SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
tAURAnce_guy
tAURAnce_guy is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Fuel Injector Location? Engine Code says clogged injector.

Anyone change out an injector yet? I keep getting a check engine that my Injector 3 is clogged, I think it's P0303. Does anyone know where the injectors are? I will pull them out and clean them up with a fuel line flush but I don't want to start ripping things off the engine willy-nilly looking for the injectors. Are there any photo's, tips, tricks to getting to them? My engine is sputtering at stop lights and the code comes and goes, mostly comes on long freeway hauls.
Thanks!

Click here to see my 07 Black Aura XR with the NACOTY!!!! -----> [url="http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12742"]http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12742[/url]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tAURAnce_guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tAURAnce_guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tAURAnce_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Way2QWK
Way2QWK is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Fuel Injector Location? Engine Code says clogged injector.

There is no code for a clogged injector. P0303 is a missfire on cyl #3. Now a clogged injector could cause the missfire but there is no specific code for clogged injector. I just had a 3.6 aura with a cyl 3 missfire that had a broken coil wire. there is a bulletin for this. Why not take it to the dealer under 7yr/100k powertrain warrenty?

Intermittent Misfires with P0300

Models: 2007-2008 Saturn Aura

2007-2008 Pontiac G6

with 3.6 LY7
Condition/Concern:
Some customers may complain about the SES light on along with the Traction Control light being on. They will also complain about the vehicle running rough all the time or intermittently
Recommendation/Instructions:
If normal diagnostics does not find concern the check the engine wiring harness. Previous cases have indicated the the four circuits from the ECM to the coil and the two circuits to the injector may be broken inside the insulation. Try to isolate to one cylinder using the misfire data and check this circuit for intermittent opens.

Helpful Hint: Move the wiring harness at the ignition coil connector while the vehicle is running to see if the engine misfire goes away.

***Saturn Tech and owner of Planet Automotive in Tucson AZ. Specializing in Saturn repairs.

94 SW2- custom intake and ported throttle body
2003 Saturn Vue 3.0 v6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Way2QWK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Way2QWK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Way2QWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

You might give a good quality fuel system cleaner a try first. I have used a Redline fuel system cleaner and one from Chevron with some success in eliminating misfires. Used Gunk and Gumout too for may years on my carburators with good success. But I think Redline and Chevron have the best for injectors today.

Some cleaners, when added to the fuel tank can damage the fuel filter inside the tank if left for a prolonged period. So, when I am going to add a cleaner to the gas I do it just before a trip that will burn the tank of fuel in a day. This doesn't give the chemicals time to do any damage. The cheap $.99 can of carb/injector cleaner sold at the gas station is just kerosene so skip it.

I know a lot of you will say this stuff never works or you have had some parts melt of your engine when you used it, and that can happen. But if you stick to Redline or Chevron you won't hurt anything and it just might save you a days work under the hood.

This is just My Opinion, Your may very.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
tAURAnce_guy
tAURAnce_guy is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2QWK View Post
There is no code for a clogged injector. P0303 is a missfire on cyl #3. Now a clogged injector could cause the missfire but there is no specific code for clogged injector. I just had a 3.6 aura with a cyl 3 missfire that had a broken coil wire. there is a bulletin for this. Why not take it to the dealer under 7yr/100k powertrain warrenty?

Intermittent Misfires with P0300

Models: 2007-2008 Saturn Aura

2007-2008 Pontiac G6

with 3.6 LY7
Condition/Concern:
Some customers may complain about the SES light on along with the Traction Control light being on. They will also complain about the vehicle running rough all the time or intermittently
Recommendation/Instructions:
If normal diagnostics does not find concern the check the engine wiring harness. Previous cases have indicated the the four circuits from the ECM to the coil and the two circuits to the injector may be broken inside the insulation. Try to isolate to one cylinder using the misfire data and check this circuit for intermittent opens.

Helpful Hint: Move the wiring harness at the ignition coil connector while the vehicle is running to see if the engine misfire goes away.
The 0303 is only one of the codes, another was like U0074 or U0073 or something like that. It said it was like an injector reserve bank full. Can't remember the mechanics broken english well right now. I took my car to the dealer and they said coils aren't part of the powertrain warranty and I paid $250 for a new coil in cylinder 3, I also had to buy a new batter at the same time, that was another $77. They said the warranty that would have covered my coils was 3yr/36,000 and that was up last November. The problem happened in January and it's been sputtering since. I have tried fuel injector cleaning treatments about 4 times in the last 4 months and it never gets better. I think it's time to pull those suckers out, purge the fuel line, get a new fuel filter, and put it all back together.

Click here to see my 07 Black Aura XR with the NACOTY!!!! -----> [url="http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12742"]http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=12742[/url]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tAURAnce_guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tAURAnce_guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tAURAnce_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

keep in mind unless you have over 100,000 miles warranty covers it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote