SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
lency
lency is on a distinguished road

Default thermostat location

I have 2004 saturn vue 2.2 can you tell me the location of the thermostat if is on the left or on the right of the engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lency's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lency reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lency is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to all

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: thermostat location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lency View Post
I have 2004 saturn vue 2.2 can you tell me the location of the thermostat if is on the left or on the right of the engine.
I don't own one, but Answera.com says:
On the back side of the block. The water pump is on the passenger's side, and the thermostat housing is on the driver's side. It's located under the exhaust manifold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Is the VUE 2.2 the L61 or L66? Because the thermostats are in two different locations.

On the L61 its behind the exhaust heat shield. And on the L66 its behind or under the battery.

L61:

L66:

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
lency

I replace the thermostate and antifreez bottle cap on my vue 04 with the help from you guys. But is still overheat, a friend of my told me that i need to change the cooling fan that it work too slow. if you put your hand on it when the fan is working you can bearly feel it. you can see the water borling in the bottle. what did you guys think waterpump or fan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lency reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to allChazberry is a name known to all

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I replace the thermostate and antifreez bottle cap on my vue 04 with the help from you guys. But is still overheat, a friend of my told me that i need to change the cooling fan that it work too slow. if you put your hand on it when the fan is working you can bearly feel it. you can see the water borling in the bottle. what did you guys think waterpump or fan.
What's the Temp Gauge read? Does it run any cooler on the highway than it does sitting still with the fan on?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
lency

I did not read the guage all know is that 5-10 mins after starting the car is on guage red. the fan work but you cannot hear it runing. fan is very slow. there is know code for the rad sensor. but there code p0480 that just came up today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I did not read the guage all know is that 5-10 mins after starting the car is on guage red. the fan work but you cannot hear it runing. fan is very slow. there is know code for the rad sensor. but there code p0480 that just came up today.
See if this thread helps . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ighlight=p0480

Your fan does have a high and low speed. See attached pdf for some guidance. Could be a relay problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 05Vue2.2LP0480DTC.pdf (49.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Chazberry; 06-08-2010 at 08:49 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
lency

P0480 Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit. where can i find this lay. also can a car run without thermostat?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
P0480 Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit. where can i find this lay. also can a car run without thermostat?
The relay is probably a 'dealer only' item - any GM dealer should be able to get you one - probably the cheapest thing to try. A car will run without a t'stat - just not very well since the engine won't be operating at the right temperature. It also won't help much if your fan won't go to high speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #10
lency

The car have high and low relay. which one did i need to change

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
The car have high and low relay. which one did i need to change
Do the relays look identical? If so, can you swap them and see if you then just have high speed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
lency

I swap the relay also i replace the rad, bottle cap and the fan also with thermostat yet the car is overheating. the water is just boiling in the antifreeze bottle. You can hear the noise inside the can when the water is boiling.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
I swap the relay also i replace the rad, bottle cap and the fan also with thermostat yet the car is overheating. the water is just boiling in the antifreeze bottle. You can hear the noise inside the can when the water is boiling.
So swapping the relays did NOT give you more fan speed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

I trust you checked the High Speed Fan Fuse?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FusePnl.JPG (123.9 KB, 55 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
lency

i will check first thing in morning. on the thermostat i just need to 2 bolt`

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
lency

High Speed Fan Fuse was burn out which i replace this morning. i remove the battery to delete the code. Now my 04 Vue will not start. the car feel like starting but it will not start. Help help

Last edited by lency; 06-10-2010 at 11:51 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
lency

The problem with this car is getting too much for me, today the MECH to me that there is water in the oil cap. but when i check with stick i could not tell. Do you think that is a blow head gasket? i place RAD,FAN,WATER PUMP, THERMOSTAT.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Do you think that is a blow head gasket? i place RAD,FAN,WATER PUMP, THERMOSTAT.
You have a new radiator, fan, water pump AND thermostat!?
A little water on the oil cap could be normal condensation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #19
lency

You said is normal condensation will this cause any problem or will this make it overheat?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #20
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
You said is normal condensation will this cause any problem or will this make it overheat?
It won't cause a problem and does not cause overheating. If it's normal condensation, it should disappear after the engine has run for awhile.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!