SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #121
MidnightVue
MidnightVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

As everyone else has chimed in, thanks for the excellent resources and time spent keeping this website going. Our family misses the Saturn dealership and all the people in the service department, you could actually feel like you were being treated fairly there. We have been impressed with our Vue and hope there are many more miles to come.

I use the internet frequently when I have an issue that needs to be resolved on my vehicles, and after browsing some other websites with forums, I can say that nowhere else is there such a solid and knowledgeable group of individuals who contribute. Just about everything is well thought out and verified by someone who has actually thought about the problem rather than a bunch of hot air from someone guessing at questions. Thanks to all who help those of us out who are not willing to let some "other" dealership or shop attempt to fix problems and overcharge us for it. And thanks to everyone who looks here for answers and tries to work on their own stuff, the world needs more people like this.

I guess now all we can do is wait for someone with common sense and lots of money to pick up the brand again in the future....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MidnightVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MidnightVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MidnightVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #122
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

I have only great memories of Saturn. My time with the company was, without a doubt, the most fulfilling professional experience I have had to date. I am glad that I had the chance to meet and talk to Charlie a few times, and only have good things to say about all the wonderful people I worked with (at Saturn HQ, in the field, and at the dealerships). My only regret is that I didn't get to work for Saturn throughout the 90's too.

Kevin Frayne
Outlook Product Mgr - concept -2007
Relay Product Mgr - it's entire life
Sky Product Mgr - about 10 fun months

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #123
93SilverSaturn
93SilverSaturn is on a distinguished road

1993 SW2

Saturn will live in my heart FOREVER!! Happy New Year Everyone!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 93SilverSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 93SilverSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
93SilverSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #124
yojamey
yojamey is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the site and please do keep the repair advise alive. I have a 1995 SW1 that continues to run fairly well with almost all repairs to date being minor and within my ability to take on as a do it yourselfer(belts, belt tensioner, alternators, batteries, bulbs, wheel bearing, brakes, spark plugs, air filters and oil changes and tires)... I have had Honda and Toyota cars before and think the SW1 compares favorably. Too bad GM considered the cars experiments without proper funding to truely upgrade the brand early in its life cycle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yojamey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yojamey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yojamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #125
kengrubb
kengrubb is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2
2005 RELAY-2

Wife and I owned several used cars from 1989 to 2000, and in August of 2000 we bought our first new car--a 2000 Saturn SW2. It was an absolutely amazing car, and we kept it until it was totally when I was rear ended in June 2009. We had planned to keep it until something was available that plugged in, which we hoped was a Saturn. The replacement I "drive" today is a Kona Dew, but the replacement I want is a Nissan Leaf.

In 2005, we bought a new 2005 Saturn Relay. It has been a very good vehicle, we get 28 MPG highway, but sadly it seems that it will be our last Saturn. Of the replacement vehicles I see on the horizon that I want, the 2012 Ford Escape PHEV seems the most likely. Others I would consider are the Prius MPV (though I really want something that plugs in) or GM's promised Chevy MPV5 (the 5 passenger MPV variant using the Volt's E-REV powerplant technology).

We have not bid farewell to GM, though we are still not yet over GM's decision to toss Saturn overboard--the most fuel efficient product lineup.

GM today is in transition. I cannot yet decide which way GM will go. One path is for GM to really blaze a more fuel efficient trail by embracing hybrids, advanced hybrids, plugin hybrids, and electric vehicles. The other path I see is to backslide into the past of bigger is better. The former gives GM the chance to survive. The latter is truly the death of GM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kengrubb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kengrubb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kengrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #126
ron9san
ron9san is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1
Sad Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Thanks Charlie , for this site and the wealth of information it has provided.

The only Saturn I have is a 1997 SL1 – I bought it used with 26K miles on it in May of 2000 – despite many that I knew said to get an import over Saturn. But despite of all that said – I got my Saturn – my first ride – I have enjoyed every movement riding my car till date, it now has 180K on it and still gives me 36+ MPG. I plan to keep it as long as possible.

