SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
20VUE06
20VUE06 is on a distinguished road

Default Towing Package

Greetings all. I'm not used to this Outlook forum area - as you see I'm a Vue owner...

I am aware that the Outlook has a towing capacity is 2000/4500, but what I'm trying to determine is what all is included in the towing package?

I've read it includes a factory tranny cooler, but what else? Is there a tow/haul mode? I assume it has a hitch installed at factory or by dealer. What about wiring?

I'm asking because I'm looking into a used Outlook and I'm fairly certain it does not have the package. I'm trying to determine whether all I need to do is add the tranny cooler, hitch, and wiring...

Thanks all.

2004 Vue AWD V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 20VUE06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 20VUE06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
20VUE06 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
20VUE06

Default Re: Towing Package

Think I just found out a little on an Acadia forum... I assume it's the same for the Outlook?

The factory tow package includes the hitch, trailer connector, trans cooler, different fuse block and the tow/haul button. Most aftermarket installs do not include the fuse block, tow/haul button or trans cooler since most of these installs are not done at a dealer. The tow/haul button allows the trans to shift differently since you are towing. The heart of the system is the trans cooler and this allows the Acadia to pull it's max weight (5200lbs for the 09; 4500lbs for the 07's and 08's). The fuse block allows all your trailer light connections to come from the fuse block instead of tapping off the vehicle brake light. The Acadia rear lights are LED's; tapping off of them can cause them to burn out prematurely.

2004 Vue AWD V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 20VUE06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Yes it's the same on all the Lambda models (Acadia, Enclave, Traverse, and Outlook).

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

in addition, the factory model is mounted differently to the frame, so you get the full 4500 tow capacity. Aftermarket is limited to 2000lbs because it can't be attached the same way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
in addition, the factory model is mounted differently to the frame, so you get the full 4500 tow capacity. Aftermarket is limited to 2000lbs because it can't be attached the same way.
I disagree. There is but one way to connect the hitch. The holes for the bolts are pre drilled in the frame. It was the same on my Outlook that I installed as it is on my Acadia that is factory installed.

The difference in tow capacity is due to the tranny cooler and added components. The tow haul button when en-gauged keeps the tranny from over shifting.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
20VUE06

Thanks for the info guys. Decided against a Lambda and bought a Honda Ridgeline instead. 5000lb towing capability and all the towing gear included from the get go. Appreciate the help.

2004 Vue AWD V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!