SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Major_Tom
Major_Tom is on a distinguished road

Default Please help me locate some areas in my car...

Went to install the remote starter in my wifes car today, but ran into a roadblock. To disable the factory alarm, I need a relay and 2 diodes, not something I can source on a holiday.

But, I am hoping someone can help me out before I tear into this and run into trouble.

Its a 98 Saturn SL2.

Where is the Factory alarm module located?

The directions say it is "Behind the panel next to the drivers rear seat on both the sedan and coupe." Which panel is this referring to? I couldn't located it.

Here is a screenshot of the directions I got from the company who makes the alarm (Crimestopper).

I'm going to order a relay, the diodes, some wire, and a project box from Mouser or digikey todya to put this in. I don't like doing half assing things, and don't want this kind of stuff flopping around in the car.

So, where exactly is this module? And, when the picture refers to "ignition" does this mean the ignition on wire, like that would run to a stereo?

And, Where is the best place to get to the...
Ignition Harness
Drivers Kickpanel (what the heck is a kickpanel?)

I also need to run a wire to the ignition coil for the tach signal. Is there an easier way to get this?

I plan on soldering and shrink tubing everything after I tap into it, just to be safe. I plan on keeping this car for a while, and I don't want to have problems later on from a bad install.

Last edited by Major_Tom; 11-11-2010 at 10:12 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Major_Tom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Major_Tom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Major_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Please help me locate some areas in my car...

Does this help?
Attached Images
File Type: gif RKE.gif (24.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Tif.jpg (162.0 KB, 16 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Wolfman's RKE/alarm reprogram thingy in the How-To doesn't do what's required?

Passenger rear seat on '97 coupes. That plastic panel below the window. Fold down the seat-back, pull the evil plastic pins out and pull the panel forward, reach in & pull the module off the Velcro.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
Major_Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Does this help?
Somewhat.

I really can't make sense of where that first picture is located.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Major_Tom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:54 AM   #5
Major_Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
Wolfman's RKE/alarm reprogram thingy in the How-To doesn't do what's required?

Passenger rear seat on '97 coupes. That plastic panel below the window. Fold down the seat-back, pull the evil plastic pins out and pull the panel forward, reach in & pull the module off the Velcro.
Thanks! They put the wrong side on the information. That makes me nervous that the rest of the information may not be right...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The slope of the door frame suggests right rear as the 2nd picture displays the RKE in the right rear section next to the non-existent arm rest area.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Here is a video on removing the components you need to get to the RKE module.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLf1cTmL1Wc

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to richpin06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help richpin06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote