SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Matthewstamp22
Matthewstamp22 is on a distinguished road

Attention 1996 Saturn SC2 Coupe

i have a 1996 Saturn SC2 Coupe and i need to find where the horn is please help where is the horn located on this model i cant find it!! i have looked and looked please help!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Matthewstamp22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Matthewstamp22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Matthewstamp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: 1996 Saturn SC2 Coupe

IIRC; I *think* the horn is under the hood latch in the front. Either there or it's up and behind the driver's side headlight.

Kind of drawing a blank, but check one of these two locations.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Matthewstamp22

Attention Re: 1996 Saturn SC2 Coupe

i have checked them both it has the flip headlights so im not sure it that changes thing please anyhelp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Matthewstamp22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

You have to remove the plastic fender liner to get access to it. Its under the drivers side headlight and behind the metal bumper support bolted to the framerail.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
Matthewstamp22

well i am stupied and couldnt find it so i brought it to the garage and they came back out and said your not stupied there is no horn in the car it fell out or some one took it out

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Mine was bolted to an added on strip of metal bolted to the strut tower with power being taken from the stock harness run through an added on switch. I've been told these have a 3 wire horn, can't find the switched wire to put a stock horn back in. I did move the horn forward to just below the air intake horn, makes the hack less noticeable at least.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
boboman
boboman is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Happy Re: 1996 Saturn SC2 Coupe

I sure hope that a mechanic would be able to spot even an aftermarket/hacked horn, either way its about 15-20$ part and a decently simple install job if you have the time space and tools. (I am assuming you started this post because the horn doesn't work(aka doesn't exist))

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boboman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boboman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

on my 2001 sc2 the horn is right under the driver's side headlight. easy to get at just remove your headlight. yours is probably the same..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsctwo View Post
easy to get at just remove your headlight. yours is probably the same..
Its not. Removing the pop up headlight assembly on a first gen coupe isn't as easy as a second or thrid gen.

Besides, removing the headlamp requires some of the same steps needed to gain access to the horn.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Its not. Removing the pop up headlight assembly on a first gen coupe isn't as easy as a second or thrid gen.

Besides, removing the headlamp requires some of the same steps needed to gain access to the horn.
oh i didn't know his car had those headlights. mine is also accessible underneath... i would just drive the car on ramps to get at it....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
Low Saturn

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewstamp22 View Post
well i am stupied and couldnt find it so i brought it to the garage and they came back out and said your not stupied there is no horn in the car it fell out or some one took it out
Did the person at the garage fully remove the fender liner and stick their head up inside the wheel well? If not, its not suprising that they didnt find the horn.

If you remove the fender liner, remove the parking light then look through the opening where the parking light was with a flashlight, thats where it will be.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!