SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default E-mail from Saturn: "Service for your Saturn now and in the future."

I received this e-mail last Thursday from Saturn. Pehaps some here have as well? However, I haven't seen anything posted here yet, so I thought I'd share:

----- Original Message -----
To: xxx@xxx
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:55 AM
Subject: Service for your Saturn now and in the future.

Introducing Saturn Authorized Service Providers.
If you are unable to view the images in this email, view it in your Web browser.

To ensure you receive your Saturn emails, please add
Saturn_Team@emails.Saturn.com to your Address Book.

Dear xxxx,

On October 19, 2009, we sent a letter with the news that the sale of Saturn could not be finalized and as a result, the Saturn brand will be phased out over the next year. Reading letters you sent in, as well as the thoughts that were posted on saturn.com, has been an emotional and uplifting journey.

It's clear that we enjoyed something "different" and special as members of the Saturn Family, and we'll all miss that bond. Looking ahead, we want to assure you that we remain deeply committed to all Saturn owners.

Here's what it means to you.
Over the next year, as Saturn retail facilities close, we will be launching a network of Saturn Authorized Service Providers. Our plan is to have these service providers in place as Saturn closes its stores. Although we have some catching up to do for the ones that have closed over the past year, we should have a solid presence of providers in place by the end of 2010.

You may have already received a message from us, letting you know the name of your Saturn Authorized Service Provider. Rest assured, they are committed to providing the same level of service as when you first purchased your vehicle.

If you have not heard from us, it is likely that your Saturn Retailer is still open for business. We will notify you when an authorized service provider is in place.

Your Saturn Authorized Service Provider is easy to find.
Simply use the dealer locator tools on saturn.com or gm.com. When you search by ZIP Code, both Saturn Retailers and Saturn Authorized Service Providers will be displayed.

When you visit for the first time, look for the logo below; it's a sign of our ongoing commitment to you and your Saturn vehicle. You can be sure we're doing all we can to make you feel right at home, from offering technicians' expert training and the proper tools to providing you with genuine Saturn parts and friendly, knowledgeable people.

If you have any questions, please call our Customer Assistance Center at 1.800.553.6000 and speak to a representative or send your questions to cac@saturn.com. Our representatives will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Your Saturn Customer Care Team

Robin Sutton Tom Folger

This is an email advertisement. If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing emails regarding GM vehicles, click here. To review the GM Privacy Statement, click here. For copyright and trademark information, click here.

The marks of General Motors, its divisions, slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs and other marks appearing in this email are the trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. 2010 General Motors. Buckle up, America!

General Motors | 100 Renaissance Center | 482.A00.MAR | Detroit, MI 48265

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
scotydoc
scotydoc is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2009 Astra XE
Default Re: E-mail from Saturn: "Service for your Saturn now and in the future."

My Saturn dealership is now a Chevy,Mazda,BMW dealership that will do Saturn certified service. I have contacted GM dealerships that are closer to my home. No luck getting service. In fact two them one Chevy one GMC (GMC is New at a cost of 4.2 million in 2007) are going out of business. So I guess it's back to the the old Saturn dealership. Checked GM website for service in my case only one dealership is a Saturn service site in the TRI-County of Cincinnati,Ohio

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotydoc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotydoc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
scotydoc

2006 VUE 3.5L
2009 Astra XE
Default UPDATE "Service for your Saturn now and in the future."

UPDATE

Yesterday, I received an email from Saturn. It ask me to choose a local Saturn dealership for service in the Cincinnati metro. Well, my Saturn dealership were I purchased 3 Saturn's was not on the list( now a Chevy,Mazda,BMW). Having to choose a new dealership was no problem as the first choice was the same distance in miles. OK for now but I am sure this dealership will close or change it's service program.
My old dealership says it is still is a Saturn service center but not on the official list ??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help scotydoc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Kybuck
Kybuck will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: E-mail from Saturn: "Service for your Saturn now and in the future."

After reading this, I checked the Saturn website - the nearest Saturn dealer is 15 miles away (the one I used for my last service after the dealer a mile away closed), and the nearest Saturn "authorized service provider" is closer to 20 miles away. But then I called the Chevy dealer a mile away, and they said they do Saturn warranty and service work. (My AURA is unfortunately sitting there right now due to battery problems).

