SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Camaroman333
Camaroman333 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Hvac system malfunction

This morning I started up our 2008 Vue and all the controls on the HVAC were not able to change the settings either in manual or Auto. the only thing that would change was the fan speed. i could not manually change the temperature or the vent settings. I tried to switch it to the defrost mode but the vents stayed on the dash, same for floor and the mode where you have it on the floor and the vents. Nothing worked and I never got any heat at all.
Any Ideas? Could it be A fuse or could it be the control module for the HVAC?

Tim
Live today as if there may be no tomorrow. Because no-one is promised what tomorrow will bring.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Camaroman333's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Camaroman333 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Camaroman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Hvac system malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman333 View Post
This morning I started up our 2008 Vue and all the controls on the HVAC were not able to change the settings either in manual or Auto. the only thing that would change was the fan speed. i could not manually change the temperature or the vent settings. I tried to switch it to the defrost mode but the vents stayed on the dash, same for floor and the mode where you have it on the floor and the vents. Nothing worked and I never got any heat at all.
Any Ideas? Could it be A fuse or could it be the control module for the HVAC?
Do you have remote vehicle start (service bulletin issued for HVAC related problems)?

Do any of switch indicator lights blink a few times after pressed (A/C or Recirc)?

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Camaroman333

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Do you have remote vehicle start (service bulletin issued for HVAC related problems)?

Do any of switch indicator lights blink a few times after pressed (A/C or Recirc)?
Yes it has remote start and the recirc light flashes when you press it even though the AC light is on.

Tim
Live today as if there may be no tomorrow. Because no-one is promised what tomorrow will bring.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Camaroman333 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Yes it has remote start and the recirc light flashes when you press it even though the AC light is on.
I've attached two service bulletins - both sort of suggest a trip to dealer is needed (Tech 2 test equipment needed to capture/analyze problem).

Please repost or send PM if you think neither of these SB's describes problem you have and we can pull-up various diagrams.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AC Lights Flashing.pdf (40.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf HVAC Issues - After RVS.pdf (41.3 KB, 24 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Camaroman333

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
I've attached two service bulletins - both sort of suggest a trip to dealer is needed (Tech 2 test equipment needed to capture/analyze problem).

Please repost or send PM if you think neither of these SB's describes problem you have and we can pull-up various diagrams.
The second one about remote start seems to be my experience. The service department said the technician found a bad sensor that kept it from operating. But after reading the second bulletin I think it needs the new programming. I will bring this to their attention tomorrow when I take it back in.
Thanks for the information.

Tim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Camaroman333

2008 VUE 3.6L

Just got back from the dealership and they replaced the sensor and made sure it had the latest software for the controls. so hopefully it will be good to go. I have noticed for the last 6 months or so the AC didn't seem to act right. So maybe this sensor was the problem with it also.
Thanks for all the help.

Tim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Just got back from the dealership and they replaced the sensor and made sure it had the latest software for the controls. so hopefully it will be good to go. I have noticed for the last 6 months or so the AC didn't seem to act right. So maybe this sensor was the problem with it also.
Thanks for all the help.
Did they suggest which sensor was changed? There are so many of those silly things used on newer cars ... its alway a great help to others with similar problems to post all known details.

But - in this case - if they checked / loaded HVAC controller software you're probably good to go forever!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!