SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
dishdude
dishdude is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Fair price for 2009 Vue RL?

I found a 2009 RL FWD that is loaded up with nav, sunroof, pretty much every option imaginable. It only has 5k miles on it, but someone took the factory wheels off and replaced them with some tacky chrome wheels, and swapped out the grill. WHY????

Anyways, I am really interested in this car, but I am so worried about resale, overpaying, etc.

Anyone have a clue as to what a fair price would be?

2008 Saturn Aura XE I-4 Techno Gray

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dishdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dishdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 AM   #2
Mgg4591
Mgg4591 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Re: Fair price for 2009 Vue RL?

How much are they asking?

My Guess would be the previous owner freaked out when Saturn shutdown and traded his Vue Asap, being it does only have 5k. Is it a private seller or dealer?

2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4, 94,500 miles
2007 Toyota Camry 2.4, 29,600 miles
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9, 93,700 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mgg4591's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mgg4591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mgg4591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
dishdude
dishdude is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

It's with a wholesaler that picked it up at auction. Asking is 20.5k, I am thinking 15k.

If Saturn was still in business, it would be a smoking deal!

2008 Saturn Aura XE I-4 Techno Gray

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dishdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dishdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
hand-filer
hand-filer is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
It's with a wholesaler that picked it up at auction. Asking is 20.5k, I am thinking 15k.

Good luck with that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
hand-filer

2008 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post

Kelly blue book value is $29,065

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

5k miles is most likly a repo or an actual gm exec car most likly the first

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I doubt you'll get it for 15k, RLs tend to hold value better than non-RLs despite the fact that it's not a hugely comprehensive package.

20k is actually a pretty damn good deal. Actually, it's probably a fixed salvage being an 09 with 5k on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
swhite63
swhite63 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Speaking from experience, NEVER purchase a used vehicle without getting a CarFax, and verifying it is clean. Ideally it would be a personal (not rental or fleet), one owner vehicle with no accidents or body damage. Verify the title is clean, as well. Good luck!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swhite63's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swhite63 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
swhite63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
jimmyfloyd
jimmyfloyd is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I am not quite sure why people are making all these assumptions that just cause it is an 09 with 5k on it, that it is a repo, salvage, or otherwise. It could have been someone who couldn't find an AWD, so settled, only to have an AWD one come up and they upgraded. or someone who bought it, lost their job, and traded it for a lesser car plus cash (dealers will do that) As far as the rims and grill, I would be leaning towards the latter. Or they got mad money coming in, and upgraded to a newer model.

As for the price, it seems like $20k is a great deal. I am not sure how Saturn no longer being around necessitates an automatic $5k off the price either. If you have the cash, go in with $18k cash offer and see where it goes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jimmyfloyd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jimmyfloyd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jimmyfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
SC2BuzzBomb
SC2BuzzBomb is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Kelly blue book value is $29,065
What Blue Book value is that? Certified Pre-Owned? All Saturn's have suffered horrible residual values recently. Just because GM advertised bloated MSRP prices doesn't mean the cars have value, GM put several thousand in incentives on the hoods of those models, and they still are to this day with current offerings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2BuzzBomb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2BuzzBomb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
I am not quite sure why people are making all these assumptions that just cause it is an 09 with 5k on it, that it is a repo, salvage, or otherwise. It could have been someone who couldn't find an AWD, so settled, only to have an AWD one come up and they upgraded. or someone who bought it, lost their job, and traded it for a lesser car plus cash (dealers will do that) As far as the rims and grill, I would be leaning towards the latter. Or they got mad money coming in, and upgraded to a newer model.

As for the price, it seems like $20k is a great deal. I am not sure how Saturn no longer being around necessitates an automatic $5k off the price either. If you have the cash, go in with $18k cash offer and see where it goes.
Because a car that is KBB'ing for almost $30k doesn't usually show up being listed for $9k less than that without some sort of major issue. Even if the dealer got it on a mega deal, they wouldn't pass the savings along on to the consumer unless they had to. And they damn sure wouldn't advertise it as being at that sort of price.

Also, he said it was with a wholesaler who picked it up at auction. Why do you think that it's there? Because it didn't cost enough money for a dealer to buy it, either from the wholesaler or at the auction? If the wholesaler is offering a perfect condition Vue RL with 5k miles for $30k, and the dealers know they can sell it for $25-30k, why wouldn't they buy it unless they knew of some sort of issue with it, such as repo, salvage, etc.?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #12
hand-filer

2008 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2BuzzBomb View Post
What Blue Book value is that? Certified Pre-Owned? All Saturn's have suffered horrible residual values recently. Just because GM advertised bloated MSRP prices doesn't mean the cars have value, GM put several thousand in incentives on the hoods of those models, and they still are to this day with current offerings.
That was certified pre-owned pricing for an AWD loaded version.
I didn't notice until after posting that it's a FWD model.
Kelly Blue Book private party pricing for a mint loaded FWD is $25,265.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #13
hockeydude
hockeydude is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

My guess it it was some moron who did the cash for clunkers and got into a car well above his means, couldn't make the payments and had it repo'd. It's been happening quite a bit lately.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hockeydude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hockeydude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hockeydude is offline   Reply With Quote