SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
snoops454
snoops454 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1
Default Where to buy fuel line for 2000 SL2?

The rubber fuel line is leaking in near the engine, this is the fuel line to the injector rail, not the anti aeration line. I don't know if I can just use fuel injection hose and try to reuse the quick connect ends, or if I need to replace it as an assembly.

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snoops454's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snoops454 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snoops454 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: Where to buy fuel line for 2000 SL2?

There is no return line from the rail. That line is the 50psi fuel supply line and a direct replacement is a dealer only or junkyard item. If the leak is in the flex portion and you are properly skilled you can replace it but a leak under the hood can result in a Saturn fambe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
snoops454

2001 SC1

Well not exactly what I wanted to hear, but its what I expected. I was hoping maybe the aftermarket made a good replacement. I know there is no return from the rail, its the supply line that's leaking. Something must've come up and hit it because it has a nasty gash in it.
Guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow, I wonder how much that bad boy is gonna set me back...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help snoops454 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

It is most likely no longer available, depends on the dealer and how hard they want to look. There are 2 lines and 1 is the fuel supply and the other is the canister purge line. If it is the rubber flex line that is cut I would go buy 2 spring constant tension clamps and 2 worm drive clamps and a double barb connector. IIRC 3/8 is the close size.

The part number is 21015026 00-02 all DOHC and you can check the following sources.
GM Parts Giant- http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/
GM Parts Direct- http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
Get Saturn Parts- http://www.trademotion.com/splash/in...?siteid=214643

Price looks like a nice crisp steel engraved picture of old Ben Franklin.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
snoops454

2001 SC1

It is the fuel supply line and it looks rubber and says DO NOT REPAIR right on it. haha.

It comes up the firewall a little bit and then curves down towards the VSS and then curves back up to the Intake Manifold. Right at the lower curve near the VSS is where its split. I worry that if a repair failed it would spray on the exhaust and catch fire.

Get Saturn Parts lists it for $125.93 so if they have it in stock I will order it for peace of mind.

Thanks Old Nuc!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Yes, I would replace it. Or go hack one out of a junker if it was not the right model and splice it into the hard line.

Those warning labels are a code requirement for high pressure fuel in vehicles. They are to try and prevent the local redneck back yard repairer from trying to patch a leak with duct tape and string. They can be fixed with no risk if you pay attention.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!