SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Welcome ImSaturn Members

A new story entry has been added:

Welcome ImSaturn Members

Quote:
With the pending closure of the ImSaturn social networking site, Saturn has been working closely with me to facilitate a transfer of the most popular "social groups" from the ImSaturn site to SaturnFans.com. The remaining folks at Saturn have a sincere interest in making sure Saturn owners continue to have a place to talk about their cars. As a result, I'm happy to announce the creation of the new "ImSaturn Groups" section here at SaturnFans.com. Now more than ever, it's important for Saturn owners to have a place to share their experiences and get help. The new groups were built to closely mimic the group configuration at ImSaturn. You'll still be able to post photos, as well as send and receive messages from other members. You can also create your own social group!

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning. Now, if you could please fix the broken link at the bottom of the /forums page (when you click on your name, you get a PHP error) you'll be perfect!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
etheriau
etheriau is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning.
I usually don't like to post +1 posts, but this seems worth it. You have done a great job at keeping this site up and running and Saturn fans informed -- congrats on the new acquisition and thanks for keeping the torch burning!

eyt*
http://myscenicdrives.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to etheriau's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help etheriau reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
etheriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
cola
Advanced Member
cola is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
1996 SL

Thanks for all the hard work Charlie!!

2009 Aura XE 2.4-----SOLD
2004 Vue 3.5 AWD
1999 SL2 Auto
1998 SL2 5-Speed------SOLD
1996 SL1 5-Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
IONfan2
IONfan2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1996 SW2

Good work, Charlie.

I am just sad to see the IMSaturn Website disappear...I am a member of that site in addition to Saturnfans.com. This is all hard for me: our local reatailer being closed, the brand being phased out, seeing what the 2012 Aura could have been by looking at the Buick Regal...

A very very VERY sad time.

2002 SC2 (78,000 miles) I LOVE my Saturn! =]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONfan2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONfan2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
IONfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

IMSaturn was unique. Along with the many Saturn employees who were members, many SaturnFans members were there as well. For those who only were familiar with IMSaturn: Welcome to SaturnFans - you are in good company.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
mozartbrian
mozartbrian is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mozartbrian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mozartbrian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mozartbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartbrian View Post
This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

Wow. So, tell us how you really feel.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
saturn 51
saturn 51 is on a distinguished road

hey when did saturn of schaumburg close?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn 51's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn 51 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Thank you for letting us speak out for the love of our Saturn cars Charlie !!

you are a great moderator !

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
saturn 51
saturn 51 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Booring! Lets her some dirt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn 51's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn 51 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartbrian View Post
...I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left.
Unfortunately, that even happens here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
AJR
Advanced Member
AJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn 51 View Post
hey when did saturn of schaumburg close?
I called them for a part on Dec 2nd and got a message that they were closed down. Then on the 19th, I got a letter saying to bring my cars in to them for great savings on service. LOL! Yeah, waste more money on mailings for a closed down operation. And we wonder why GM nearly went under (and still might).

Andy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AJR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AJR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
tgfsaturn
tgfsaturn is on a distinguished road

Thanks Charlie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tgfsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tgfsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tgfsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
10974 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Any input is very welcomed!!!

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 10974's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 10974 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
10974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Idea Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10974 View Post
Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ
Hi Mike , sorry you had to go through all these changes as a Saturn employee . I know in this economy jobs are hard to find and I just hope that whomever took over the Saturn dealership that you worked at offered you a position with there company which ( thank Go. ) has been the case most of the time .
Saturn is gone , its not coming back any time soon . We all love our Saturn's and I personally will be around the Saturn forums for a long time to come .
I believe in the Saturn idea and concept that was presented BY GM a long time ago . I'm disappointed that they picked Saturn as sort of a scapegoat to bail out on during tuff restructuring times with GM and there BK . I feel that it was unnecessary to bail out on Saturn and it definitely should have been handled differently . I also understand that when a company is going through a BK that rash quick decisions can be made which can not be reversed after the decision because its TO LATE .
We are only human and mistakes can and will continue to be made , its what we do after we discover that a mistake has been made that makes a difference.
Sometimes we need to admit out mistakes and carry on .

