SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
lgates3522
lgates3522 is on a distinguished road

Default 2002 Saturn Vue ECM location

I can't get a book from my area and I can't find it. Could someone give me a ruff idea of where it might be.

Getting Codes:

P1779 and P0700

Did some research and it says that either the connection is messed up or the ECM itself needs to be replaced.

Thanks,

Larry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgates3522's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgates3522 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgates3522 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
bern
bern will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: 2002 Saturn Vue ECM location

The ECM is located on the back end of the left head (near radiator) But you should inspect the connector inside behind the left kick pannel

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
baisley
baisley is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
2003 VUE 3.0L

Hey.. if you do need an ECM, I can recommend Auto Network, INc in Fairmont Indiana. They are on car-parts.com. I have purchased a few computers from them as well as other parts. They are the cheapest on the site as well. Guesstimate around 35.00 plus shipping for the ECM

BEFORE you purchase, look at the connector on the ECM.. if there is any corrosion, got to Radio Shack and get some "deoxit" it's pricy but, the hands down best oxidization remover for electical connectors. I used it on a few problem connectors on my project 03 vue with great sucsess.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to baisley's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help baisley reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
baisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
fast5thgen
fast5thgen is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Question Re: 2002 Saturn Vue ECM location

Quote:
Originally Posted by baisley View Post
Hey.. if you do need an ECM, I can recommend Auto Network, INc in Fairmont Indiana. They are on car-parts.com. I have purchased a few computers from them as well as other parts. They are the cheapest on the site as well. Guesstimate around 35.00 plus shipping for the ECM

BEFORE you purchase, look at the connector on the ECM.. if there is any corrosion, got to Radio Shack and get some "deoxit" it's pricy but, the hands down best oxidization remover for electical connectors. I used it on a few problem connectors on my project 03 vue with great sucsess.
Not trying to thread jack but I recently had the ecm start to go bad on the 03 vue that we have and after reading this I got a used ecm from Auto Network in Fairmount, it happens to be only an hour or or so from me, and I swapped them out but the Vue won't start with the new ecm and the security light stays on. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I put the old one back in and the vue starts and runs, crappy, but it runs. Any ideas??

thanks for the help
Jason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fast5thgen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fast5thgen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fast5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

That's because ecm's and bcm's are not exactly plug n' play. For any replacement (ecm, bcm) to work there's a procedure described as a relearn as part of the security process requiring three 10-minute ignition ON cycles where the fourth ignition on cycle should allow a normal start. Search for the procedure. Its relatively easy to perform. Once the replacement ecm is learned (recognized in the system) the original one is now the outcast and cannot be used unless another relearn cycle is performed for the original one.

Perhaps you should post a separate thread and describe why you feel a replacement ecm was needed.

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
fast5thgen
fast5thgen is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

^ thanks for the info, and I will

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fast5thgen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fast5thgen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fast5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote