SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
vickyvp
vickyvp is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2009 AURA XE
Default 09 Aura Check Engine light

Can anyone tell me where the port is to plug in the odb2 reader for this car? The check engine light came on a little over 50,000 miles. Yes, already know about the gas cap issue and have checked. Just want to get the code before I take it in to the shop on Monday and NOT get blown away...

Vicky

95 Saturn SL1 with 217,500...replaced engine with 99 w/66k Jan '11
09 Saturn Aura 53,000
98 Ford Ranger 228,000...rebuilt engine at 219,000.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vickyvp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vickyvp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vickyvp is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 09 Aura Check Engine light

Unless your Aura is different from any other USA car or suv, the DLC is always located next to the steering wheel column under the knee bolster when you look under. Some expensive cars will hide theirs behind an access cover that needs to be popped off. Most are visible. Most Autozone clerks know where to plug in their store readers so watch them as they retrieve the error codes for free. Just be sure to read the display and write down any codes as they suggest some parts to replace. Kindly ignore their suggestions if they're not ASE certified in diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repairs of any make or model of car or suv.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
greenman
greenman will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE

Write down the code/s & post back with it/them. More than likely we can point you in a direction that would save you money. Depends on your level of car experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

also can get code by pushing the blue button on the mirror

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
also can get code by pushing the blue button on the mirror
Only true if you are paying for onstar right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
rosen123
rosen123 is on a distinguished road

My light just came on as well, have 52000.00 miles. auto zone said dirty fuel injectors and told me to use cleaner with a full tank of good gas. let the tank go dry and refilled but light is still on so does mechanic have to reset or will it go out on its own?

I did notice that I got better mileage on that tank of gas.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rosen123's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rosen123 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rosen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosen123 View Post
My light just came on as well, have 52000.00 miles. auto zone said dirty fuel injectors and told me to use cleaner with a full tank of good gas. let the tank go dry and refilled but light is still on so does mechanic have to reset or will it go out on its own?

I did notice that I got better mileage on that tank of gas.
What was the exact code/s & which engine?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
greenman

2009 AURA XE

There is no code for dirty fuel injectors so that is some store clerk's interpretation of the code/s. I would encourage you to be wary of any advice you get at an Autozone. Don't assume they know what they're talking about. The code/s itself is the thing you need to give us along with your best attempt at describing the symptoms & the details of your car. With that info we can usually help point you in the right direction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!