SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #21
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Well said!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
BoDuke70
BoDuke70 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1997 SC2

Saturn owners are the folks who have kept myself and my family fed and housed for 13 years. My company does not own a printing press, it is the owners who put that money in my pocket every month. Nothing is perfect, and if mozartbrian has issues with his current vehicle, myself and other Saturn employees on this site are more than willing to help as we can. But to bash a whole group like that?

Don't want to start a prolonged dustup over this, so will let this dog lie from here. I'm willing to help any way I can, since us Saturn employees have only a limited time left to give back to the folks who believed in us (including mozartbrian) and allowed us to make a living in this world, hopefully we can do as much as possible.

A different kind of parts guy...now in a bow tie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoDuke70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoDuke70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoDuke70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #23
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDuke70 View Post
I'm willing to help any way I can, since us Saturn employees have only a limited time left to give back to the folks who believed in us (including mozartbrian) and allowed us to make a living in this world, hopefully we can do as much as possible.
I don't see the support here on SF stopping any time soon, even long after the last Saturn facility closes. Saturns will be on the road for years to come and those of us fortunate to work at a Saturn facility have all the right stuff instilled in us to carry with us wherever we go.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
BoDuke70
BoDuke70 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1997 SC2

Good point...don't plan on suddenly turning off the tap on anyone, but won't have all the access and sources we enjoy now.

A different kind of parts guy...now in a bow tie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoDuke70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoDuke70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoDuke70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #25
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well. News really has not been updated, and the forums have not been really that active since December.

This is a great site, but it is up to the saturn owners to keeep it great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well. News really has not been updated, and the forums have not been really that active since December.

This is a great site, but it is up to the saturn owners to keeep it great.
Um, perhaps you need to look into the other forums on SF???.
Charlie just had a new addition to his family. I'm sure that is keeping him and Mrs. Charlie quite busy.

We're not going anywhere, but if you do get easily bored and stray, we'll leave a light on for ya.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #27
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

I have always thought the site was a great tool for saturn owners, but the site is going to have to change a bit if it wants to live on.

Why one might ask

The Home Page has to change in format or content, Saturn will never have new news and a home page that has no new news or does not change wil die.

The forms page is great.

Maybe a future saturnalia site would the Current Saturn Home Page or content that was on it. Like this site i found.

http://www.nknet.com/twa/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 AM   #28
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
I have always thought the site was a great tool for saturn owners, but the site is going to have to change a bit if it wants to live on.

Why one might ask

The Home Page has to change in format or content, Saturn will never have new news and a home page that has no new news or does not change wil die.

The forms page is great.

Maybe a future saturnalia site would the Current Saturn Home Page or content that was on it. Like this site i found.

http://www.nknet.com/twa/

Unfortunately Charlie doesn't make a living running Saturnfans. So there is no way that he can spend every waking moment constantly updating the Saturnfans homepage like you describe, its just not possible. IMO he has done an outstanding job creating a site where we can all come together as Saturn owners and discuss our vehicles. I don't see Saturnfans dying anytime soon so long as our rather loyal group of fans keeps coming back to talk about our crazy plastic bodied cars

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #29
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

I agree that the Home page must change ....eventually. And I'm sure that Charlie, time willing will do that. Many of the newer members are unaware of the hard work Charlie has done to keep this site up and running and it continues to run strong. While Saturn is still open there will be some news about Service and other items. When the last door closes, I'm sure Charlie and SaturnFans will adapt and adjust.

FWIW, I have noticed anyways that there are a number of Forum users that apparently from the content of their posts bypass the Home page to go straight to the Forums anyways.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #30
tphill5999
tphill5999 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
I agree that the Home page must change ....eventually. And I'm sure that Charlie, time willing will do that. Many of the newer members are unaware of the hard work Charlie has done to keep this site up and running and it continues to run strong. While Saturn is still open there will be some news about Service and other items. When the last door closes, I'm sure Charlie and SaturnFans will adapt and adjust.

FWIW, I have noticed anyways that there are a number of Forum users that apparently from the content of their posts bypass the Home page to go straight to the Forums anyways.

Maybe Charlie can redo the homepage to send people to the forums with a new section like the following for Ecotoec engines at ecotecforum.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tphill5999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tphill5999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tphill5999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #31
midway
midway is a jewel in the roughmidway is a jewel in the roughmidway is a jewel in the rough

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I for one just found this site last week and I plan to be around for awhile on this site. This forum is like most it is made up of people with a common interest. I am a member of several boating forums, one brand specific, all the others are, for lack of a better term, generic. Most have brand specific threads in them, two that I know of has a thread for just about every boat brand made, they go on daily because of the members. This forum just like many brand specific forums in the boating world will go on because we now depend on each other for help whether it be in repairs or even locating parts. There will probably be some changes but overall this place will survive because of its members.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to midway's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help midway reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #32
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

I agree. I also think we will see less and less of the trolls and Saturn bashers as time goes on, because now their arguments are more or less moot. Boredom will send them elsewhere, leaving those who actually enjoy their Saturns an improved atmosphere on the site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #33
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

The "trolls" won't bad talk saturn or american cars anymore. They all have Toyotas!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #34
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uklinksoflondon View Post
It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well.
I seriousy doubt that. As long as there are Saturns on the road, this site will still get traffic. More so onec current model come out of warrenty and more people start doing theit own work. They'll need advice from other owners.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #35
landing1
landing1 is on a distinguished road

And to add to bodukes point, the Ecotec engine was first used through Saturn in 99' for the 2000 model year L series. Wow,now GMs "global engine" Ecotec was first in a Saturn. One more thing to add the Ecotecs were build in Spring Hill, TN!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to landing1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help landing1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
landing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #36
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by landing1 View Post
And to add to bodukes point, the Ecotec engine was first used through Saturn in 99' for the 2000 model year L series. Wow,now GMs "global engine" Ecotec was first in a Saturn. One more thing to add the Ecotecs were build in Spring Hill, TN!
Actually the origins of our belolved Ecotecs began with Opel which unbeknownst to many, Saturn had much in common.
Here's some interesting info on the Ecotec engine history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine#Ecotec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_II_engine#Ecotec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecotec

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!