SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
custardspie
custardspie is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2
Dizzy Looking for a ECU/PTC 1994 SC2

This is my original thread.
(1994 SC2 Relay auto trans/cool fan. car dont drive)
The Shop has tested all grounds, the trans shift sensors, all is good. Now they have be waiting for some junk yard for 3 days to locate and drive the new Computer to the shop. My car has been there for 4 days and now they say maybe tues next week. I'm gonna loose my job, due to no transpertation. Anyone know where I score an ecm/ecu/ptc with numbers 210222768 service # 21022423 for my 1994 saturn SC2. I love this car and dont want to junk it.

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to custardspie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help custardspie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
custardspie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Looking for a ECU/PTC 1994 SC2

I seriously doubt your cars problems are due to a faulty PCM. I looked at your other post and it soulds like an electrical or sensor problem.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
custardspie

1994 SC2

I told the shop the same thing. The said they check all grounds,wiring, and the trans solenoids. The computer shows an error with these 2,3,4th trans solenoids but they checked them and they were fine. so they tracked this back to the PCM and are going to try to replace the old one and hope it works. If your right I've got some bigger problem since they said they check all of this out. This is a very good shop with a lot of experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help custardspie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardspie View Post
I told the shop the same thing. The said they check all grounds,wiring, and the trans solenoids. The computer shows an error with these 2,3,4th trans solenoids but they checked them and they were fine. so they tracked this back to the PCM and are going to try to replace the old one and hope it works. If your right I've got some bigger problem since they said they check all of this out. This is a very good shop with a lot of experience.
Charging system problems can cause solenoid issues to be seen by the PCM. Testing the solenoids wont show much, because proper voltages from the test equipment will show proper results.

Did they check from proper amperage as well as voltage from the alternator? Even if it puts out the correct 14.4 volts, if its isnt putting out enough current, it cant power all the electronics. And the transmission valvebody requires a fair amount of current to operate properly. The first signs of alternator failure on these cars is a wacky acting transmission if its equipped with an automatic. If allowed to continue, you'll not only get the tranny acting weird, but the engine will start to cut out when the brakes are applied.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
custardspie

1994 SC2

Ok you were right about the PCM. The used one they put in changed nothing. I told them that I could get my car to drive fine on the hwy after removing the power from the Junction box (relay fuse center). After exiting the off ramp my car would bog down with no power and I think its stuck in 4th gear. The shop just said that we should check out the tranny. I read on other threads that others have had this same problem spent much money to replace all these things for it to be a ground issue. I just told them about the Alternator being a possible issue. Do you know what the amp specs are for the alternator? it sound like everything read through their tests the way you said. If all this is due to a bad alt I'll be happy but also pissed. Its something that I could have taken out of my car to autozone and had tested. Replaced for half of what I'm being charged to be told my car dont work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
custardspie

1994 SC2
Wrench Re: Looking for a ECU/PTC 1994 SC2

Ok today the shop checked the alternator. It's putting out 14.4 volts and 90+ amps. They said this is good. On a test drive the car got stuck in reverse. They had to manually place it into drive and then it was still stuck in 4th. They are going to send it to the transmission shop to check out the internal workings of the trans. Does anyone one else have any suggestions before monday that might help me out it would be great.

PCM = Good
All Grounds = Good
Alternator = Good
Trans solenoids = Good
relay/fuse center (Junction box) = Good

I don't know what this is but my car still wont drive right

WHATS NEXT?
MACMAC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Low Saturn

2008 AURA XE

There could be issues with the transmission valvebody. Thats a known thing with these cars that have automatics. But its usually not a sudden thing. Its something that starts as an annoyance and gets worse over time.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

Valve body.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote