SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
ziggo99
ziggo99 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default New from Southern Illinois

Hello all. Little bit of background. I've been driving a 1999 Honda Accord EX-L v6 for the past two years, but it's be in my family since 2004. It was the "beater" car per say, but it was still in the same conditions as the other cars we owned. We couldn't go to a used car dealer and find even new cars in the same shape (what do people do with their wheels, grind them against every curb?) In any case, as of last night, I now drive a 2008 Saturn Aura XR-6 in Ocean Mist. We almost bought a Hybrid a couple years back, but Saturn didn't accept the GM Card earnings rebate until after we had purchased another vehicle. I was even offered a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cylinder or a new 2009 Saturn Aura XE, but I was set on this one. The road noise is much quieter than the Honda was, the amount of features it has is great, the advanced sound system that was on it sounds terrific, with plenty of bass. The color is is unique, and I can't wait till spring to shine it up It's a whole lot more care than the one I was driving. I'll post a picture of it later once the 5" of snow we just got melts. But I have three questions

1. How long is everyone going between oil changes and with what brand/type of oil?

2. Has anyone else had a problem with the change lid by the driver door not wanting to close when it's cold? I had that problem last night and I thought it was broke.

3. What's a good replacement tire that has low noise, has good wet and dry grip and has 40,00+ tread life?

Thanks everyone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ziggo99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ziggo99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ziggo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
thomascreation
thomascreation is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New from Southern Illinois

+1 for Illinois

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thomascreation's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thomascreation reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thomascreation is offline   Reply With Quote