I was a complete novice when it came to car care – all I knew was to check air pressure and that’s it – it was in early 2005 that I had first issue with a sticky SES light – that followed my quest to resolve the issue my self – google let me to Saturn fans forums and since that day thing turned around for me and my relationship with cars…

If today I can call myself a reasonable DIY’er with cars [now 3 diff brands] I only owe it to SaturnFans.com, its forums and its members and to you for having a platform for members to contribute…

I, like many others was sad/ to hear GM was pulling its plugs for Saturn, I really don’t know why – but it happened. But it’s even more sad hearing a bye bye from Saturnfans since it’s this site that made me appreciate the ride

I have and be proud of the knowledge I have gained, and still gaining – it has totally changed my outlook towards car and car maintenance.
Thanks to Charlie for sustaining this great resource for the benefits of so many for many years….and thanks to each and every member on this site…..

I will remember this for life and every time I see a Saturn – I have nothing but appreciation for a true legend that was made to stand up against imports and boy it did it so very well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ron9san's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ron9san reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ron9san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #127
wizetekie
wizetekie is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Question Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

i have one regret from 2010 after i got into the military i went to help a friend get a new car and i ended up trading my ion in for a ram that is my regret for 2010. i think of my ion all the time. i thank this site for all the help that i have gotten when i asked for it these past yrs 2006-2010 thank you everyone.. may ur saturn take u everywhere..

happy new years to everyone and there family's

ALL THE WORLD NEEDS is a LITTLE BASS!!!

ARE YOU ARMY STRONG?!?!?!?

I know I am...

Mods Injen CAI
12" Sony Subwoofer Poly Shaped 1000 WATT
940 Watt Amp by Kenwood bridged
Sony Radio Deck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wizetekie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wizetekie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wizetekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #128
Mikey2Shoes
Mikey2Shoes is on a distinguished road

I don't know what I am going to do now! My brother caught me a 1994 Saturn at an auction 5 years ago with 38,000 miles on it. And it now has 485,000 miles on it, original transmission, original engine, I drive it like I stole it, it still starts every time, and I have been doing most of the repairs myself from You Tube instructional videos (as I am not a mechanic, I'm just cheap)... I have been waiting and waiting for this car to die, so I could buy a new Saturn. But this car won't die! It has been hit 4 times, My insurance company will not acknowledge that it has any association with my car. It has always burned oil, which saves me from having to change it.. I just replace 2 quarts a month... hehehe... I wish I was kidding! This car is a freakin' tank with great gas milage! I get between 30-35 mpg on this old girl... I learned how to weld by repairing a broken axle when someone side swiped us (my Saturn and I)...

My 94 Saturn and I have had so many memories together... I keep her running and she gets me home from the bar without alerting the cops! I have planned her funeral march. We will drive out to Eloy, AZ on our last road trip together, and there, we will drive out of the back of a C130 together from 15,000'. I thought she was on her last set of brakes when I changed them at the beginning of 2010, but I don't know... a new muffler, motor mount, and brakes and she will run like new! Did I mention I live on the beach and during a really bad storm my car was submerged under saltwater for an entire day when the waters broke through the barriers. Then started 3 days later with 2 turns of the key... it still has a little bit of a smell, but my car parties more than most rock stars, so I am okay with it...

For anyone reading this, My Saturn kicks ass! I have never had a car last for 500,000 miles before... my last car made it to 390,000 miles and then was buried in the desert of Arizona. My 94 Saturn has a reserved plot right next to my first car. I guess people would rather buy a car that has no brakes or a car that fires the airbag randomly while driving... or one that rolls easily if you take a turn too fast... Not MY mother's son! I like to know I can take an exit ramp turn at 80mph (whatever, I only did it once, don't judge me!) and my brakes work every time (ask the NY State Trooper who crapped in his pants when he thought I was gonna rear end him when he pulled out in front of me) and airbags are over rated (I have been hit 4 times in this Saturn and the airbag never went off, and I never got hurt)...

