SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default AND the rain came through GAIN!!!!

WTF!!!

Okay I had my 07 Outlook to two different dealers in March/April 2010 for that damn water leak around the sunroof.

They PROMISED it was fixed and even on my fifth trip in five weeks to Cincinnati replaced the headliner.

YEP that part was fixed.

EXCEPT I have noticed a musty smell and could only surmise that it was a reminant of the sunroof leak.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

We were in Gatlinburg last week (also see post on "traction control") and on Saturday driving over the mountain to Cherokee in really heavy rain. We had four of our friends along with us, we do a group vacation yearly.

My BFF Lisa and her husband were sitting in the third row and suddenly she said "WTF I am getting wet back here".

The water was pouring down the passenger side and coming out and down the seatbelt harness all over her. I turned around to ask what???

AND at that time my husband took a sharp turn left, winding road you know, and I YELPED!!!! Water poured out from under the passenger side dash and soaked my right foot/leg.

Talk about one "pissed off lady", me that is!

Car going to "Reichard Buick" (Saturn authorized service) first thing tomorrow for:

1. water leak AGAIN
- I told the service manager that I wanted the headliner dropped completely down and ALL THE DAMN DRAIN HOSES REPLACED AND TRIPLE CHECKED!!!!!

2. mold/mildew
- I am highly allergic to mold so they need to pull the carpet back and if there is any indication of "mold" all the carpet needs to be replaced

3. IF NOT
- and I wind up in the hospital with an allergic reaction...which has happened to me in the past with a slow leak in a water bed (mold growing) there will be some holy hell raised.

4. traction control.....yep problems again and I just posted information AGAIN.

Getting really interested in a new FORD!

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!
2007 Silver Outlook - SIGHHH! Traded 2/11 for a 2011 Enclave
2005 Gray Nissan 350Z - FUN FUN FUN warm weather only with the top down

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: AND the rain came through GAIN!!!!

Received a phone call around 1pm from Reichard Buick/GMC/Saturn servic.

YEP they replaced MORE drain hoses and then took the car over for a water test. HUMMM Service Manager said well looks like it is still leaking so he will have to get back with me.

Then received another call around 4pm and the seals around the sun roof's (both) need to be replaced. The parts are on order and will be in tomorrow.

Once the seals are installed and tested and hopefully NO LEAKS they will take up the issue of the possible "moldy" carpeting.

FINGERS CROSSED PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: AND the rain came through GAIN!!!!

Okay I have been so hyped up about the "traction control" and the "VIN#" issue that I have let slipped the "rain" or rather "flood" of rain into the car AGAIN!

They replaced "additional drain lines" AND they also replaced the seals around both sunroofs. Steve says that there are no more leaks…..yea he better be right.

They reinstalled the headliner and as for the carpeting....Steve said that GM won't replaced it since the carpet is all synthetic and will not "MOLD".

Will wait and see on that one because if I start having difficulty breathing....major problems.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!