SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1
Default Wipers turn themselves on occasionally

Wasn't finding good results with the search, so thought I would throw this out there.

Yesterday my wipers decided to start turning themselves on. Not completely on, but twice when I took a hard left turn, they went one time. Later it was raining, and I had them on intermittent, and about a half dozen times they would go twice in a row rather than the normal time span.

I'm assuming it's likely a switch issue, but open to other ideas. Anyone refurbish a switch before?

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
wscreate
wscreate is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wipers turn themselves on occasionally

I have experienced a similar problem. Switched to high one day and got normal speed. Switched to normal speed and got intermittent. Certainly it must be a switch. I am thinking about getting one from a junkyard. Am wondering if newer models will fit on my 94 sc2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wscreate's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wscreate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wscreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
93SC2'in
93SC2'in is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

i've been having the same problem recently with my 95 i took the plastic covers off and looked and inspected the wires that come from the switch and can't really see any problems.

so it must be internal in the switch or maybe closer to the wiper motor under the cowl that is my next place to inspect, but it's been raining here pretty good.

one thought is water getting in there since the seal under the hood witht he screen and foam on mine is loose, i'll report back once i inspect in there.

93 SC2, 5-speed, <dead and gone>
95 SL2 5-speed, oem header, gsi TB, sprint 2.0, kyb gr2's, wb02, SAFCII, CAI, 17"s
---------------
Speed Kills - save lives, Drive a honda

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 93SC2'in's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 93SC2'in reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
93SC2'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Tommie
Advanced Member
Tommie will become famous soon enough

1996 SL1
2002 SL1

Mine has gone crazy once in a while for years. Usually when there is a temperature change or rains. Hasn't gotten worse either. I'm just leaving it till I need to change it and I believe the motor is the problem not the switch...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tommie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tommie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
chingondearmona
chingondearmona is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

my problem is that after from sitting parked for 2 years in my back yard, the right turn signal wouldn't work, turned out that it would go up too high and i had to pull the switch a bit back in order for it to work, the problem is that when im driving down the road i hear like the wires are making contact, kinda like when you have a low voltage a/c to d/c adapter put the wires togeather at the end and it makes a clicking contact sound, also at the base of the contact switch i see there is a white little piece of plastic broken, i need to know what switches fit my 1995 Sl2 with cruise.

1995 Saturn SL2 DOHC 1.9 L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chingondearmona's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chingondearmona reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chingondearmona is offline   Reply With Quote