SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
pala22
pala22 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 SL1
Default 04 saturn vue liftgate won't open

Can anyone offer info. on how I can open the liftgate of my 04 saturn vue? It does not have a manual insert key, have wireless key remote which successfully opens/locks all doors, except the rear tailgate. Also, is there a fuse that can be replaced? I noticed an electrical diagram that shows the link to the liftgate but if there is a fuse, I cannot locate it. Please help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pala22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pala22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pala22 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 04 saturn vue liftgate won't open

Quote:
Originally Posted by pala22 View Post
Can anyone offer info. on how I can open the liftgate of my 04 saturn vue? It does not have a manual insert key, have wireless key remote which successfully opens/locks all doors, except the rear tailgate. Also, is there a fuse that can be replaced? I noticed an electrical diagram that shows the link to the liftgate but if there is a fuse, I cannot locate it. Please help!
This has happened to others - there's no separate fuse - I recall one member cutting a hole in cover near the lock to release the latch.

Visit the follow thread for more information:

http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~s...h+won%27t+open

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
termite
termite will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2

I recently enlarged the hole and used one of those round metal plugs to fill it. It makes it easier to use and to make the hole match whats behind it. I would get the plug first and be careful not to make the hole too big! I painted the mechanism inside to see it better. Just put a screwdriver in the hole and move it (can't remember which way) but it unlocks it! I took these pictures from inside to give a better idea how it works and if you can't open the rear hatch now, this is how it would look to you while working on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Release hole1.JPG (36.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Release hole2.JPG (26.7 KB, 202 views)

It's GOOD to have a spare!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to termite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help termite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
termite

2001 SC2

I should add I did not have a problem with my rear hatch when I added this hole, but I figured this would be good insurance in case I did have a problem in the future. Its not a bad idea for anyone with this same rear hatch to do this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help termite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post
I should add I did not have a problem with my rear hatch when I added this hole, but I figured this would be good insurance in case I did have a problem in the future. Its not a bad idea for anyone with this same rear hatch to do this.
Termite ... you are one clever fellow.

Your superior planning makes the rest of us look bad.

I'll be cutting the hole in my hatch ASAP.

Probably much larger than you suggest because I have a new roll of duct tape.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
POORBOYZ
POORBOYZ is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem in my 06 Vue but I lucked out and it stopped working in the unlocked position. This is a great fix but it seems we still have not figured out what the problem. Is it the wiring, lock mechanism? This is more or less a band-aid fix and I would like to know if anyone has figured out what the actual problem is so we can all go back to locking and unlocking the tail gate with our key pads.

2006 VUE FWD V6
2001 BMW 330Ci
1996 FORD FUll SIZE Bronco 550WHP
1991 BMW 325i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to POORBOYZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help POORBOYZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
POORBOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

One of the SUV's I rented earlier this year already had an access plug. I believe it was the Dodge Journey. I popped the plug and saw the slot to operate the lock mechanism.

poorboyz do you hear the solenoid inside the liftgate operate when you use the key fob?

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 7 Beta 7

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
POORBOYZ
POORBOYZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
One of the SUV's I rented earlier this year already had an access plug. I believe it was the Dodge Journey. I popped the plug and saw the slot to operate the lock mechanism.

poorboyz do you hear the solenoid inside the liftgate operate when you use the key fob?

I don't hear anything...it's completely dead. I'll probably go buy a new mechanism. I also have to fix the strut mounts (for the 2nd time) and I just finished redoing the AC system (changed compressor) on a 58k mile car.

2006 VUE FWD V6
2001 BMW 330Ci
1996 FORD FUll SIZE Bronco 550WHP
1991 BMW 325i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to POORBOYZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help POORBOYZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
POORBOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
termite

2001 SC2

Did you use a DVM to check for voltage when you press the key fob button?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
DCSipp
DCSipp is on a distinguished road

My Thanks also. This allowed me to get the hatch open. I believe my mechanism is bad. Looking for P\N and a place to buy a replacement.

Regards,
DSipp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DCSipp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DCSipp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DCSipp is offline   Reply With Quote