SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Medic6758
Medic6758 is on a distinguished road

Default Power door locks wont unlock

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have a 2006 Saturn Vue. The power door locks only unlock when the key is not in the ignition but when I start the car the the power locks work fine.
I checked the fuses and they are fine. I hope someone can help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Medic6758's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Medic6758 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Medic6758 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Power door locks wont unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic6758 View Post
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have a 2006 Saturn Vue. The power door locks only unlock when the key is not in the ignition but when I start the car the the power locks work fine.
I checked the fuses and they are fine. I hope someone can help!
Is this something new or a feature you just detected?

Do you have manual or automatic transmission?

If manual - see 2006 Vue owners manual (page 2-9) for instructions to program unlock when key is removed from ignition.

Repost if you have auto or don't have the manual.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Medic6758

Sorry, it is an automatic. That feature you are describing works fine, the doors lock when it goes into drive and unlock when parked. But as soon as I pull the key out of the ignition I cant lock the doors with the button.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Medic6758 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Are you trying to lock the doors using inside door switch or keyless entry button?

If using inside switch - have you tried using pax side switch to lock doors?

If pax side switch operates normally it could be flaky drivers side lock switch, loose wire, or something more sinister.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Medic6758

I am using the switches on the doors and none of them lock unless the car is running.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic6758 View Post
I am using the switches on the doors and none of them lock unless the car is running.
I'm checking the schematics ... can you advise (with key removed):

--do doors lock and unlock using keyless entry?

--if doors are locked with keyless entry will the inside switches unlock doors?

--do you notice clicking noises when moving the inside door control to lock?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Medic6758

I do not have key-less entry. when I open the door with the key and I try to lock it using the switch, nothing happens, no clicking. If I hit the switch the other way to unlock, it works fine.
Now if I start the car and it is running, the switch locks and unlocks fine. I can put it in drive and the doors lock automatically.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

More questions:

-- you mention door switch not working when key's removed from ignition - does this mean key only has to be physically in ignition or must be turned to ACC or ON?

-- is the failure to lock a recent development?

-- did you check both fuses in center console ... 10 amp (LOCK/MIRROR) fuse and 20 amp (DR LOCK)?

While in center console - use the fuse/relay map to find how many door relays are used. If two - or possibly three - swap any of the relays with the one plugged into door-lock position (if any). See if this makes a difference.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Medic6758

I checked the fuses the are on the passenger side of the center console, I swapped them and nothing changed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Are you interested in other questions and comment regarding relays?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
Medic6758

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Are you interested in other questions and comment regarding relays?
Where are the relays? in the center console?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Yes - relays are in center console - and see questions in post # 8.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!