SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Jorilla
Jorilla is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Need to Access the Headlight/Dimmer Switch. Please Help.

I have searched through the forums and could not find any info. I can't find anything online, so hopefully someone has the answer I need.

Here is the back-story real quick. I have an '07 Outlook and this morning I slipped while getting in and my knee hit the Headlight/Dimmer control switch cluster and knocked it back into the dash. It didn't fall all the way in, just knocked it back so that the round control knob is behind the plastic panel.

I cannot find the screws to remove this panel so I can pop that switch back in place (I don't think anything is broken).

Can anywone tell me how to remove this panel so I can get to this thing?

THANKS,
Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jorilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jorilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
VUESBROTHERS
VUESBROTHERS is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
Default Re: Need to Access the Headlight/Dimmer Switch. Please Help.

Jorilla,

If your 07 is like my 09, you should be able to remove the lower modesty panel which is attached by plastic snap fasteners. Slide your driver's seat all the way back to give you better access. You'll see what I mean laying on your stomach at the driver's floor. Once that is removed you should be able to look up and reach the out-of-place control you knocked in.

I had to remove this lower modesty panel in order to wire up the factory pigtail to a trailer brake controller.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

'09 XR FWD, Bluetooth, Nav, O/H DVD, 8 Pass, Leather, Htd Seats, Tow Pkg, Moon, Sky Light, Conv Pkg, Bose Surround Audio Pkg, Enhanced Conv Pkg, HID, 2-Way Advanced Remote

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUESBROTHERS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUESBROTHERS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUESBROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Jorilla
Jorilla is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I'll try that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jorilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jorilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Frosty3894
Frosty3894 will become famous soon enough

As per the service manual....

1) You need to remove the 2 screws (retighten to 89 in. lb) that hold the hood release latch in place. Then disconnect the cable. (You might be able to get away w/o disconnecting the cable.)

2) Remove the 2 screws (retighten to 22 in. Lb)that hold the Drivers Knee bolster in place. There are also 5 retaining clips that you need to release.

3) The switch is held in place by 1 clip on each side.

If you need a picture, message me your email adress and I can shoot you the service manual pages.

Steve

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frosty3894's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frosty3894 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frosty3894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Thumbs Up Re: Need to Access the Headlight/Dimmer Switch. Please Help.

Timely thread !!

As my interior lights override switch (push-in no lights when doors open which is what i prefer and have always had engaged since oct'08) just decided to quit/break 3 wks back while i was detailing the interior pre-roadtrip, when I pushed to release. Was concerned this was a half-dash to be pulled out item (similiar to the temp sensor replacement)

Will now confirm this is a warranty item !

thanks,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote