SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
Meowth
Meowth is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default Wanted: 2002 SC2 Cigarette Lighter Wiring

When I first got my 2002 SC2, my stereo kept blowing fuses. After many attempts to get it to stop, I somehow ended up disconnecting the wires to my cigarette lighter. If I remember correctly, somehow these wires ended up wired incorrectly and were causing a short. Long story short, I need the wiring diagram for the cigarette lighter because I'm too stupid for simple wiring. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Meowth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Meowth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Wanted: 2002 SC2 Cigarette Lighter Wiring

You probably have a shorted socket. Go to the junk yard and get the entire socket and the plug that clips to it. Then you can replace it. The sockets short when they are used as a power source for chargers and/or inverters. If that does not fix it then this will be considerably more complex than just a diagram. Try and find one from a 2000 or newer S-Series then teh wire color should match.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Meowth
Meowth is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
You probably have a shorted socket. Go to the junk yard and get the entire socket and the plug that clips to it. Then you can replace it. The sockets short when they are used as a power source for chargers and/or inverters. If that does not fix it then this will be considerably more complex than just a diagram. Try and find one from a 2000 or newer S-Series then teh wire color should match.
Thanks. That's probably what was causing it. I definitely had an inverter in there running lots of stuff. Terrible idea, I know. I'll call up some junkyards tomorrow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Meowth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Meowth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

If that does not fix it you will need more directions. The power to the panel is on a different pin than F-5 for the Gen 3 cars but if the lighter socket is not the cause then further investigation will be required.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote