SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #21
Bealson Wheels
Bealson Wheels is on a distinguished road

1993 SW2
Default Re: 1993 SW2 with new AUDI LED look

I was thinking of making them go the whole length of the light housing, but saw someone with a Civic like that, so I decided to try this. They can be cut, so I have been thinking of trimming them where the low beam reflector ends. That way, it would only outline the low beam.

I got them for Christmas, but they can be found at any local Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. The ones on my car are 24" and where about 24.99. The do have smaller ones, 18" and 15", which are a bit cheaper. I am not sure of the part number, I threw the directions and wrapping in my burn barrel after I read them.

I love the way the German cars are built, however, I don't like the cost to repair them. My friend has a 1996 A4, he has had all kinds of electrical gremlins. Recently took car to the garage and 3g's later he has an entire new wiring harness. LOL. He still loves that car, and is planning on sinking more into it. He plans on getting a body kit and new hood and trunk etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bealson Wheels's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bealson Wheels reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bealson Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

"Normally" people take the passenger side wiper off. They don't break off the driver side one & rearagne the passenger side. Looks like you broke off the driver side instead of undoing the nut that holds it on.

LED's look good enough at nice, look kinda stupid when you turn 'em on during the day with how far apart the LEDs are from each other.

Teal car, probably a tan interior & you painted the dash red. Long as the one who has to look at that clash of colors all the time likes it... lol

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #23
Bealson Wheels

1993 SW2

Fetchitfido said,
Quote:
" "Normally" people take the passenger side wiper off. They don't break off the driver side one & rearagne the passenger side. Looks like you broke off the driver side instead of undoing the nut that holds it on.

LED's look good enough at nice, look kinda stupid when you turn 'em on during the day with how far apart the LEDs are from each other.

Teal car, probably a tan interior & you painted the dash red. Long as the one who has to look at that clash of colors all the time likes it... lol "

If I wanted to be normal, I would have 2 wipers on. I saw this look on a 3 series in the Speed GT division. Also I did not break anything on my car. I have every stock piece that I took of it and replaced with new. The nut is still on the driver's side, my friend put one of those antennae toppers over the nut. It is currently a white and black cow. The wiper arm is in my garage along with my stock air box, radio and muffler.

My car did not come with DRL's, that is why I wanted to add them. I thought the LED's would be different and decided to pay homeage to a great car company. Audi has done spectacular things in recent years with their R8's in The American Le-Mans Series P1 division and their diesel technology in racing cars.

My car is Aquamarine and the interior is a gray color. The seats broke when I first got the car and so I replaced them with seats out of a 2000 SC2. They are black. I decided to paint the dash red because I want a red interior, the gray gets dirty easy. I am still gonna color the interior red and black with some Aquamarine accents. It's my car, enough said.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bealson Wheels reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
Redhotftw!
Advanced Member
Redhotftw! will become famous soon enough

the single wiper is not a look. on cars built that way, or have kits for it, the wiper sweeps 180 degrees and rests in the horizontal position.

your looks like its broken and your to cheap to fix it....

1998 "Red Hot" Sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Redhotftw!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Redhotftw! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Redhotftw! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
SC2BuzzBomb
SC2BuzzBomb is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotftw! View Post
the single wiper is not a look. on cars built that way, or have kits for it, the wiper sweeps 180 degrees and rests in the horizontal position.

your looks like its broken and your to cheap to fix it....
Agreed, this is a complete cheeseball mod. Thankfully only a stack of pizzas has to stare at that position of the wiper all the time on the passenger side.

If this guy wants to really get attention, why not discard the polymer body panels and just drive around in a metal-braced exoskeleton Saturn? That'll get people looking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2BuzzBomb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2BuzzBomb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #26
vtsl2
Advanced Member
vtsl2 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
1994 SL2

Ya know you guys that are crapping on this kid are the real kids, Why not let him have his own taste of creativity. If he is the one that likes it let him be, Not everybody likes what people do to there cars, but thier way to expess themselves.

Looks good bealson wheels, make sure you prep the plastic right so the paint does not chip or flake.

SATURNS ROCK: THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY
99 sc2m mine
94 sl2m my sons
10 ford Taurus with paddle shift(cool)
99 sw2a converted to manuel
02 chevy Silverado extened cab stepside
99 sl2m retired

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vtsl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vtsl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vtsl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #27
SC2BuzzBomb

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtsl2 View Post
Ya know you guys that are crapping on this kid are the real kids, Why not let him have his own taste of creativity. If he is the one that likes it let him be, Not everybody likes what people do to there cars, but thier way to expess themselves.

Looks good bealson wheels, make sure you prep the plastic right so the paint does not chip or flake.
The funny thing is, your car makes his look good by comparison. What is that contraption mounted on your trunk lid? Are you trying to set sail with your Saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SC2BuzzBomb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #28
Daishi360
Daishi360 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Hey i also think that looks pretty good. Not sure about the wipers.... The idea of a little cow antenna topper on the driver's side wiper nut is pretty funny though

Anyway its your car so do what you want

1998 SL2 5-Speed
I/H/E
AMR Engineering Strut Braces & Rear Sway Bar
AMR Radiator
SDA Dogbones & TAM
Engine Rebuilt at 138K (crankshaft, rering, remanned head)
197K miles
--------------------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Daishi360's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Daishi360 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Daishi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
Saturnboy2002
Saturnboy2002 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

I dont see why everyone is ragging on this guy. Its HIS car let him do whatever he wants to it. heck if he wanted to paint every panel a different color let him. Its his decision on what to do with it and as long as he likes what he is doing then thats all that matters, all other opinions are second best. i however like how he is trying to be original which can be tricky.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnboy2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnboy2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnboy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #30
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

