SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
velocityreport
velocityreport will become famous soon enough

Default Youtube Video on a 2000 Saturn LW2

I thought this forum might enjoy this video on the surprising performance of a Saturn Wagon. That part kicks in about halfway through.

As a new user, I can't post links. Just go to youtube and do search on "Velocity Report". It should be the first video listed.

I just wanted to run this by some Saturn owners for review. I hope this does the car justice.

Thanks,

Bill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to velocityreport's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help velocityreport reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
velocityreport is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Youtube Video on a 2000 Saturn LW2

Thank you! That was hilarious! And the music accompaniment is superb! I always thought my L300 (with the same engine) was a sleeper until the pedal is pressed further when needed. The suspension on mine was supposedly softened from the original hard setting but I feel mine as very firm and unafraid of speeding through curves that makes others brake and roll when mine eats 'em up. My high point is my daily drive to work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
skywolf
skywolf is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Funny video, and very truthful too. Wow, that L was pristine under the hood, was that it's first time outdoors =p

2002 Saturn L200 'Jasper' | 2011 Mazda3 SGT 'Corey' | 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5 'Timber' | 2013 Volvo XC70 'Rolf' | 2005 Volvo XC70 'Aldwin' | "ACK and you shall receive"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skywolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skywolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
Roarke
Roarke is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

That was BRILLIANT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElFtCW6W4KY
makes it easier.
Made me feel good about my car again, as well as all I've done recently. I've been fixing little things, and a major tune up is around the corner.
As well as new tires.
And I want it tinted... I could go on, couldn't we all?
BRILLIANT VIDEO!

"I have not failed two thousand times. I have merely found two thousand ways not to make a light bulb." -Thomas Edison

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Roarke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Roarke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Roarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
born again
born again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of light

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

That is one professionally produced video. I especially like the peeling of the orange to get to the good stuff. If Saturn had actually run some ads like that for the L they might have sold a lot more. This car suffered from virtually zero promotion during its run. One of the big car mags did a comparo of 7 sedans in 2000. Saturn cheekily sent a 4 banger 5 speed against all the others being top line 6 autos. The L had the second best acceleration, best brakes, best slalom time and finished.... last. So much for the mags. BTW, after much searching I found a published 0-60 time for the I4/5M - 8.9 seconds. How does the L do this with less HP than the competition? It weighs hundreds of pounds less.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
carbon
carbon is on a distinguished road

2006 RELAY-3

I have to agree that the L81 is one sexy V6... I can't think of another engine that GM made that they didn't just give up and cover it with plastic.

Great video!

-:Proud Owner of an Orphaned Fleet:-
2006 Saturn Relay-3
2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carbon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carbon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
hummrH2o
hummrH2o is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL

so awesome. so true. How can you say its low to the ground, has great handling, awesome acceleration and a sexy engine and say its not a performance sedan? although it was a wagon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hummrH2o's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hummrH2o reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hummrH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Great video! Easily one of the best looking (and sounding) engines to come from GM. Light weight and the potent V6 made our L300 a pleasure to drive.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #9
AlainMDavos
AlainMDavos will become famous soon enough

1995 SL1

I loved this video, especially the way it was produced. I agree that if it was used when the L-Series debuted, I would have been sold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlainMDavos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlainMDavos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlainMDavos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Does it have the horrible, choppy, back pain inducing ride my L-series did?

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
EHG
EHG is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR

Very, very nice Saturn flick. Just to add, I love my Saturn (Opel) Astra. I'm from Connecticut. Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EHG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EHG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
EHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
spiderpig24
spiderpig24 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1

awesome video i laughed hard and kinda want a l wagon now, but ill check you out on youtube good job!

94 SL1 5 Speed "Ruby" Sold...97 SL2 AT,97 SL1 AT
I believe the problem with the single cam is, that it's SOHC and it's two valves per cylinder, and it's a four cylinder

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spiderpig24's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spiderpig24 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spiderpig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
Gary F.
Gary F. is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
1993 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityreport View Post
I thought this forum might enjoy this video on the surprising performance of a Saturn Wagon. That part kicks in about halfway through.

As a new user, I can't post links. Just go to youtube and do search on "Velocity Report". It should be the first video listed.

I just wanted to run this by some Saturn owners for review. I hope this does the car justice.

Thanks,

Bill
Wow, that's a fantastic video production. I really, really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Now do a 2008 Astra XR for us! Thanks, it was great stuff in the highest tradition of Saturn enthusiasts!

Gary F.

2008 Saturn Astra 5-Door XR, Arctic White, Auto, Sunroof, Sport Handling
2001 Land Rover Discovery II
1993 Saturn SW2 (gave to son at 300K mi)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gary F.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gary F. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gary F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #14
Silverl300
Silverl300 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

haha this truly made my night

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Silverl300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Silverl300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Silverl300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #15
Paradoxmaker
Paradoxmaker has a spectacular aura aboutParadoxmaker has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
1999 SL1

LOL Wow was that goofy...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Paradoxmaker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Paradoxmaker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Paradoxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
Dukenukemx
Dukenukemx will become famous soon enough

Makes me happy to own a LS2.

Stock (for now) 2000 Saturn LS2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dukenukemx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dukenukemx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dukenukemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #17
Demon Satty
Demon Satty is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2007 ION Red Line

Great video, and I do like the Lcars. The 3L V6 itself is a good motor. How GM connected it to the car with a crappy computer system on the other hand...not so go. BCM fail anyone?

I would buy a V6, if it didn't have such crappy electronics.

-'98 SL SOHC OF DOOM!- '07 ION Redline - '88 Suzuki Samurai

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Demon Satty's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Demon Satty reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Demon Satty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #18
sallydriver
sallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to all

1999 SL2
1993 SW2

Didn't realize that the L-Series with the V6 accelerated so well. Hmm...

2014 Cannondale 27spd 29": 30 miles
1999 Forest Green SL2 5spd "Sally" 5spd : 307,100+ miles
1993 White SW2 5spd "Steve" 5spd : 234,984 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sallydriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sallydriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sallydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #19
mdutton
mdutton is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2007 AURA XE

I bought my LW2 with under 40K a few years ago. It now has just under 200K. Needless to say, it is driven quite a bit more than the average car. My goal is to get it to 250K. The V6 was a major factor of the purchase. It is smooth and sounds great! The fact that it is a sleeper performance car (be sure to get the right tires) only made it better.

I do need one bit of advice, where can I get a replacement antenna mast? The kayaks we put on the top of the wagon have damaged the original mast so it needs to be replaced.

By the way, we get lots of looks when we pass other cars doing over 80 with a pair of kayaks on the top of a "grocery hauler."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mdutton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mdutton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mdutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #20
bill buttermore
bill buttermore will become famous soon enough

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I just bought a 2000 L-Series wagon with the V6 and really had no idea just what I had until now. Super!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bill buttermore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bill buttermore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bill buttermore is offline   Reply With Quote