SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Happy Clapsaddle Family buys Saturn Number 25

It's official! My wife today took delivery of a 2003 ION-3.

It is white with the GREY rails (not the silver that comes from the factory). IMO, it looks better with the GREY, than the Silver.

The only options she bought were; ABS/TC, the Travel Package and Floor Mats. We also had a stripe added.

Our Retailer has changed some of the rails and put the SILVER on the dark color IONs and the GREY on the light color IONs.

Again IMO, the change makes them look better.

As in the header, this purchase was our family's 25th Saturn purchase, since 1994.

Was really hoping Saturn would have acknowledged this event but they may have not been aware of it.

On the positive side, she will be getting rid of the worse Saturn that we have owned (2000 LW1), though it has been running great the last 4 months. She was almost at the end of her lease and the local perks made buying a new car, too hard to pass up.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2003, 08:42 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations

I think that you guys need to get some shares in Saturn or GM or something. Your family owns enough Saturns to do your own homecoming celebration.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your new purchase

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

congrats on the 25th

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:14 PM   #5
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

25 Saturns in 10 years...wow!
Guess you have a big family....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Wow! Congratulations!

You should be featured prominently in some sort of Saturn advertising or on their website...if Saturn is all about people and the buying experience, your family is a success story that the public should know about!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2003, 08:26 AM   #7
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Watch out...... 22 more and I'll be on my 25th Saturn too..... lol!

Congratulations!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #8
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

Congratulations! I hope she lets you drive it too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #9
txaginid
txaginid is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Guess that makes me way below average....

One Saturn for the past 11 yrs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to txaginid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help txaginid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:36 AM   #10
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Cool

ssicarman,

When you believe in something you don't desert it, when it changes SOME things you don't like.

We currently have 10 Saturns in the family, from 1998 to 2003 models. ALL of our current Saturns are from Spring Hill.

I am hoping, but because of work schedules can't count on it, to get my family to visit Spring Hill, at the sme time this year. Also one family member does not drive Freeways. So he would have to leave NOW for a Summer get together. :o:

If the 2000 LW1 had been our first Saturn, it probably would have been our last. BUT ALL the other Saturns have met or exceeded what we expected, from a car and a car company.

My family members who live in the Detroit Mich. area, who have bought Saturns would NEVER consider a foreign car. BUT GM/Ford and Chrysler's products left them wanting. The list the times that the Saturn Retailer in Michigan, has stepped up to the plate and solved things for them over the years would take up quite a bit of bandwidth.

Most of my family who have Saturns, bought them BEFORE I started working at a Saturn Retailer.

I did receive an E-Mail saying that the HUGE discounts, is why my family is buying Saturns. Some of my family do get supplier discounts because of their jobs in Michigan.

The last three who bought, two of my brothers and my wife paid the SAME price for their car, that ANYONE off the street would have. OTOH, I as an employee of my Retailer, did get a supplier discount, when I bought my VUE last March. This was about a 4 percent discount.

SORRY to ramble on my reply to you, I am just a little irked over that "unknown" E-Mail that I received.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:38 AM   #11
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

XtremeGrandAm,

Thanks!

I am proud to state that we have had 25 Saturns.

Wonder how many before we get the FREE one

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:42 AM   #12
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

txaginid,

By NO means are you below average. YOU deserve a big congradulations!! Your Saturn has lasted over a decade.

I just like to chagne vehicles, until I find the one that suits me. My former 1998 modified SL2 is still here. I moved to a VUE as my daily ride to have a Saturn that can do things that my SL2 can't (carry stuff)

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:43 AM   #13
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

swoker183,

Thanks!

Maybe Saturn will name one after me !!

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:47 AM   #14
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Happy

Qlara,

ROTFLMAO!

Yes I do have a huge family. 6 brothers, two sisters, two children and a wife.

I have NEVER included in our total, Saturns bought by in-laws; cousins, etc. One of my sister-in-laws, is now on her third Saturn. One was totaled and she bought another immediately.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:51 AM   #15
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Thumbs Up

YELO_SC2,

At one time, I was approached about writing my experiences with Saturn.

What many do not know, it was my son who convienced me to look at Saturn. I had given up on what "I" considered bad cars that the then Big three were making. I was driving Toyotas and my "then" plans, were to stick with them.

My first Saturn purchase was to "prove" to my son, that Saturns were just like the "other" cars that we had bought from the BIG three. Guess I lost that one!

Al

Last edited by ClapDaddy; 02-02-2003 at 11:58 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #16
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Galileo,

LOL!

If I just counted the Saturns that were for MY use, the number would be 4. 1994 SL2, 1996 SL2, 1998 SL2 and 2002 VUE.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 11:57 AM   #17
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

John8,

Thanks!

She knows that I really like the way the ION moves and handles. I have already been told that it is HER car and I am not allowed to touch it.

Oh well, when she is sleeping, I can sneak out to the garage and sit behind the wheel.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2003, 01:26 PM   #18
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by SPRT VUE

SORRY to ramble on my reply to you, I am just a little irked over that "unknown" E-Mail that I received.

Al
NO problem, besides a ramble goes on for 2-3 pages doesn't it? I think that I missed something somewhere though (or my memory is gone) (or my memory is gone). What e-mail?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #19
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Congradulations!!

you would think that saturn would offer a repeat buyer discount for people like you. it would be good PR.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #20
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

you should get a volume discount for having 2 dozen of them.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread