SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
youknowme
youknowme is on a distinguished road

Happy Two-Mode Hybrid Saturn VUE live on the street in Southfield Michigan

Ive been in Detroit for business the last few days, and yesterday coming back to my hotel in Southfield- driving up Telegraph road I noticed something odd about the bright blue VUE ahead of me... it had dual exhausts AND a Hybrid Badge, AND ABOVE the H/X shaped Hybrid Badge was a bar with two circles at either end(if memory serves) that read "TWO MODE". I never thought I'd ever see one of these, since the project was essentially still born with the death of Saturn, but there it was! He turned off on a side street at 12Mile, and that was the last I seen of it.

Wish my camera wasn't sitting back at home! In my defense, its detroit, there's usually nothing worth looking at here, and taking pictures in some areas will get you shot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youknowme's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youknowme reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
newbievueowner
newbievueowner will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Two-Mode Hybrid Saturn VUE live on the street in Southfield Michigan

Are you sure it's the 2 mode and not just a Hybrid Vue? I was in Vancouver Canada on the weekend wrapping up my vacation and saw the new design Saturn Vue Hybrid in the parking lot at the grocery store. Don't know at all if it was a '2 mode' or not.

Saturn Vue: The 250 HP tupperware

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to newbievueowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help newbievueowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
newbievueowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Two-Mode Hybrid Saturn VUE live on the street in Southfield Michigan

You can buy "2 mode Hybrid" emblems off ebay.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
youknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
You can buy "2 mode Hybrid" emblems off ebay.
Why would do so with MFR plates?

I'm sure it was legit. It had twin pipes, AND BOTH badges. I wasn't implying it was a privately owned vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help youknowme reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
youknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbievueowner View Post
Are you sure it's the 2 mode and not just a Hybrid Vue? I was in Vancouver Canada on the weekend wrapping up my vacation and saw the new design Saturn Vue Hybrid in the parking lot at the grocery store. Don't know at all if it was a '2 mode' or not.
The normal hybrid (BAS system) has a single exhaust pipe, and the normal H/X hybrid Badge

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

Were there badges on the lower section of the doors? I have a pic in my photos of a 2-mode VUE I saw at the car show in Vancouver 2009 carshow, was it anything like that?

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

there were two mode hybrid vues. i drove one. our saturn rep had one back in the saturn days.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
newbievueowner
newbievueowner will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
Were there badges on the lower section of the doors? I have a pic in my photos of a 2-mode VUE I saw at the car show in Vancouver 2009 carshow, was it anything like that?
That one in your photo section sure looked like the one I saw in Vancouver (different colors). Same type/size/style of decal on the lower doors (front & rear) though. Didn't pay attention to whether it had dual exhaust or not. ???

Maybe I saw the infamous 2-mode Vue Hybrid?

Saturn Vue: The 250 HP tupperware

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to newbievueowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help newbievueowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
newbievueowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
youknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbievueowner View Post
That one in your photo section sure looked like the one I saw in Vancouver (different colors). Same type/size/style of decal on the lower doors (front & rear) though. Didn't pay attention to whether it had dual exhaust or not. ???

Maybe I saw the infamous 2-mode Vue Hybrid?
The one in Detroit- well, Southfield actually, was the exact same color as the one in his photos, but the badge was different- I think. I could swear it had circles or rings at each of the 'two mode' badge. I don't recall any wording or stickers on the side- only was behind it from the toys are us store to 12 mile...

SHoulda had my camera.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
chillin05VUE

2005 VUE 3.5L

I believe that you did see one. There's a dark green one going around town here. It's not a 2-mode though, it's just the 4 banger greenline model. The guy never washes it. Should report him for Saturn abuse....lol

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #11
Archer_services
Archer_services is on a distinguished road

After read out the post i have found that you have seen Two-Mode Hybrid Saturn VUE live on the street. i hope it was a great experience for you because i didnt see it live in south field street , if anyone have some live pics then plz post them .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Archer_services's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Archer_services reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Archer_services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

now i wish i had taken a couple pictures of the one i drove but who would have know what would happen to saturn. just remember it was wierd starting it because it didnt start. was like a golf cart til you got going. very smooth between electric and engine power.would have been a good vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote