SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
scoutinkeith
scoutinkeith is on a distinguished road

Default traction control, and ABS lights came on?

I've got an 08 vue(it's a base moddle, 4cylinder, front wheel drive), with just over 37K miles on it. Today, on my way back to work from lunch, the "traction control"(the one that comes on if you spin a tire), "traction control off", and "ABS" lights all came on at the same time. My first thought was that one of the sensors had been knocked loose, seeing as how we have had snow here for the last several days. I looked it over kinda quickly, and did not see anything that looked out of place, and the sensors that I could see, without laying in the snow, seemed to be plugged in and tight.

Could this be an indicator to a much bigger problem? Or is it most likely just due to all the snow and slush being under there for the last couple of days?

Thanks for any advice,
Keith

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scoutinkeith's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scoutinkeith reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scoutinkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
BluVu
BluVu is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: traction control, and ABS lights came on?

A similar thing happened to me, my ABS and traction lights came on, turned out there was a sensor wire on one of the front tires that had come loose and was chafing against the spinning wheel, so it was giving a false wheelspeed reading. It was a pretty quick fix at the dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BluVu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BluVu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BluVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Z33Fan
Z33Fan is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: traction control, and ABS lights came on?

Same thing happened to me during our recent cold snap in the Pacific NW. Went away within an hour or two of driving; I'll be checking ABS wires on next tire rotation.

Of course, I almost put it in the ditch on an icy reverse camber curve right after the lights came on. We've taken for granted just how good TCS and ABS are at controlling our vehicles, I think.

A good idea for anyone that does service themselves. Doesn't take much to check for loose wires, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Z33Fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Z33Fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Z33Fan is offline   Reply With Quote