|06-09-2010, 12:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Want to change Pressure control solenoid myself on my 03 l300, pls help
Has anyone done this on their cars? Is it possible to do without removing the transmission? Does anyone have this documented? How difficult is it to do?
Can I do it in one day?
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|06-09-2010, 05:48 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miamisburg, OH
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Re: Want to change Pressure control solenoid myself on my 03 l300, pls help
Check out this thread.
Here is the procedure I used to replace the switch and PCS. Your results may vary, but should be close.
1) Disconnect and remove the fan relay box and battery. Remove the two 13mm bolts that secure the PDC to the battery tray/bracket.
2) Remove the 8-10 bolts that secure the battery tray/bracket to the frame and remove it from the vehicle.
3) Remove the 3 upper trans mount bolts and let the trans drop. It should only drop about 1-2 inches.
4) Raise and support the vehicle on jack stands. Remove the left front tire.
5) Support engine cradle and remove the 5 bolts from the driver's side. Remove the upper strut mount nut and slowly lower the engine cradle and let it hang.
6) Pry down on the strut so it can clear the inner fender well and let it lay back and out towards the driver's door.
7) Pry out the axle shaft and place it so it is lay on the lower control arm towards the front of the vehicle.
8) Remove the side trans mount, bolt the secures the p. steering lines to the mount bracket, and the mount bracket.
9) Remove the side cover bolts. The locating pins may be corroded in and the cover may not want to pry loose. Starting at the top, pry the side cover off and try not to mark up the surface, if possible.
10) I did not remove the side cover, I just layed it to the side. You can still get to both items easily.
11) Pry out the clip holding the PCS in and pull it out of the valve body. If replacing the pressure switch, remove the 6 bolts that hold it to the valve body. Make sure you disconnect the connectors first, its easier.
12) Install the new components. The PCS clip will need to be tapped on as it is a tight fit.
13) Reinstallation is reverse of removal.
Notes: Make sure you reattached the electrical connectors inside the trans before reassembly.
During reassembly, the axle seal in the side cover will try to roll out as you push the cover back on. I used a screw driver to gently push the seal back in around the seal surface.
I'm planning on doing this this weekend. You may want to do the TCC valve also. I got both at Rockauto.com
ACDELCO Part # 24227792
VALVE,TCC SOL w/4-SPD A/TRANS(MN4) or 4-SPD A/TRANS(MN5) o
ACDELCO Part # 10478146
VALVE,PRESS CONT SOL w/4-SPD A/TRANS(MN4) or 4-SPD A/TRANS(MN5)
You could also do the 1-2 and 2-3 solenoid for another $18 each, i decided against it.
When are you going to do it?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|03 L300 Hard Shifting. What are the part #s for Pressure Control Solenoid?||lcluvinlife||L-Series Tech||5||06-13-2010 05:12 PM|
|new issue after pressure control solenoid change||thebigdog00||S-Series Tech||2||07-29-2009 11:53 AM|
|P1811: Pressure Control Solenoid||Junkfood||L-Series Tech||3||10-09-2007 03:30 PM|
|Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid||Crowdsurfer||L-Series Tech||5||03-16-2007 09:11 PM|
|Pressure control solenoid||JMSL300||L-Series General||5||12-07-2004 12:07 AM|