For instance , I know it will more than likely never happen because of pride, but check this scenario.
What if GM acknowledged that possibly a mistake had been made during very tuff times wall they were going through the BK and that Saturn should have never been scrapped.
What if they decided to re-introduce Saturn ??? could they do that ???
YES ! they most definitely could . Should they do that ?? YES they most definitely should !! would that help GM ??? YES it definitely would !!!
would they ever suck up there pride , admit that mistakes were made and do the right thing ????? I DOUBT IT . lol.

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #17
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10974 View Post

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ
Mike, have you looked at the top of the SaturnFans.com Forum menu lately? There we are. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #18
BoDuke70
BoDuke70 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1997 SC2

This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's.

Saturn Aura was intruduced as a 2007 model. The corresponding Malibu was not until 2008.

By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO.

GM has owned Opel since 1929. Sharing of platforms within a corporation is rather common. What's your point?

To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

Stupid, uneducated, and moronic...like denoting plurality with an apostrophe and an s? And I assume, from your sidebar details, that you drive, insure, and fill with gas one of these "garbage" vehicles, when at any time you could sell it and drive whatever you consider to be a better brand. Between your poor grammar and your failure to prove yourself any better than the "twits" you condemn by continuing to own and operate said garbage, cannot say you have made an impression as one to be rightfully casting any dispersions.

A different kind of parts guy...now in a bow tie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoDuke70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoDuke70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoDuke70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
DesertPuma
DesertPuma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDuke70 View Post
This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's.

Saturn Aura was intruduced as a 2007 model. The corresponding Malibu was not until 2008.

By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO.

GM has owned Opel since 1929. Sharing of platforms within a corporation is rather common. What's your point?

To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

Stupid, uneducated, and moronic...like denoting plurality with an apostrophe and an s? And I assume, from your sidebar details, that you drive, insure, and fill with gas one of these "garbage" vehicles, when at any time you could sell it and drive whatever you consider to be a better brand. Between your poor grammar and your failure to prove yourself any better than the "twits" you condemn by continuing to own and operate said garbage, cannot say you have made an impression as one to be rightfully casting any dispersions.
Although he could have been more eloquent, he has a point. For you see I agree with his main point. He is showing that he drives an '05 VUE with the Ecotec. A "true" Saturn, versus just another GM Clone.

I too share his opinion (as I read between the lines), that Saturn died as soon as they dropped the polymer and were rolling out metal-skinned clones. I don't blame Saturn, I blame GM, and will never even sniff at another GM Clone (the lone exception being the CTS, not cloned anywhere else within GM, not that I know of anyway, but it's out of my.price range anyway, and thus a moot point.)

Now a proud Subie owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DesertPuma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DesertPuma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DesertPuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
BoDuke70
BoDuke70 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1997 SC2

Beg to differ there, Puma. Domestically, the Ion platform was ours first, Outlook platform was ours first...as well as the aforementioned Aura. Can you really call the original a clone? And the Ecotec 2.2L L61 engine in the 05 Vues dates back to 2002, in the Cavalier. Yes, they were all GM engineered vehicles, but GM has always had a part in the Saturn story. We would never have been without GM. Maybe Saturn would still be around had the powers that be left us to what we were originally designed to do, but I suppose no one will ever know.

And even though I would give him my best service should he walk into my facility right now, I just could not let someone call any of my customers twits and morons and let it ride. If you have that Saturn logo on your car, regardless of where you are, where you bought it, and what you may or may not buy from me, you are my customer.

A different kind of parts guy...now in a bow tie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoDuke70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoDuke70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoDuke70 is offline   Reply With Quote