SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

I just bought a 2003 5-spd FWD Vue from a dealership on the weekend. Because it is a stick and I've only driven stick a few times prior, I didn't take it for a test drive before buying. When we got in to drive it home, I noticed the dash gauges weren't working, though during the drive they would come to life and then fall back to nothing it seemed with bumps.

After jiggling some wires before a stick driving lesson, all seemed well until the car alarm went off randomly when I was driving it, though I thought that maybe I had just hit the panic button on my remote with my knee which is entirely possible. After that the cluster wasn't working until we did some more wire jiggling.

However, I stalled it a few times trying to get into my parking stall and ever since, no matter the wiring jiggling, the cluster still isn't working.

Also the "Service" with the wrench sign, and the "Service Engine Soon" sign are on.

I'm going to be bringing it to my mechanic today if he can fit me in, but I just want to know if anyone else has had the same problem and what it might be and how much its going to cost to fix.. in Canadian dollars lol

Thanks!

Also, when I noticed the service signs on I told the dealership but they brushed it off and told me it could be the gas cap and that they will check it when it goes in for an inspection either today or tomorrow.. I don't trust dealerships, hence the reason I want to bring it to my mechanic. He doesn't BS me and actually tries to save me money.

Last edited by Esclavage; 11-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Adding more details

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
I just bought a 2003 5-spd FWD Vue from a dealership on the weekend. Because it is a stick and I've only driven stick a few times prior, I didn't take it for a test drive before buying. When we got in to drive it home, I noticed the dash gauges weren't working, though during the drive they would come to life and then fall back to nothing it seemed with bumps.

After jiggling some wires before a stick driving lesson, all seemed well until the car alarm went off randomly when I was driving it, though I thought that maybe I had just hit the panic button on my remote with my knee which is entirely possible. After that the cluster wasn't working until we did some more wire jiggling.

However, I stalled it a few times trying to get into my parking stall and ever since, no matter the wiring jiggling, the cluster still isn't working.

Also the "Service" with the wrench sign, and the "Service Engine Soon" sign are on.

I'm going to be bringing it to my mechanic today if he can fit me in, but I just want to know if anyone else has had the same problem and what it might be and how much its going to cost to fix.. in Canadian dollars lol

Thanks!

Also, when I noticed the service signs on I told the dealership but they brushed it off and told me it could be the gas cap and that they will check it when it goes in for an inspection either today or tomorrow.. I don't trust dealerships, hence the reason I want to bring it to my mechanic. He doesn't BS me and actually tries to save me money.
You are wise to not trust the dealer ... the issues you list are classic symptoms of a failing body control module (BCM). This device is essential for correct operation of IPC (dash), interior/exterior lighting, vehicle security, door locks, alarms, etc.

BCM replacement is not simple. It should be done by GM dealer with the proper replacement hardware and programming equipment.

I believe I recall a price of around $500 USD for repair on US east coast, and that was many months back.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Okay I have a little bit more info... I've been calling around about the BCM, but from what I've been describing, there might be some other issues that could be causing it.

We found out that there is an aftermarket remote starter installed that we haven't been able to get it to work yet.. The mechanic at the dealership mentioned that could be the issue...

Also, last night the used car manager took it for a drive to see the issue himself and weirdly enough, he drove it around without the key in the ignition! My husband had started it to warm it up for the baby and with the key in the "Run" position, he was able to remove it and the Manage drove it like that.

So, in talking to some GM mechanics.. the remote starter needs to be removed so it can be brought back to normal "factory" condition.. and then ascessed to see what issues there are from there. The used car manager is in this afternoon and wants me to call him, he is actually being a decent person and mentioned that he wants this resolved.. and I think he is going to give the sales guy some big **** for selling a vehicle without the dash working.


I will keep you guys posted as things progress.

