SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
ascdesigns_94SW2
ascdesigns_94SW2 is on a distinguished road

Default New Upper Motor Mount from Saturn!

I didn't see any posts to announce the arrival of Saturn's latest upper motor mount, so I just thought I'd put it out here.

The new mount is SOLID, no "frown" cut-outs or holes to fill with Windo-weld. The aluminum insert that bolts to the block is a bit beefier (and taller), hence the need for three new bolts. Hopefully the last motor mount you'll need in a while!

Motor Mount P/N: 21012185
(longer) Bolts P/N: 21008003

Just an FYI!

- Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ascdesigns_94SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ascdesigns_94SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

This is actually a return to the old style "solid" motor mounts. I posted about it in another thread not long ago. I spoke to a tech, and he said the newer type were failing a lot more often, and he'd seen a lot of them get pretty thrashed compared to the solid ones. My car has 97k miles and the original solid mount. The tech let me take a used solid mount which was only slightly cracked from the dealership, and I'm going to try the silicone fill on either that or my original to see if I can make it last even longer, and hopefully gain some throttle response with the increased stiffness. I wonder how fast the dealerships will go through their stock of the hollow mounts before only the solid ones are available.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Heartbeat - '95 SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Heartbeat - '95 SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2001, 01:50 PM   #3
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Just checked with our parts manager and the part numbers are for the old style (original) motor mount and studs. The computer automatically pops up the updated mount number. The updated mount is the one presently in use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:19 PM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Oh I feel getting ripped off.... :o

My old SL2 is on its second replacement upper mount (with hole) now, the first one got crushed after just 3 years.

I still don't have too much fate into this second upper mount (with hole) though, it does look so weak....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread