SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #21
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: 2010 sky redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
i dont price em but as i said before i cant decide what it is worth. in some ways its like any other sky but its also number 4 of the last 8 built as 2010s (and it wasnt even supposed to be built) and the only one ever painted that color. who knows 39k might be too much or it may be too cheap.
I didn't think that you were the person determining the price. Perhaps, down the road, one of these '010's might be worth considerably more than any of the previous MY's. Only time will tell. Regardless, the SKY is and always will be a KILLER roadster.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

yesterday i saw a black redline vin number 00005. it is a beautiful car and looking at it i just have to think (at least my gut feeling) somewhere down the road im looking at a very valuable car. it may take 10 years but as you say only time will tell. in our state they dont even have license plate prices for any2010 saturn so it will be interesting when we sell one. we have 5 sky s and a bunch of outlooks in stock. also i know there are vues out there and i would bet some aura too somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

just saw another 2010 thats a new one only color. called laberyth or something like that. its a dark grey, like charcoal, with blue or purple specks in it. looks pretty nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #24
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

we ended up getting all 8 2010 skys. 4 black, 3 dk grey laberith (?) and the one blue. 2 have sold so far. many dealers inquiring. fun to be part of it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #25
IONSedan
IONSedan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan

VIN : 1G8MB3CX9AY100004
VEHICLE INFORMATION
Merchandising Model : ZMG67 -2010 SATURN SKY RED LINE
Warranty Start Date : 07/27/2009
BARS Order Type : 81 DEALER USED CAR (CVMS USE)
Delivering Dealer : N/A Selling Source : N/A
Site Code : N/A
Business Associate Code : N/A
Service Contract :
No Branded Title :
No Warranty Block :
No PDI Status :
Paid
REQUIRED FIELD ACTIONS
Vehicle Has No Current Record Of Outstanding Campaigns
SERVICE INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
Type Number Description Posted Date Status
EI 10009 CHEMICAL DAMAGE ON INNER SURFACES OF FUEL TANK 02/03/2010 See Bulletin

VIN 1G8MB3CX9AY100004
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : ZMG67 -2010 SATURN SKY RED LINE
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1593 kg (3513 lb)
Order Number : NFKNFW
Build Date : 05/05/2009
Build Plant : 1AYM

AK5 - RESTRAINT SYS SEAT, INFLATABLE DRIVER & PASSENGER FRONT
AL0 - PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM
ATG - LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY
AU3 - POWER DOOR LOCKS
AXJ - VEHICLE TYPE PASSENGER CAR
A31 - POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS
A50 - FRONT SEAT, BUCKET
BTV - REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM
B32 - FLOOR MATS
B70 - SILL PLATES, METALLIC FINISH
C60 - AIR CONDITIONING
D48 - OUTSIDE MIRROR
D52 - REAR SPOILER
FE3 - SUSPENSION, PERFORMANCE
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
GHF - KINECTIC BLUE MET
GTA - MODEL CONVERSION TURBO
GT4 - AXLE REAR 3.73 RATIO
G80 - LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
IP2 - LEATHER SEAT INSERTS
JF5 - PEDALS SPORTY, ALLOY
JL9 - 4-WHEEL ANTILOCK BRAKES W/ABS
KG9 - GENERATOR - 140 AMP
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
LNF - 2.0L I-4 TURBO, VVT, 260 HP DIRECT-INJECT ENGINE
MX0 - 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
M82 - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
NT7 - FED EMIS SYS, TIER 2
N34 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL OAR - PRE-PRODUCTION BUILD
PCQ - PREMIUM TRIM PACKAGE INCL: * STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS * SEATS, FRONT BUCKET, LEATHER SURFACES *BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE *PEDAL COVERS, STAINLESS STEEL *SILL PLATES, METALLIC FINISH
QF8 - 18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
QSL - TIRES, P245/45R18 PERFORMANCE RADIAL
R9N - SEATS, FRONT BUCKET, LEATHER SURFACES
SLM - SALES STOCK ORDER
T96 - PROJECTOR BEAM FOGLAMPS
UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND (ASK DLR ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAV UPGRADE)
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS
UPF - BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
UQ3 - AUDIO SYSTEM, HIGH PERFORMANCE WITH MONSOON SPEAKERS
US6 - FIXED ANTENNA
UUI - AM/FM RADIO WITH USB PORT (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
WD0 - START OF PLATFORM CONTAINMENT VEHICLES WIL - WILMINGTON PLANT
1SR - PACKAGE OPTION 1SR
1SZ - DISCOUNT OPTION PKG
19I - BLACK 19T - CONVERTIBLE TOP BLACK
192 - BLACK

Last edited by IONSedan; 04-23-2010 at 10:47 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONSedan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONSedan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
IONSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #26
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

00004 is sitting right outside my office.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
ChgoBlues
ChgoBlues is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Yes, Saturn planned on the 2010 model year with minimal changes to meet 2010 safety standards, some new colors and I'm not sure if there were going to be special editions like 2009.

The Skys built were preproduction runs that are normal for a new model year. The cars were built to sale specs and are now hitting the market. There are some Solstices and Sol Coupes out there as well. There is only one of these 30 2010 models I have an interest in since it is THE only one built like it.

The last Sky built you refer too was the 2009 model year vehicle and was built a week prior to the 2010 runs. Saturn or Pontiac couldn't 'advertise' any of the 2010's since the brands were being closed and GM has the option to crush or sell these cars. They were used in GM's PEP program. Looks like many of them will or have been sold through auction.

For anyone interested in more information, look at Skyroadster.com and Solsticeforum.com and you'll have to do some searching regarding the vehicles and the discussion. Some that works at dealers added what they could to the discussion and it will certainly clear up some of the 'speculations' posted here as to their existence and why they were built.

As far as price, well whatever the dealer feels they can get is what they will price it at. But to some degree, yes any 2010 Saturn Sky or Pontiac Solstice is going to potentially be worth some money down the road. Barrett-Jackson remarks on these types of information during any of their auctions. But what will drive the value is the collector's market and the demand for the Sky and Solstice models. Personally, I'd buy a 2010 before buying a new 2009 any day.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChgoBlues's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChgoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #28
ChgoBlues

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
we ended up getting all 8 2010 skys. 4 black, 3 dk grey laberith (?) and the one blue. 2 have sold so far. many dealers inquiring. fun to be part of it.
Not seeing the blue one on the site you posted a link to.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ChgoBlues reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #29
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

we got all 8 2010 skys and 2 have sold. one of the sold ones was the blue one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

neither saturn or pontiac planned to have sky or solstice for 2010. saturn for 2010 was aura, vue and outlook. a few thousand outlooks were built (some as recently as march) and i know of at lease one vue. havnt heard of any auras.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #31
gpartrid
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
neither saturn or pontiac planned to have sky or solstice for 2010. saturn for 2010 was aura, vue and outlook. a few thousand outlooks were built (some as recently as march) and i know of at lease one vue. havnt heard of any auras.
I suppose you'd know better than I would as you work at a dealership(?). However, (and not to prove you wrong, back in March / April of 2009, I was at my Saturn dealership shopping for a SKY Redline and did a fair amount of research as well and Charlie posted (an) update(s) on forthcoming / planeed Saturn models and the 2010 SKY w. auto transmission was to have remote start.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #32
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

actually you are probably right. i guess the decision to drop the sky came soon after that time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #33
gpartrid
Advanced Member

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Regardless, it sucks GM dropped Saturn. They could've merged Saturn and Pontiac into Satiac or Ponturn or the like

I've been driving Hondas from '87 to 2008 and the new Saturn line-up was excellent from the AURA to the SKY to the VUE. GM was on the CUSP of doing something remarkable and...they dropped the ball...AGAIN!
At least they've paid the gov't. loans back early and American cars seem to be (re)gaining popularity due to (perceived?) quality improvement. I can say with relative certainty that my next car will be American -all based on my ownership experience of the AURA and SKY.

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #34
SC2SkyVue
SC2SkyVue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
GM was on the CUSP of doing something remarkable and...they dropped the ball...AGAIN!

At least they've paid the gov't. loans back early...
Yes, GM corporates and unions never adopted The SATURN Philosophy.

They borrowed $50B and "paid back" (With more borrowed money) $7B.
Pretty good deal... and phony as a three dollar bill.
GM is still bleeding cash
due to ongoing bad business decisions.

2007 SKY RL
2004 VUE RL
1996 SC2CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2SkyVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2SkyVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2SkyVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #35
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

i agree. saturn had a great line up of vehicles at the end. my 07 aura xr had been great and my 08 outlook was a great car although i just traded it because of some problems with 07/08 outlooks i didnt want to deal with. the biggest thing that killed saturn was getting rid of the ion and not replacing it with a lower priced higher volume car. lowest price 09 was a base aura at 24,200 dollars or a vue about the same. they gave up a big chunk of the market.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #36
ChgoBlues

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
i agree. saturn had a great line up of vehicles at the end. my 07 aura xr had been great and my 08 outlook was a great car although i just traded it because of some problems with 07/08 outlooks i didnt want to deal with. the biggest thing that killed saturn was getting rid of the ion and not replacing it with a lower priced higher volume car. lowest price 09 was a base aura at 24,200 dollars or a vue about the same. they gave up a big chunk of the market.
Well if the Euro vs US $ didn't fall off the cliff, the base Astra would have come in less than the Ion. And having owned an Ion, I can honestly say, the Astra is a far better car so far in my ownership experience.

But keep in mind too, GM/Saturn wanted to move Saturn upscale also hence the higher price point for vehicles and more standard equipment. I was at my retailer last week and the Kia dealer across the street is storing vehicles on their lot. For something that is suppose to be entry level, I find a Kia Soul in the $20K range? So Saturn wasn't so out of the ball park price wise.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

astra was a great car but more of an enthusiast car than a high volume car. we have a kia dealer and they are doing similar things that saturn did (moving upscale) but havnt forgotten lower end price. soul from about 13k and forte s from a little less. even the new 2011 sorento, which i think is an amazing vehicle, starts at under 20k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #38
sierrap615
Master Member
sierrap615 is on a distinguished road

I would just like point those ask why where these built? all of the 2010 SKYs and SOLSTICEs share a common RPO: OAR - PRE-PRODUCTION BATCH BUILD.

These were built when there was still a chance of have a full 2010 production year. (which to think was still less then a year ago)

Formerly - Saturn of Downers Grove Parts Department
Current - Castle Chevy in Villa Park Parts Department

EPA 608 Certification
EPA 609 Certification

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sierrap615's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sierrap615 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #39
ChgoBlues

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
astra was a great car but more of an enthusiast car than a high volume car. we have a kia dealer and they are doing similar things that saturn did (moving upscale) but havnt forgotten lower end price. soul from about 13k and forte s from a little less. even the new 2011 sorento, which i think is an amazing vehicle, starts at under 20k.
I don't know. If you look at the number of Astras built and sold worldwide, I'd hardly call it a low volume vehicle. I think to date they have sold 10 million since introduction about 8 years ago? I could be wrong the the start time.

08 Astra XR 3 door
Twilight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards

08 Sky Red Line
Midnight Blue/Blk 5-spd
Splash Guards
Opel GT Antenna

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #40
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

in the us they sold approx 15,000 of them in 2 years. thats not good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!