SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
bboy29
bboy29 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2
Default schrader valve?

Ok first off I am not a mechanic, I have done some work to my SC2 in the past 6 months that I would have never thought possible and wouldn't be w/o the help of this forum. Now this is going to be a dumb question to most, but where the heck is this valve at? I need to change my fuel filter and also I need to test my injectors (also what do these look like).

I'm pretty handy when I know what I'm looking for. With the help of this forum I've changed the water pump, ECTS, timing chain kit, spark plugs and wires, cleaned the trottle body (thx richpin!) and EGR, and I think I would be able to perform the fuel filter task as well as test the injector but I don't know what or where to look on my car. I have the haynes manual but the pic looks nothing like my car Any help would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bboy29's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bboy29 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bboy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
saturncrzy
saturncrzy will become famous soon enough

1992 SL2
1997 SC2
Default Re: schrader valve?

your fuel filter should sit on the driver side fire wall. if you are looking down at ur motor from the front look down by your brake master cylinder to the right and it should be attached to the frame there. Now when you locate your FF follow the line coming from the FF and you should see the valve. it attaches to the fuel rail, and the valve should be there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncrzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncrzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturncrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
bboy29
bboy29 is on a distinguished road

1999 SC2

I was under the impression that the fuel filter on my '99 was right in front of the fuel tank

on the fuel rail where is the valve itself? closer to the driver's side of the engine or the pass. side?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bboy29's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bboy29 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bboy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
saturncrzy

1992 SL2
1997 SC2

the shradder valve is on the fuel rail and if you are looking at the engine it will be on the driver side.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturncrzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
madpogue
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold

1996 SW2

"Schrader valve" isn't a particular part, it's a type of valve. Your tires have schrader valves. The gauge/test valve on the fuel line leading up to the fuel rail is a schrader valve. It's on the vertical section of hard fuel line, just "upstream" of the fuel rail.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
"Schrader valve" isn't a particular part, it's a type of valve. Your tires have schrader valves. The gauge/test valve on the fuel line leading up to the fuel rail is a schrader valve. It's on the vertical section of hard fuel line, just "upstream" of the fuel rail.
This is the only correct info for the OP's car to this point. Info for older Saturns isn't applicable to the OP's car in this case.

The test port/valve is located right in the middle of the fuel rail between fuel injectors 2 & 3. The fitting is plastic and located near the rear (firewall side) of the valve cover.

The fuel filter is NOT located near the firewall on 1998-2002 S-Series. In 1998 they changed to a returnless fuel system and moved the fuel filter underneath the car closest to the rear driver's side wheel.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 150K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
saturncrzy

1992 SL2
1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
The fuel filter is NOT located near the firewall on 1998-2002 S-Series. In 1998 they changed to a returnless fuel system and moved the fuel filter underneath the car closest to the rear driver's side wheel.
thank you for clarifying this for me, see i have a 97sc2 as well and i thought it was the same, i never really understood why they always gotta move stuff around on the car like that, or add stuff. man why cant it just be all the same.lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!