Mikey 2 Shoes
and his 94 Saturn
485,000 Miles!
We'll miss you guys!
Thanks for building me an awesome car and selling it to a dead beat so it could be repossessed and later sold at auction for me to buy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mikey2Shoes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mikey2Shoes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mikey2Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #129
olddosdog
olddosdog is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
1996 SC1

Why is it that whenever this country produces a product that excels in quality and performance, someone kills it. My wife still owns her pristine 1996 SC1 with 150M miles. We still get 41+mpg highway and 36mpg city. The hybrids can't even come close. I still own my 2003 Vue and it runs brand new with 170M miles. Either car, not a trace of rust. These two cars will be the last two cars that we will ever own, so good-bye auto industry for you will never see either of us in any of your showrooms. And thanks to the Saturn team for everything. You are one of the things in life that we will miss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to olddosdog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help olddosdog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
olddosdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #130
David Charlton
David Charlton is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

This site has been an invaluable source of information.

My first new car was a '99 SW2. I was able to perform all of the required maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to this car by posting questions and reading other posts. I troubleshooted one item that the dealer could not figure out (after 3 visits) as well - that was low voltage. The car was totaled, but I had it repaired with used parts and it still is a strong commuter to this day.

I also purchased an 04 ION - great practical economical car that my wife drives. Aside from the ignition switch, gas, oil, and tires is all I've had to replace on it (it's due for some TLC though).

What choice does a Saturn owner have if they want to purchase a product that stands the test of time and is reliable like a Saturn? I would have to suggest something made in Japan?

GM had a good concept, a good product, motivated management and work force. I perceived a change in their philosophy about the time I bought the ION in 04 - and thought they were trying too hard to compete with other GM lines for sales, but was left dazed and confused when GM seemed to quickly discard Saturn (and Pontiac) in their struggle to reorganize.

I will never forget going to the dealer showroom and kicking the door of the display model! Sigh.

I'll be driving the ION Quad Coupe for some time yet, maybe even in parades and to car shows - who knows. Life is about making changes, right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David Charlton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David Charlton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #131
purpleghost
purpleghost is on a distinguished road

I bought my Saturn SC1 in May '95. Deep grape purple. I only have seen two others like her on the road. So sporty looking and beautiful. The dealership where purchased was to far after moving, but I found another close by. I never had to wait long for oil changes or any minor things to be done. Why? Because those cars were so well made, there was never a wait for work. The mechanics knew what they were doing. I finally sold her,(and my heart aches to this day) in Jan. '09 when I bought my present Saturn Aura. I call this one my Granny car cause she has 4 doors. My first 4 door. My SC1 sold to the first person who called and also wanted to see her. And for what I asked. $2000. I think I could have got more cause she was in very good condition and oil changes done EVERY 3000. If I had room to keep her I would have. I LOVED driving that little sporty thing!! I also love my new Saturn. Darkend windows and wind guards and mud guards and she looks soooooo kool. Now I think I'll spend the money and have a clearcoat red put on her. I wanted red, but not available. I hate that no one would pick up Saturn to continue on. I don't understand why when something good happens, it's so hard to keep it going. Saturn really set the example for other car dealers to follow with the no pressure sales. I loved that. Because I HATE dealing with most of them. Not Saturn. I'm crying that I may never find another car as good as my Saturn. What am I to do???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to purpleghost's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help purpleghost reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
purpleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #132
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Although I only recently converted to Saturn in 2008 from Honda, I purchased 2 new Saturns within 9 months of one another. Thank you very much for this great, great site. Your site is responsible for clueing me in that Saturn and Opel were collaborating on the Aura and Sky.

I had started to look for a new car in August, 2006 and went to my local Saturn dealer as a direct result of the information I found on saturnfans.com. I had never been to a Saturn dealership before - GM yes, but Saturn - no.

Once I saw and sat in a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with the panoramic sunroof, I said to myself, "if I buy a new car, this is the one" (I took pictures that day of that AURA which I posted in the photo gallery) - I even knew I'd want it in Ocean Mist (tired of dark colors always looking dirty). 2 years and 2 weeks later, I purchased my Saturn Aura XR.

