SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
justin_zink
justin_zink is on a distinguished road

1995 SL
Default pcm swap issue

I have a 95 saturn sl and a 95 saturn sl2. At this time I am putting the SOHC engine in the sl2 body. I know some one is going to ask why, so to answer them before they ask, the sohc engine is good but the uni-body rotted out and the DOHC engine was dead. Now to the question, I know I have to swap the pcm, I have found other threads on here that say I do not have to swap the harness. The problem is that the rejection tabs on the connectors do not line up. Is there something I am missing or do I have to swap the harness. Also the wires for the alternator were cut off the connector, I have another connector and the pin layout, The only problem is that both of the wires are the same color. I am wondering, seeing as one of the wires comes from the ign. will that have 12 volts on it with the key on, and if not is there another way to find out which wire is what. Thank you in advance for any help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justin_zink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justin_zink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justin_zink is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: pcm swap issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_zink View Post
I have found other threads on here that say I do not have to swap the harness.
This is correct.

Quote:
The problem is that the rejection tabs on the connectors do not line up. Is there something I am missing or do I have to swap the harness.
Take a new, sharp razor blade and cut off the tabs.

Quote:
Also the wires for the alternator were cut off the connector, I have another connector and the pin layout, The only problem is that both of the wires are the same color
They're actually different. One is brown, one is brown with a white stripe.

With the key in the run position, the brown/white one (cavity F) will get 12 volts. The brown wire (cavity L) goes to the instrument cluster.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote