SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #1
Candears
Candears is on a distinguished road

Default 92 sc Code 26 32 poor MPG

Ok so im not very savy with posts and whatnot so if im doing something wrong please kindly inform me and i will correct it. Anywho i bought a 92 saturn sc with 215xxx on it. When i got it it hadent ran in almost two years. After some troubleshooting it was determined there was no spark and i asumed that the Crankshaft Position sensor was the culprit. I swaped it out and it fired right up. only with SES light on. I read the codes and many were there one being the knock sensor, upon enspection i noticed the sensors wiring harness was destroyed so i replaced the harness and that code dissappered. Now i have the code 26 which i have researched and apparently is the quad driver as well as code 32 EGR system fault. Now it should be noted that the car is getting extreamly and i mean extreamly poor gas millage. I changed the plugs NGK nickels and noticed that with the moter running if i pull plug one the spark shoots out the boot and grounds to the moter block from a reasonable distance as well as cylinder 4 as for 2 and 3 the spark seems noticbly weeker and does not really seem to produce as strong of a spark. Any insight at all would be extreamly helpful

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Candears's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Candears reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Candears is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2
Default Re: 92 sc Code 26 32 poor MPG

I would pull the coil pack, check for corrosion, clean it up with something not too aggressive (eg, used scotchbrite pad, the green scrubby part) and try it out.

Since this car is new to you, wouldn't hurt to replace the spark plug wires either, or at least check resistance

Welcome to the forums - your post is generally fine but it is a lot easier to read and follow if you break up your post by hitting the "Enter" key a couple times.

If you go to the S-series General forum, the first post is a sticky with lots of good info for new and returning S-series owners (the big one being, check your oil level a lot)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
yazhere
yazhere is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1

" the car is getting extreamly and i mean extreamly poor gas millage"

Check the ECTS ( Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor ) and the thermostat.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yazhere's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yazhere reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yazhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Baron5867
Advanced Member
Baron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really niceBaron5867 is just really nice

1994 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candears View Post
Now i have the code 26 which i have researched and apparently is the quad driver as well as code 32 EGR system fault.
If your car setup is the same as my 94, I believe that the combination of these codes points to a solenoid that controls the EGR. It can be tested with an ohmmeter, you will have to search around for the proper resistance values to be seen. Part can be had from a JY, relatively easy to install.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Baron5867's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Baron5867 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Baron5867 is offline   Reply With Quote