"Do your own thing" is fine with a car that's otherwise street legal. I'd love to see the language demonstrating the legality of the single wiper in this case. 'Course, the inop headlight is a no-brainer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
cfg83
Advanced Member
cfg83 is on a distinguished road

Saturnboy2002 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnboy2002 View Post
I dont see why everyone is ragging on this guy. Its HIS car let him do whatever he wants to it. heck if he wanted to paint every panel a different color let him. Its his decision on what to do with it and as long as he likes what he is doing then thats all that matters, all other opinions are second best. i however like how he is trying to be original which can be tricky.
Ha ha, If I were rich I thought it would be fun to swap plastic panels to make a "Patridge Family" Saturn. Just for fun, mind you. You could also make a black/white SC2 "Intercepteror".

CarloSW2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfg83's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfg83 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #32
SC2BuzzBomb

1995 SC2

The best performance mod any of you Saturn butchers could do is get rid of all that tacky excess weight you are bolting on to the poor car. A broken windshield wiper stuck in the middle of the passenger side view will create extra aerodynamic drag. Bolting on a cheeseball monstrosity of a "spoiler" will also create aerodynamic drag and create lift on the wheels. You car is setup to push into corners, it'll never oversteer in its current configuration.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #33
phillyboii91
phillyboii91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotftw! View Post
You removed a wiper and painted the dash red.

Please, enlighten me on the functionality of these "mods"

The idea of the LED stripes, while over played, isnt a bad one, your execution is just sub par IMO. thats what makes it ricey
how did u do the single wiper mod???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phillyboii91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phillyboii91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phillyboii91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #34
FenderGuitars77
FenderGuitars77 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1
1992 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboii91 View Post
how did u do the single wiper mod???
He didn't, TS did.

And there's a reason the car comes with two windshield wipers... just leave it that way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FenderGuitars77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FenderGuitars77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FenderGuitars77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnboy2002 View Post
I dont see why everyone is ragging on this guy.
This is what happens when you post pictures on the Interwebz and ask for opinions.

This is also what happens when you post pictures on the Interwebz and don't ask for opinions.

Quote:
Its HIS car let him do whatever he wants to it. heck if he wanted to paint every panel a different color let him. Its his decision on what to do with it and as long as he likes what he is doing then thats all that matters, all other opinions are second best.
Agreed, but there may be safety or legal issues (in addtion to any aesthetic issues)

I just checked MI law - no requirement for two wipers unless the vehicle is: A truck with a gross weight over 10,000 pounds, a truck tractor, a bus, or a truck... carrying hazardous materials on which a placard is required to be posted pursuant to 49 CFR parts 100 to 199

For other vehicles, a device is required: for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle. A vehicle licensed as an historical vehicle is exempt from this subsection if the vehicle was not originally equipped with such a device. Each windshield wiper upon a motor vehicle shall be maintained in good working order

Your state's laws may vary...

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #36
phillyboii91
phillyboii91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuitars77 View Post
He didn't, TS did.

And there's a reason the car comes with two windshield wipers... just leave it that way.
I see people wit VW have it and i luv VW and Audi so i want that **** on
my sl2. where can i get a single wiper kit for my sl2???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phillyboii91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phillyboii91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phillyboii91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #37
Bealson Wheels

1993 SW2

phillyboii91 said,
Quote:
"I see people wit VW have it and i luv VW and Audi so i want that **** on
my sl2. where can i get a single wiper kit for my sl2???"
I did not know that they make a kit to make a single wiper. Hence the reason mine has that "BROKEN LOOK". I just removed the driver's side wiper arm and repositioned it like that. I am inspection mechanic in my state of Pa. The only time you need the other wiper arm is when getting the car inspected. It is not a safety issue, it is because state laws says the car needs to be the way it was from factory. So every year, I reposition the wiper and put drivers back on. I have had this "BROKEN LOOK" for over 10 years. I first put it on a 1984 Civic. I have had it on several of my cars since. I have not been pulled over for the wiper, I have however, been pulled over on 4 separate occasions for too dark window tint.

I have since fixed my broken headlight issue. Give me a break, the light went out went when I was installing the LED's.

I asked about my LED's, not my wiper or recent light failure. I stopped posting, because I left high school 17 yrs ago, so if ya have a legitimate response, I will reply, if not, then FLAME ON. I enjoy reading some of them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #38
Kronos
Kronos is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

Don't pay attention to Flamers. As long as your car is legal for the roads you drive on and you like it, it's OK. I happen to like single wipers. The look, anyway. I've watched Mercedes Benz with their single wiper actually wagging the car while operating! One would think that they would put some kind of counterbalance on it. That thing really moves.

Did you get your wiper to cycle farther on the windshield than stock?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kronos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kronos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #39
Bealson Wheels

1993 SW2

Kronos said,
Quote:
"Did you get your wiper to cycle farther on the windshield than stock? "
No, that is why it is in the position that it is. Someone said earlier that they make something to do this right. So if anyone knows a place or website that I can get a conversion kit, I would be interested in obtaining and installing one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
pamartin7
pamartin7 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Yea I happen to like pretty much all of the stuff you did to your car, I may have done it a bit different, but I like it, don't pay attention to the A**holes that want to talk s**t because they don't like YOUR car, do what you want.

'06 Saturn Ion - 94k - Current
'98 SC2 Auto - 145k - Gone but not forgotten

"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind".
-Kurt Vonnegut

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pamartin7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pamartin7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pamartin7 is offline   Reply With Quote