|01-02-2011, 02:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Keyless entry not working. Car won't start.
Is there a way to override the security system? My remote is not working so I had to open the door with the actual key. Now the car won't start. Thanks
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|01-02-2011, 04:16 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Re: Keyless entry not working. Car won't start.
However, if at KEY ON, the SECURITY light is not ON, fuel pump does not cycle and dash lights are not ON momentarily - try resetting the IGN and BCM fuses.
Remove cover from I/P fuse box (near front seat pax left foot), use map on cover to locate fuses for BCM, BCM (IGN1) and IGN1 fuses. Pull each fuse and reseat after five or 10 minutes. Check results.
30-Minute Learn Procedure
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
The vehicle learns the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
Not a professional mechanic - advice and data are free - PM email address if I'm not logged on.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2003 Saturn VUE Remote Keyless Entry Stopped Working||tcptom||Vue Tech||15||09-14-2010 10:48 AM|
|Keyless entry in 2002 SL1 not working. tried new batteries.||silverslug||S-Series Tech||6||02-24-2009 10:55 AM|
|Remote keyless entry not working||kelbot||Outlook General||9||03-19-2008 06:25 PM|
|Keyless entry fobs not working||boomerang86||L-Series Tech||5||05-29-2006 09:36 AM|
|Keyless Entry not working||Crypto1969||L-Series General||13||03-07-2006 03:12 PM|