SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Maryclemom
Maryclemom is on a distinguished road

Default Rear A/C-Hot

Does anyone else have a problem with their rear vents blowing out hot air? It's not just for a short time either, I would say it takes a good 5 minutes for the cool air to come through. I have a '08 XR.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Maryclemom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Maryclemom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Maryclemom is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Rear A/C-Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclemom View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with their rear vents blowing out hot air? It's not just for a short time either, I would say it takes a good 5 minutes for the cool air to come through. I have a '08 XR.
I don't recall mine ever taking this long to start cooling in the back, although as the driver I don't usually sit there

The rear seats have separate temperature controls - maybe somebody turned the heat all the way up?

If I recall correctly, the A/C compressor is in the engine, but the heat exchanger for the rear vents is way back in the right rear corner - there are pipes running under the vehicle connecting the two. Maybe something's borked down there?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Rear A/C-Hot

I waited until another Outlook member could comment before throwing in my 2-cents. I checked to be sure there are two HVAC units in Outlooks. If there's a warranty, get your Outlook into Saturn/GM asap. Don't wait for opinions here as its after the fact; most likely a loss of refrigerant has taken place and the rear HVAC unit, being furthest away from the entire system amplifies the loss. Having two HVAC units also means extra plumbing that adds to the sophistication and troubleshooting since there are more places, hidden and otherwise, to search for an elusive leak requiring more time to spend compared to sngle HVAC units with 98% in the engine area. Having a warranty will be the greatest savings possible compared to paying for the diagnostics and repairs if needed after the warranty is gone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote