SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #21
heimann
heimann is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Where have you gone in your VUE?

2 months ago I bought my Saturn Vue Hybrid in Nevada, Boulder City and we live in Alaska, Anchorage. So u guys can figure out rest

That was a good and long journey the best I got almost 500 miles with the same tank over Yukon territory

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to heimann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help heimann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
heimann is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
04Pacific
04Pacific is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

In December of 2008 we went from Reading to Pittsburgh to Greenville and back. It was just shy of 900 miles and I averaged 28.6 mpg combined. I would say the trip was 80% highway so imagine if it was ALL highway. Wow!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Pacific's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Pacific reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #23
Audionerd
Audionerd is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
1996 SL1

When I bought my VUE, I knew i was going to use it for traveling. Since then...

While living in Phoenix:
All over the state of AZ, Northern AZ is beautiful.
Southern Cali
Southern N.M.
2 - 3 times a year going from Phoenix to El Paso and back (visiting family), we did this for 4 years.

Then we moved to Atlanta, Ga and drove both Saturn across N.M., TX, LA, MS, AL and finally GA.

While in Atlanta
Southern GA
Tennessee
Florida
and at least once a year we go from Atlanta to El Paso and back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Audionerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Audionerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Audionerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #24
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

This summer I drove my Vue from VA to NH and drove it up Mount Washington. It took me 50 minutes to ascend that mountain. Travis Pastrana came along 3 weeks later and did it in a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti in 6 minutes and 20 seconds, setting a new record. I was impressed and a bit jealous

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #25
Rand0m0sityxX
Rand0m0sityxX is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Before me My saturn SL2 went from Lafayette, LA where she was sold to Haughton,La

I haven't gone anywhere in her that's not in this area, so from Haughton, La to Minden, La (about a 45 min drive) and from Haughton, LA to Shreveport, La (about an hour)

She gets around Bossier City alot, as I drive her 8 hours a day, putting 3,000 miles on her a month. Been very good since I bought her in Feb!

1999 Saturn SL2- Maria- 134,000

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rand0m0sityxX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rand0m0sityxX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rand0m0sityxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
Fishnuts2
Fishnuts2 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I have gone the equivalent of around the world 12 times in my 03 VUE.
It was traded last week with 298,480 miles on its odometer. A faithful, reliable, friend.
I bought an '05 w/ same color and most don't even notice that I have a different car after 7 years. sniff....
We'll see how this one pans out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fishnuts2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fishnuts2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fishnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #27
strikers
strikers is on a distinguished road

Although I may only have just pegged 100K, my 2005 saturn Vue has seen it's share of travel in seemingly unexpected places. Places where Jeeps and Toyotas look with a confused bewildered smirk.

No Chains, All terrain 30 inch Terra Grapplers. Made for some great out back snow fun. We went deeper, lots deeper. But the trans started to smell and reverse wore out even with the trans cooler. Trans still runs fine 20K miles later. I think it just got hot.

DSCF0032 by johnshanearnold, on Flickr

This was on the same trip before we made our way to some snow. The vue was not stuck, it was just a cool angle, so I took a picture. I broke my front sway bar on this trip. I had 6 passengers, too much weight at max flex.

This was on the same trip as well, we were just scouting at the edge of a mountain top, seeing where to go.

This was at Pismo CA state Dunes. I was pulling a 12 foot enclosed trailer with 2 dirtbikes and a quad through the sandy sand with STOCK BRIDGESTONES! After I got the All Terrain Nitto Terra Graplers, the traction in every surface increased tremendously. I was running on very low PSI to get through the sand, but the VUE did it, and people were shocked!

IMG_5128 by johnshanearnold, on Flickr

Here is a picture in Yosemite National Park, Half Dome is seen in the background. I am fortunate to live only 1 hour from these beatiful mountains, and 2.5 hours from the Pismo state Dunes and ocean.

IMG00138-20100629-1508 by johnshanearnold, on Flickr

This is my Vue getting a tow. I had just got the brand new all terrains, I was hauling ass up competition hill, and I hit a big ass dip and it launch me right into another dip. Completely destroying my radiator and bottoming me out. I have yet to conquer that hill with my VUE, besides many true 4x4 can not make it up. But I was I swear, if only I had driven on the correct line.

resource by johnshanearnold, on Flickr

And that is where me and my Vue have gone. Thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to strikers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help strikers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
strikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #28
steve69
steve69 is on a distinguished road

Vancouver to Cabo. That was a great road trip, yet to top that (10,000km total for the trip). One month of surfing was awesome. Vancouver to LA. Vancouver to Las Vegas.

I once set cruz control at 100mph for 2 hrs. Dumb now but cool then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steve69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steve69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steve69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
strikers
strikers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve69 View Post
Vancouver to Cabo. That was a great road trip, yet to top that (10,000km total for the trip). One month of surfing was awesome. Vancouver to LA. Vancouver to Las Vegas.

I once set cruz control at 100mph for 2 hrs. Dumb now but cool then.
That is great, 100 MPH for 2 hours sounds like fun!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to strikers's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help strikers reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
strikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #30
mickster
mickster is on a distinguished road

To the local Chevy dealer last March to drop off my 2008 VUE XR AWD as part of my Lemon Law settlement with General Motors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mickster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mickster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #31
RussellClb
RussellClb is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

From Des Moines, IA ...Bought our Vue Redline brand new in 2005 and since ...

We have been to Mt. Rushmore 3 times now I believe ...
(driving through S.Dakota on I.90 blows chunks... )

Almost 4yrs ago now, when my wife was pregnant with our daughter [now 3], starting memorial weekend and continuing through the week, drove to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn, Las Vegas .... and back .. approx 4200+ miles I think but don't quote me on that.

Hired a Suburban 2 summers ago and drove to Seattle from Iowa ...approx 4800+ miles ... with the wife (pregnant again with our son), our daughter, my father, and my father-in-law. (ever want a painful road-trip? try taking 2 dad's who don't see eye to eye on most things on that length of a trip!!)

Wife isn't pregnant again {f*n better not be} so since we've been running back and forth to Nebraska, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri on short hops...

Last edited by RussellClb; 04-13-2011 at 05:59 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RussellClb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RussellClb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RussellClb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #32
wlhawk
Advanced Member
wlhawk is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2004 VUE 3.5L

My 2003 has been from Tn to Cape Cod, FL Keys, TX. A few trips on Tail of the Dragon while visiting Spring Hill.

Wife's 2004 has been Tn to SC, GA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wlhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wlhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wlhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #33
poliman
poliman is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Dizzy Re: Where have you gone in your VUE?

I took a last minute drive from Philly to New Orleans. We were going to fly but the weather was calling for close to 2 feet of snow.....and they were right. Myself, my girfriend and my friend Evan left at 6pm in my 04 Saturn Vue Redline and by 6:30 it was a blizzard. We made to West Virginia but had to stop for 5 hours because we couldn't see. We got back on the road and drove to Missippi where we spent the night and drove into New Orleans on time for our reservations the next afternoon. The other 3 people who opted to fly ended in New Orleans 2 days later. It was an amazing adventure and I look forward to doing it again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to poliman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help poliman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
poliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #34
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by poliman View Post
It was an amazing adventure and I look forward to doing it again.
Amazing adventure? New Orleans, or your drive through the blizzard?

My poor VUE has only been to Mississippi once in 2006 when we evacuated because of a hurricane...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #35
transformervue
transformervue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.4L

I've taken mine everywhere! From the beach, to the backwoods and some minor offroading. Due for a vacation to Massachusetts next week!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to transformervue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help transformervue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
transformervue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #36
homestar92
homestar92 is on a distinguished road

I'm a roller coaster enthusiast, and I travel to a lot of amusement parks. My Vue has taken me to parks all over the United States, plus one in Canada. In fact, every amusement park I've gone to but one was driven to in the Vue.

The remaining one was driven to in my Sky, of course!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homestar92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homestar92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homestar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #37
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers View Post
Although I may only have just pegged 100K,But the trans started to smell and reverse wore out even with the trans cooler. Trans still runs fine 20K miles later. I think it just got hot.
Thoughts?
I hope you change all the trans fluids(front and rear) in your AWD every 20K miles or so. Expensive to fix- much cheaper to maintain.

Timng belt is due.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #38
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the rough

I've taken my VUE from, Clearwater, FL to Disney more than a dozen times, to Miami a few times but never off road, I'm not sure my 2 wheel drive 5 speed could handle it.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #39
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalFocus View Post
I've taken my VUE from, Clearwater, FL to ... but never off road, I'm not sure my 2 wheel drive 5 speed could handle it.
FWD Vue handles better than most pickups going up a dirt road.

Our Vue has been back and forth to Yavapai cnty , AZ to visit some land about 6 miles off of pavement. THe dirt roads are graded twice a year but can get a little sketchy in between... Mostly DG, but the monsoons turn it in to gumbo in spots.

Our "driveway" to the top has a steep grade at the bottom that had a couple 2wd p/u's beaten. Even with a good run at it, all forward motion would stop as wheel hop took over. But the Vue makes it up easy with just a little forward momentum. Have some Z-chains if it ever got slick there.

Back on point, up to MOno cnty,CA to June Lake, Rock Creek, Mammoth Lakes and points south down to SAn DIego cnty ( all over )

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #40
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

...I've gone from Roch. NY to Clearwater, Florida, many times to Portsmouth NH. [ Sub base ] ,winter and summer mos. ,N. Carolina also, in my 06 AWD RL, DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote