SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
djcro
djcro is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2
Default Emis fuse blowing

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and hoping someone might have a suggestion as to why my Emis (I assume Emissions) fuse keeps blowing after I turn on the car and let it idle for about a minute.

I have a 2000 Saturn SW-2 DOHC wagon (original owner).

I have the following error codes that keep showing up:

P0037 HO2S heater control circuit low bank 1 sensor 2
P0138 O2 circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2
P0410 secondary air injection system

Then it starts repeating - P0037 x2, P0138 x2

O2 sensors (up and downstream) and 2ndary air intake check valve replaced so far, but it sure looks like an electrical issue somewhere in the Emissions circuit. I purchased a Haynes and Chilton Saturn manual and neither have a wiring diagram for the Emissions circuit.

With secondary pump unplugged I only get a P0037 error.

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Many Thanks,
-djcro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djcro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djcro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djcro is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: Emis fuse blowing

On the rear O2 sensor. Unplug it and place a plastic bag over both the sensor cable plug and the connector on the cradle rail to keep them clean. Reset your codes and see what happens. If the p0037 and the p0138 come back then the +12v heater is shorted to the O2 sensor sensing element wire in the harness between the plug on the cradle and the PCM. I suspect something or someone has crushed the wiring harness. You have one branch that goes down to the Rear O2 sensor plug and another branch that goes to the air injection solenoid. Follow both out till they come into a common harness and start from there. Look first as usually crushed is obvious. Schematic will not do a lot of good with this.

With the fuse blowing you definitely have a hard short to ground.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
djcro

2000 SW2

Old Nuc, thanks for the quick reply! I am very glad I joined this forum. I will definitely try what you suggested and appreciate the time and effort you took in helping me...an average dude with a Saturn... Thanks again!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help djcro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
djcro

2000 SW2

I just told my mechanic friend about what you suggested. He asked for an ECU pin out...can anyone help with that please?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

You have PM...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
djcro

2000 SW2

No more error codes!

So we took out the harness...traced the wires, ohmed them out...all looked good. We then dejectedly put the harness back in and started the car back up. Lo and behold, there were no more error codes; no more check engine lights.

I'm a happy person, but perplexed nevertheless.

OldNuc, thanks again for all of your help and support!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!