All problems aside, I love my Vue, and my stick driving is getting better and better with each trip. lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,285

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

The key thing is simply a worn key and lock cylinder, typical of well-used cars. It requires a new lock cylinder. You'll have to get it made to the same key code so the ignition key will work the other locks. I suggest getting new keys to match at that time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
Okay I have a little bit more info... I've been calling around about the BCM, but from what I've been describing, there might be some other issues that could be causing it.

We found out that there is an aftermarket remote starter installed that we haven't been able to get it to work yet.. The mechanic at the dealership mentioned that could be the issue...

Also, last night the used car manager took it for a drive to see the issue himself and weirdly enough, he drove it around without the key in the ignition! My husband had started it to warm it up for the baby and with the key in the "Run" position, he was able to remove it and the Manage drove it like that.

So, in talking to some GM mechanics.. the remote starter needs to be removed so it can be brought back to normal "factory" condition.. and then ascessed to see what issues there are from there. The used car manager is in this afternoon and wants me to call him, he is actually being a decent person and mentioned that he wants this resolved.. and I think he is going to give the sales guy some big **** for selling a vehicle without the dash working.


I will keep you guys posted as things progress.

All problems aside, I love my Vue, and my stick driving is getting better and better with each trip. lol
Esclavage ... have they repaired your Vue? You have a very interesting story and I'd also like to learn if you're now an expert with the stick shift.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Okay... so after mentioning calling the BBB and the Alberta Motor Vehicle Association on them they asked me to bring it in yesturday for an electrical inspection. I told them to remove the remote starter if it was causing problems, but I guess their mechanic decided it was not the issue.

Basically, they disconnected the battery and everything started to work again. They took it for a few test drives and said that if it happens again within 30 days they would look at it again(I got this in writing). And on the inspection they noted that they used the scanner and found a code U1096 for no communication to the instrument cluster.. And for this their mechanic thought that the instrument cluster would need replacing. Good thing this can only be done by a GM certified mechanic because I am sure if they had they're way, thats what they would do.

Needless to say, they gave me my Vue back and on the way home from the dealership the "Service" light came on so I called them and they told me to bring it back in when I could. I told them I would bring it in in the morning after I take my husband to work, during which the instrument cluster started doing all sorts of weird things.. gas gauge and engine temp not working, then the rmps and speedomitor stopped working and vice versa.

I brought it back to the dealership, they've given me a complimentary rental where I am only paying the insurance rate on now, and my Vue is being sent to a GM Mechanic. Which makes me happy because they will be able to diagnose it properly.

So right now I'm playing the waiting game, they are trying to get it dealt with as quickly as possible, which means I don't have to ride they're asses anymore.

And my stick driving is improving... I'm still stalling on the occassional hill and squealing the tires unwillingly when going into 1st... I think I will be replacing my front tires alot sooner than any of my automatics. >_>

By the way, thanks for the advice about my lose ignition, not a big issue for me and I told them that too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

So.. The manager from the dealership just called me to say that GM pinpointed the problem and that it is the cluster.. ? I guess I have to trust that they are the experts and that is the actual problem.

He also told me that I don'teven have to worry about the insurance cost for the rental and that I can have it through the weekend until my Vue gets fixed on monday. And thankfully, he made note that the problem will be fixed completely for free! I have to admit I am very pleased with how things are going now and I will be extatic when I get my Vue back on monday with a working instrument cluster! I just hope that is the problem.

Let me know what you guys think about they're diagnosis!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #8
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
So.. The manager from the dealership just called me to say that GM pinpointed the problem and that it is the cluster.. ? I guess I have to trust that they are the experts and that is the actual problem.

He also told me that I don'teven have to worry about the insurance cost for the rental and that I can have it through the weekend until my Vue gets fixed on monday. And thankfully, he made note that the problem will be fixed completely for free! I have to admit I am very pleased with how things are going now and I will be extatic when I get my Vue back on monday with a working instrument cluster! I just hope that is the problem.

Let me know what you guys think about they're diagnosis!
You shook them up pretty good and it appears they're trying to please you.

Does the loaner have a manual transmission?

Would be nice to practice using a clutch on their equipment.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Yay!! Update Time!!

So... We were suppose to get our Vue back on monday.. But it ended up taking a bit longer to get the new dash cluster installed.. So we arranged for them to deliver it to me today by noon.. and Nothing.. It's 1:30pm now and I called them.

Apparently they were taking it to me when the "Service" light came on and it started malfunctioning again.. so they brought it back to they're GM Mechanic.. and he said its just getting used to the new equipment and wiped the code. Apparently its fixed for good now (According to them), and they will deliver it to me in an hour.

I call Bull ****. I called and asked for the mechanic that they sent it to. I want to talk to him/her myself and find out what they say. I get this sneaking suspicion that they brought it to GM and told them to just replace the dash and not inspect what the problem really is.

I have a question for you mechanics, is it really that hard to pinpoint when a BCM is failing? Are they barking up the wrong tree with the dash cluster? or could they actually be on the right track?

And no, our rental is an automatic PT Cruiser.. so no practicing at they're expense. I'm going to write up a complaint with AMVIC. This is all just one big pain in the ass. Considering we bought it on Nov. 27th and it's Dec. 9th and I'm not driving my new SUV. >_<

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

So.. I found out the mechanics the dealership sent my Vue to are not GM Certified, and they sent them there because they do the work for cheaper rates.

I am very upset because I spefically asked my sales guy if they were GM certified and he said yes. I called him on this and he told me he did not appreciate being called a lair.

So.. Unforturnately I'm being forced to return the rental and the Vue and get my old Taurus Wagon back if they still have it.

This whole ordeal is weighing on me so much. I'm filing a report with AMVIC and the BBB. I'm also very tempted to get into contact with the Edmonton Global Trouble shooter, and maybe even a laywer, depending on what one says.

I called my sales guy a lair, because that is what he did. He lied.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
So.. I found out the mechanics the dealership sent my Vue to are not GM Certified, and they sent them there because they do the work for cheaper rates.I am very upset because I spefically asked my sales guy if they were GM certified and he said yes. I called him on this and he told me he did not appreciate being called a lair.

So.. Unforturnately I'm being forced to return the rental and the Vue and get my old Taurus Wagon back if they still have it.

This whole ordeal is weighing on me so much. I'm filing a report with AMVIC and the BBB. I'm also very tempted to get into contact with the Edmonton Global Trouble shooter, and maybe even a laywer, depending on what one says.

I called my sales guy a lair, because that is what he did. He lied.
Is it possible dealer management does not know how you were treated?

The sales force lied to you so try calling the boss and tell your story. It won't hurt a thing. If the boss brushes you off you'll feel free to publicize their actions.

It appears they knowingly sold you defective merchandise ... and then after you didn't quietly go away, made a half-hearted attempt at repair. Once repair cost exceeded the limit they decided to cut you loose.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

I have talked to the General Sales Manager and he's the one who sent it to this mechanic shop.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #13
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
I have talked to the General Sales Manager and he's the one who sent it to this mechanic shop.
Actually I was thinking of the dealership owner ... I was getting run around from sales and service folks for a local new car dealer regarding repair of a used car. I had nothing to lose and called and asked for the owner. He called back later in day, I explained the problem, and his troops treated me like royalty.

To be honest, it's also true the vehicle in question was the fifth - both new and used - I'd purchased from those folks through the years.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #14
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

I will for sure get into contact with the President of the company.. or at least try.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

So.. The president of the company is unavailible until at least thursday or so I've been told. The manager is basically saying take back my Taurus and money or behappy that they've done this much to help me and take the Saturn after it is fixed by these forgien mechanics.

I tried aksing if they would cover the cost for me to take it to GM and get it checked after the fix is done to verify that the job is done properly, and he told me I would have to pay for that myself.

As of yet, the AMVIC person has not contacted me back about the whole thing.

I don't know if we should just get our money back and go elsewhere or if we should accept what has transpired and just take the Saturn.

They say that I have made a mountain out of a mole hill and stand by they're decisions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,722
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclavage View Post
So.. The president of the company is unavailible until at least thursday or so I've been told. The manager is basically saying take back my Taurus and money or behappy that they've done this much to help me and take the Saturn after it is fixed by these forgien mechanics.

I tried aksing if they would cover the cost for me to take it to GM and get it checked after the fix is done to verify that the job is done properly, and he told me I would have to pay for that myself.

As of yet, the AMVIC person has not contacted me back about the whole thing.

I don't know if we should just get our money back and go elsewhere or if we should accept what has transpired and just take the Saturn.

They say that I have made a mountain out of a mole hill and stand by they're decisions.
This is a bad situation for you to be in. You must weigh the condition of trade-in and compare to status of Saturn when next presented to you. I don't envy the choice you'll need to make.

Buying a new car (to you) should not be so stressful.

...
"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

The Taurus has a false odometer, and needs a new tranny at $2500, and front end work for about $800..

the Saturn is mechanically sound aside from the BCM.. but is a standard..

And Amvic lady just called me so we will see where this goes. *crosses fingers*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
Esclavage
Junior Member
Esclavage is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

And it takes up to a month for an investigation. yay me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Esclavage's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Esclavage reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Esclavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about
 
OhioVueBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: N. Bethesda, Maryland (DC) (Dayton Ohio Native)
Posts: 9,304
 

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

This is most definitely a faulty BCM though, from what you are describing.

Do a search on here and spend a few minutes poking around - wrench light, cluster malfunctioning, the horn honking/alarm going off, codes for communication loss - they are all classic symptoms of a BCM dying.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it. I will say this, as a former dealership employee. Not that it matters now that Saturn dealers are all closed, and this is not a jab at independent shops - but there is no substitute for taking your car to people who see the same model day in and day out. The money you may have to pay extra to a dealer may be less than what you have to pay a smaller shop to throw parts at an unfamiliar problem, whereas the dealer may have seen 5 or 6 cars doing the same thing that week and know exactly what to replace.

...
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #20
Trilo_g
Member
Trilo_g is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Port Orchard WA
Posts: 53

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: 2003 Vue dash clusters not working!?!

So you have a couple of choices-

Walk away from this Saturn and find another you like as well.

Let the dealership fix the Saturn- but they'll do it where they can get it done for as low a cost as possible. I expect that a used cluster will be used if that is truly the problem.

Take back the Taurus and start looking again.

I lean toward walking away from the Saturn. There is an electrical Gremlin of some kind, there is an aftermarket remote start system that is not working, and your experience with this car is not getting off to a good start.

I am concerned that you have traded in a car with problems for another one with problems. There are lots of used cars out there, so go looking for one.

On another note- there is a lesson here (for all of us). Always take a car for a test drive. Even if you're not good with a stick, have the salesman drive the car and you can get a sense of how it rides or behaves and what works or doesn't on it. My guess is that the dash issues would have cropped up during the drive, and the dealer would have either comitted to fixing it on the original contract, or you would have walked away from the car at that point.

Good luck!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Trilo_g's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Trilo_g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Trilo_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
96 SC1 - Interior Dash Lights not working crkrjak625 S-Series Tech 4 07-22-2014 06:25 PM
Engine running but some dash intsruments not working pdough Vue Tech 1 07-06-2007 02:58 PM
Vue 2003 Keyfobs not working robroy_1 Vue Tech 1 07-07-2006 12:22 AM
dash instruments not working dave.sl S-Series General 1 01-26-2005 09:46 PM
Dash Lights (Instrument Panel) Not working cmswq3 S-Series Tech 5 04-22-2003 10:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.