SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
chingondearmona
chingondearmona is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
Default Leaking Water Door

So its sunday, started out with a beautiful day but suddenly clouds moved in and brought heavy rain, i am having a leak through the top of the driver side door, i had this problem for the last couple of years but suddenly it just started to get worse, i was wondering if anywho else had this problem before and if its just a door seal issue or something is loose? and if its a seal issue how do you go about getting a replacement. i was looking at the seal and it looks like its attached somehow to the door. any help please!

1995 Saturn SL2 DOHC 1.9 L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chingondearmona's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chingondearmona reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chingondearmona is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
PlasticCarsRock
Master Member
PlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the roughPlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the roughPlasticCarsRock is a jewel in the rough

1995 SL2
Default Re: Leaking Water Door

The door will leak if it's not closed all the way, but you would have noticed that, I'm sure. Check to make sure the latch is adjusted properly (does the door take about the same force to close as the passenger side front door?).

If it's a seal, they're relatively easy to replace. You can get a replacement for a few dollars from a junkyard. The one that goes all the way around the door is the one you'll probably need. I believe it just kinda presses in, so you should just be able to pull it out (if you get it from a pick-n-pull style yard, you'll see how it goes back together).

High compression build: .033" shaved/ported head, flat-faced valves; gen3 rods, pistons, tie-plate; OE header, custom CAI, SDA street cams with adjustable sprockets, WBO2, SAFCII, LSD. ASE A1-A8+L1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PlasticCarsRock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PlasticCarsRock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PlasticCarsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

Unless your careful & slow with a pair of pliers and/or flat tip screwdriver I don't recommend getting a used seal from a junkyard. Freaking annoying & the rubber tears very freaking easy. Somehow the passenger door seal on my not very rusty, in decent shape '96 SC2 was in much worse condition then the one on a '95 SC1 I had for parts so I swapped 'em.

The top just presses in (mines caulked in because they changed shape or something '95-'96) & the rest (parts that aren't around the window) are held in with plastic purple tabs every 3" or so.

Collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing"
3 ECTS pigtails, 1 ECTS FS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
SRGW
SRGW is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
1997 SL1
Post Re: Leaking Water Door

Reseal drip rail where roof meets moulding above door. Search for wolfman in How To library. I had the same problem sealed both sides and still dry since 2005.

1995 SL1 177,800 and go'in strong!!
CHECK YOUR OIL!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SRGW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SRGW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SRGW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Thats correct the drip rail that runs along the roof ends up loosing its adheasive over the years and separates from the roof panels, the usual fix and this I know sounds cheesy but if you put a small bead of clear silicone sealant along the drip rail on the roof line it will fix all your water problems with the front doors when it rains.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
trottida
Advanced Member
trottida will become famous soon enough

2001 SL1

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...fman+drip+rail

Current rides
2001 SL1 MT (366,000 km @ 11/2014)
2005 Suburban Z71 (245,000 km @ 11/2014)

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
Tawnylane
Tawnylane is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2
1994 SL2

Bless you for asking this question! This has been a minor issue for "Charlie" (94 HCE). Had researched and found bending the doors but did not seem to help and it really didn't seem to be the source. but this sounds like our problem. Will do it next week when both the 94 models (car and driver ) get home from college for the summer.
Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tawnylane's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tawnylane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tawnylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
madpogue
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnylane View Post
This has been a minor issue for "Charlie" (94 HCE).
You named your Homecoming car after the founder of this forum? Cool.....

Last edited by madpogue; 04-26-2013 at 10:50 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Tawnylane

1998 SW2
1994 SL2

LOL!

Serendipity!
My son named it for his sister... seems to fit well tho'

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Tawnylane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
off-track
Master Member
off-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnylane View Post
My son named it for his sister...
His sister is named Charlie??

1997 - SL2, barebones, 161k, Auto - Rebuild complete and.. burnt a valve 20k later Arrgh!
Purchased 114k 10/07
Added OEM CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to off-track's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help off-track reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
off-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
Tawnylane

1998 SW2
1994 SL2

Yeah after I retread that, it sure came out that way!
SHE could come up with a name, so he did it for her. How's that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!