SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Catholic
Catholic will become famous soon enough

1992 SL1
Default 1992 SL1 instrument cluster LEDs

Hello,

Would anyone know what LEDs would work for a 1992 SL1 for the illumination lights inside the instrument cluster. The lights in my car are #GE73 and there are 10 of them in a blue base. I have looked on Superbrightleds.com and am unsure what base would match mine. Thank you for any help that you could give.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Catholic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Catholic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Catholic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: 1992 SL1 instrument cluster LEDs

bulb #161,#73 & #74. Not sure which on specifically but leaning towards 73 & 74.
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...placementGuide

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Catholic
Catholic will become famous soon enough

1992 SL1
Default Re: 1992 SL1 instrument cluster LEDs

Thanks fetchitfido,

My SL1 has the GE73 for 8 illumination lights and also for the Panel Dimmer Light and for the Rear Window Defogger Switch Light. The GE74's are for the 14 Instrument Panel Warning Lights. The 161's are for the Ashtray and the PRND32 Shift Indicator Light. My owners manual also has a 73, not a GE73, for the Cigar Lighter Ring Light.

I think that this post saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115575 uses the T1.5 LED Twist Lock Lamp, superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/74_t15.htm, so I think that that is the route that I will go.

I just wish that there was another LED that had a wider dispersion of light and was still plug and play.

Last edited by Catholic; 01-18-2011 at 12:27 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Catholic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Catholic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Catholic is offline   Reply With Quote