So the best bet is to call any local remaining GM dealers to check, even if they aren't listed on Saturn's website.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kybuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kybuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
scotydoc

2006 VUE 3.5L
2009 Astra XE

Just received a letter from my closed Saturn dealership. They will service Saturn at their Chevy Dealership. Basically they have the Techs and Saturn service equipment moved to this site. Also 3 of the Saturn dealerships are closed in the greater Cincinnati,Ohio that leaves only 2. One on the North side and one on the west side for now. I don't even want to see what the trade-in value is on my 2 Saturns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Gibbles
Gibbles is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I got a letter from my local dealership letting us know they were staying in business and some cupons.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gibbles's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gibbles reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
TechnoAura
TechnoAura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotydoc View Post
Just received a letter from my closed Saturn dealership. They will service Saturn at their Chevy Dealership. Basically they have the Techs and Saturn service equipment moved to this site. Also 3 of the Saturn dealerships are closed in the greater Cincinnati,Ohio that leaves only 2. One on the North side and one on the west side for now. I don't even want to see what the trade-in value is on my 2 Saturns.
Scotydoc,

As of February 1st of this year, Saturn of Western Hills will become Jake Sweeney Mazda West. I guess that's only one retailer. Assuming, of course, that one remaining retailer has not yet closed.

2011 Buick Regal CXL RL2
Previous Saturns:
2007 Aura XE, Auto, Techno Grey with Grey Cloth
2005 Ion III, Manual, Black with Grey Leather
1999 SL2, Manual, Dark Blue with Grey Leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TechnoAura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TechnoAura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TechnoAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

I would becareful of your Saturn dealer saying they will still work on your car. If it's warranty work, make sure they are still authorized by GM to do the warranty work or you may get stuck with the bill. My Saturn dealer was nice enough to let me know this before they did any work. In the Saturn website they are linking everybody it seems to a Chevy dealer.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
Marc001
Marc001 is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
1992 SL1

As the Saturn Aura is made in the same plant as the Chevrolet, I would have preferred that the Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer in Thousand Oaks, CA honor Saturn warranties. Since they won't, the nearest Authorized Saturn Dealer is in Oxnard 20 miles away. The Saturn customer service line told me GM dealers can honor Saturn Warranties but have the option to decline. I feel like I'm still a Saturn customer but not necessarily a GM customer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Marc001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Marc001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Marc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
CptMatt
CptMatt is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I got lucky, Mike Andersen Chevrolet, here in Chicago, got themselves made an authorized Saturn Service Center. They are just a couple blacks down from where Saturn of Chicago used to be and there are a lot of Saturns in the neighborhood.

Now I won't have to schlep out to Glenview to get work done. And I won't have to deal with their service department, either.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CptMatt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CptMatt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CptMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
cobalt
cobalt is on a distinguished road

My Saturn Dealer is now selling Subaru's & will become a Subaru dealer only Aug 1st....I received a letter from them stating they were going to open a Chevrolet dealership next to their now Subaru dealership & they will be providing Saturn service & warrranty repairs at the Chevrolet dealership & their Saturn mechanics will working there. So that, will really help going in for warranty or service work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cobalt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cobalt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

saturn signs can stay up thru october. once they are down they cannot do any saturn or gm warranty work so saturns will need to go to a gm dealer. all gm dealers can do warranty work on saturns but for some strange reason some dont want to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
OZARKJAY
OZARKJAY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
My Saturn Dealer is now selling Subaru's & will become a Subaru dealer only Aug 1st....I received a letter from them stating they were going to open a Chevrolet dealership next to their now Subaru dealership & they will be providing Saturn service & warrranty repairs at the Chevrolet dealership & their Saturn mechanics will working there. So that, will really help going in for warranty or service work.
Took my 08 Aura XE to the local Chevy store last week friday for it's second oil change at 5,900 miles. Used the 4 free oil change and tire rotation card I received from GM. When I got back home 3 miles later after the dealership had closed I checked the oil and found it was a quart above full and was dirty looking, also noticed the wheels had not been rotated. So I drove back to the dealer monday to raise hell , but they were closed for the long weekend.
I threw the card in the trash with 3 freebies left on it.
Yesterday I took the car to a local shop and paid for a real oil change and rotation.
Hope I never need to go back for @#$% warranty work ever!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OZARKJAY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OZARKJAY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OZARKJAY is offline   Reply With Quote