9 Months later, I purchased my Sky RL - it was frosting on the cake. My parents owned Opels in Germany during the 50's, 60's and 70's. NO WAY was I going to let this opportunity pass me by. Not a single regret since.

I hope saturnfans.com will live on. It provides a wealth of information, camaraderie and keeps the level of enthusiasm for all Saturn vehicles high.

Thanks so much for these wonderful 2 1/2 years of making Saturnfans.com a daily stop for me.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #133
XRLad
XRLad is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I had followed Saturn cars some what over the years and felt they were great cars but never was in the market for new car as being a mechanic and holding my older cars together with parts and time was what i did..When Saturn started selling off their stock at great discounts i had come to the turning point at that same time and decide to buy new.The civic was my first choice but as i was not done shopping around i wasn,t ready to go with honda right yet.I had to check out Saturn as the last stop to see what the deal was with the Astra and other.Needless to say after my 1/2 hour test drive and service i had i then knew what all the years of Saturn talk was about.I was totally taken by what the Astra had to offer as a all around balance fun daily driver.I quickly forgot about the other brands indeed.It still to this very day is making me smile.Every person that has got into my Xr has stated it was a really nice car.At the point i bought the car and then found this site i started to see ,feel and understand just what a mistake GM had made.I read what many had experienced with their Saturns and really felt connected to their passion for the brand and their cars.Sadly i also felt the frustration and constant "why GM?" now that i to was a Saturn owner.No matter as i now feel GM lost and i gained when i bought my Astra .I got a great car for a next to nothing price.I feel sorry for you GM only we really know what you lost as we drive them .It is great we still have this great site and i hope it stays this way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRLad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRLad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #134
GregS&L
GregS&L is a jewel in the roughGregS&L is a jewel in the roughGregS&L is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
1995 SL2

Charlie and all SaturnFans members,

Great article and great comments from the members on this very special car and organization. They all speak from the heart.

The first Saturn I bought was a 1995 SL for my daughter as transportation while she was in high school. This was April 2000. The dealership staff at Saturn of Woodbridge (now defunct) was outstanding. The salesperson was a young gal named Stacy – a very charming, personable gal. Will never forget her. She was like a best friend to myself and especially my daughter. Stacy owned a SL Saturn herself and told us many interesting stories about it. There was NEVER any pressure to buy – the car sold itself. Among other things, the no dent, no rust plastic panels were a great plus. Also, I loved the no haggle prices.

My daughter always liked Saturns and still has the 95 SL at about 195K miles. It has taken her through high school, college, graduate school, her first job as a teacher and lately into marriage. Her husband likes it as well. I have done all the maintenance and repairs on it to date, thanks in part to the tips from the many knowledgeable members on this wonderful forum.

When it came time to buy a car for myself (Feb 2004), you guessed it, went to the same Saturn dealer to check things out. Stacy had left the area to pursue other endeavors, but the salesperson I worked with, Kurt was also outstanding. I had a special attraction to the L-series. Kurt with his wonderful patience let me drive every L-series he had on the lot. The best one I found was a fully loaded 2001 L-series with the V6 and about 38K miles. He even let me drive it home for the weekend so my wife and I could make up our minds. It was an easy decision and the no haggle price was right. We still have this wonderful car at about 89K miles. I consider this car one of the most UNDERRATED car I have ever owned. Not a sexy head turner, but a fun and dependable car to drive. Again, thanks to this wonderful forum, I have done all the maintenance and repairs (not that many) on this great car.

The Saturn parts folks were also an outstanding bunch – always helpful and with a great sense of humor. If they did not know something asked of them, they would gladly talk to someone, usually mechanics who did. Sadly Saturn of Woodbridge is long gone – it is now a busy Chevrolet dealership. However to my relief, they still sell Saturn parts.

In closing, let me state this is a super website with many knowledgeable folks willing to assist others in a non-selfish kind of way. Definitely “a different kind of website”!! Kudos to all of you and especially Charlie who made SaturnFans possible!!

LONG LIVE SATURNS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GregS&L's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GregS&L reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GregS&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #135
seamus1066
seamus1066 is on a distinguished road

Checkered Flag Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Well as one of the members here from Spring Hill, I want to say thanks to Charlie and all the rest of you.....Without all of you Saturn would not have made it as far as it did. Even when GM was tearing us apart, it was the vehicle Owners who kept us alive.

Of my 26 years with GM, I have to say I actually enjoyed the 20 years I spent in Spring Hill. We did things many years ago that GM is only now taking company wide. We were ahead of our time and "rubbed the wrong people the wrong way". Those of us who came to Spring Hill to build Saturn's may have paid for it in the end, but we went out with our heads held high knowing we built the best products we could.

When Spring Hill finally came to a close in Nov. of 2009, we had won the GM Chairman's Award from 2004-2009 (no other plant has even come close to 5 in a row), had the highest quality in the company the last week of build (for the Traverse, Nov. of 2009), and still had thousands of the 3 Million Saturn's we built still out on the road......Many, many of them with well over 100,000 miles on them.

Though without all of you here and many others just like you all over the US, we wouldn't have lasted a day.......

Those of us who built all those Saturn's thank all of you for support us the past 20 years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to seamus1066's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help seamus1066 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
seamus1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #136
Island_Tom
Island_Tom is on a distinguished road

Heart Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Greetings and RIDE ON!

I've been a Saturn Owner since 1992 and do expect to keep the two I have rolling as long as I can. My daily driver is a 2003 VUE and I have to say it never lets me down. To truly appreciate the quality put into these cars, one only needs to observe one on the road. See the car with the dents, one headlight out or wobbly wheel? NOT A SATURN. I've never replaced a light bulb on any Saturn I've owned. Somebody sock away a nice SKY Redline for me to buy after my kids move out, I'm sure it will run just fine.

Best,

Saturns Past: 92 SL2, 95 SL2, 95 SC2
Present: 03 Vue, 06 ION3 2.4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Island_Tom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Island_Tom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Island_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #137
lxvgto
lxvgto is on a distinguished road

Hi Charlie,
I am one of the hundreds and maybe thousands of people who may not have thanked you personally but for whom this site has been extremely useful.

I want to say thanks to you and to the many very knowledgeable and generous people who provide the technical information necessary for myself and others to do a lot of great DIY work on our cars.

My wife and I have been able to save thousands of $ and keep our '00 Saturn SL2 a fun and reliable car to drive while we have navigated career changes, going back to school (and the associated commute) and spells w/o employment over the past 4-5 years.

thanks to you all and happy new year.
Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lxvgto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lxvgto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lxvgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #138
Rift
Rift is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1

My friend once replaced the radiator in his 97 SL2, but he forgot to reconnect a hose so his coolant leaked out. He drove for about two hours before he knew about the problem. That car drove for two hours without any coolant like nothing was wrong.

Still drives fine today (with coolant).

2001 SL1 Manual at 99k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rift's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rift reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #139
Steve376
Steve376 is on a distinguished road

My poor Saturn bit the dust 2 years ago and it's just about only car I have had that I miss. It's a sad day indeed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve376's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve376 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steve376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #140
R.I.P. Saturn
R.I.P. Saturn is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.6L
2002 SL2

Thanks for the post Charlie. I joined the Saturn family back around 1999 when I purchased a used 1996 SL2 from our local Saturn dealer. My wife and I were so impressed with Saturn's sales and service dept (as well as with the car itsself) we decided to trade it in a couple years later and buy a brand new 2002 SL2. After almost 10 years and 90,000 miles this car still looks and drives like new and the only "repairs" have been routine maint. My wife fell in love with the Vue when they came out so for her birthday we bought a new 2007 V6 Vue. Have had it almost 5 years and almost 30,000 miles and no problems whatsoever either. I wanted a Sky and was prepared to buy one later this year had GM not pulled the plug on the best brand they had. Something tells me this car will become a hot collector car in the near future. I miss Saturn, our local dealership and the friendship that we had with the people who worked there. My dad always said only the good die young and Saturn was no exception.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to R.I.P. Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help R.I.P. Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
R.I.P. Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote