SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
gareth27
gareth27 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
Default new rims for a 95 sl2...possibly

hey all, my poor 95 was just side swiped by a box truck. needless to say the lug nuts on the truck did a wonderful job of shredding my bumper, fender, wheel and tire on the driver side. I also noticed one wheel was turned out just a bit more than the other, hopefully its just a bent tire rod and not a busted axle. In any event, provided that my car can be fixed, i'm considering replacing the stock rims with something a nicer. I currently have the standard wheels with those awful five-point wheel covers. I'm looking for suggestions on any type of wheel that would look good on my car. Please include the wheel size, brand, and model number for any suggestions so i can check out the recomended rims. thanks all for your input.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gareth27's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gareth27 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gareth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: new rims for a 95 sl2...possibly

Standard wheels with a 5 point wheel cover? What? Thought the nicer alloy's were standard on SL2's... lol
Pick a year S-Series in a junk yard with alloy rims & grab those... It'll look much better for less then brandy new rims. Probably $100 for the whole set. If you want lightweight rims the stock lightest ones are #3 here: http://www.evilplastic.com/wheels.htm

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
GWCSC2
GWCSC2 is on a distinguished road

If you need any body parts for 95 SL2 I have them the color is dark blue, lookup Gforce wheels found them at BMW performance sight for cost effectiveness, stay with 15" wheels. They have exact same hub and bolt pattern as a S Series. 15x7, 4x100, 57.1 hub, et25. you would be able to use a 225 50 15" tire they cost just over 100 a peice shipped to my house. I also bought Kazera from tire rack 2 years ago with the same specs, both types of wheels only weight 13lbs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GWCSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GWCSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GWCSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
gareth27

1995 SL2

Thanks for the body parts offer, but the guy that hit me was able to find the required panels fairly quick. Apparently the axle is fine, the body shop showed me a piece he called a spinter (never herd of that part before), which had the posts for the lug nuts mounted on an L-shaped bracket, then the wheel bearing assembly, then another piece which actually attaches to the axle, this piece(s) became bent from the impact and needed to be replaced.
Also i'm looking for wheels/rims other than saturn branded, like american racing or something. I'm just tryiing to get ideas for something that might look good without breaking the bank. thanks again

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gareth27 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth27 View Post
Thanks for the body parts offer, but the guy that hit me was able to find the required panels fairly quick. Apparently the axle is fine, the body shop showed me a piece he called a spinter (never herd of that part before), which had the posts for the lug nuts mounted on an L-shaped bracket, then the wheel bearing assembly, then another piece which actually attaches to the axle, this piece(s) became bent from the impact and needed to be replaced.
Also i'm looking for wheels/rims other than saturn branded, like american racing or something. I'm just tryiing to get ideas for something that might look good without breaking the bank. thanks again
Not sure where in NY you are..but this sounds right up your ally!!!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/2097844015.html

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:47 AM   #6
gareth27

1995 SL2

Thanks for the info, unfortunately that guy is 7-8 hrs drive time from where I am.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!