SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
walboy
walboy is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L
Default Saturn Vue AWD v6 - door problems..really need help

I posted this before. I really need help. My front passenger door will not open. I started having problems with door opening a few weeks ago. you would have to slightly press the unlock button while someone pulled the handle. it would open if u did this. I need to know how to get the door open so I can assess whats wrong. Are there any tricks to get the door open? I really need someones help. I just had to drop about $1200 on other problems and must fix this one myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walboy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walboy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walboy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Saturn Vue AWD v6 - door problems..really need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by walboy View Post
I posted this before. I really need help. My front passenger door will not open. I started having problems with door opening a few weeks ago. you would have to slightly press the unlock button while someone pulled the handle. it would open if u did this. I need to know how to get the door open so I can assess whats wrong. Are there any tricks to get the door open? I really need someones help. I just had to drop about $1200 on other problems and must fix this one myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
walboy ... I've noted a few posts on this forum with stuck doors and don't recall (nor could I search and find) an easy solution. We know people eventually get the door open but no one appears to post how.

You may have to resort to brute force to remove the inner panel. There are several screws retaining the panel but I don't know how many are accessible with door closed and pax seat in place.

I'll attach a few service manual extracts which supposedly pertain to the 03.

I'll provide any other document which you think will help you.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 03 - Door Handle.pdf (60.0 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf 03 Vue - Door Trim Panel.pdf (94.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf 03 Vue - Latch Replace.pdf (81.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: pdf 03 Vue - Trim Panel Extension.pdf (55.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf 03 Vue - Water Deflector.pdf (62.4 KB, 50 views)

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
SoundGuy
SoundGuy is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XE

The door is easy to take apart - just watch the screw in the door handle cover on the inside. Place a thin blade picket knife tip in the round part and pop it out. It doesn't come completely off, it's hinged.

Once you get it out per grump's instructions, it should be easy to see the problem. Could just be a bend rod.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoundGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoundGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Someclown
Someclown is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Walboy, if you didn't already try this, remove the inner door handle via phillips screw and try pulling the rods manually (door handle rod and lock mechanism rod), they are held on the handle with plastic clips that lock on the plastic door handle itself.Maybe have someone use the outer door handle while someone uses the inner handle or inner rods.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Someclown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Someclown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Someclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
sarahsmom
sarahsmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by walboy View Post
I just came from the body shop the guy there told me it would be a 2-3 day job. I can't have my car tied up that long came home thought about it for 5 minutes stuck a yard stick down into the window well, jiggled it for about 10-15 seconds and it popped right open, saving a ton of cash i assume

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sarahsmom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sarahsmom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sarahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmom View Post
I just came from the body shop the guy there told me it would be a 2-3 day job. I can't have my car tied up that long came home thought about it for 5 minutes stuck a yard stick down into the window well, jiggled it for about 10-15 seconds and it popped right open, saving a ton of cash i assume
Awesome!

Sounds like the body shop that wanted to charge me 4 hours for two bodymen to replace my sunroof on one of my cars. 20 minutes and six screws and I had it done myself. I'm not real trusting of body shops anymore...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote