SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
FearsOfWar
FearsOfWar is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
Default 02 Saturn sl1 p0410 code

I keep getting a 0410 code, so I was just gonna replace the parts (air pump, vent solenoid, one-way check valve, secondary injection hose) but I can't seem to find them. Anybody know a place that sells them? I can find the pump, but the others are a no-go.

Also, what's the drive cycle for me to reset the code? I don't want to pay Saturn to do it first off, and I can't, cause the only dealership in town changed to Kia.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FearsOfWar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FearsOfWar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FearsOfWar is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default Re: 02 Saturn sl1 p0410 code

I would recommend doing a little research on this code on this site before buying any parts.

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to richpin06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help richpin06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
FearsOfWar

2002 SL1

I have. I've read the description on obd-codes.com. I'm going to replace the air pump fuse first, but was asking this question just in case that doesn't cover it. I also intend to run the drive cycle afterwards, but I can't find the cycle to reset the code anywhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help FearsOfWar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
cfg83
Advanced Member
cfg83 is on a distinguished road

FearsOfWar -

Did you watch Richpin's video on this? :

PO410 Secondary Air injection System Troubleshooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrmkxj6wJE

richpin06 -

Your Youtube has P(letter "O")410 in the title, not P(number zero)410.

CarloSW2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfg83's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfg83 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
rogerx
rogerx is on a distinguished road

2000 SW2
2006 ION-2 Sedan

this is how i fix code p0410. you must clean out the entire air injection system, it will plug up with carbon that must be removed. you should get new gaskets , head to exhaust manifold and manifold to exhaust pipe. i use fel pro brand. first remove the a/c compressor. you must remove the exhaust manifold and clean the ports in the manifold, it is a slot across the back of the manifold that will plug solid with carbon. you must also clean the small port in the head just above each exhaust port. use a 3/16 drill bit in a cordless drill. then use a piece of stiff wire with a 90 degree bend in it to clean out the small hole that goes from the exhaust port to the small port that you just drilled out. also clean out the tube that goes from the exhaust manifold to the diverter valve. the diverter valve may also be bad, take it apart and look at the check valve. it is just a flap of metal that flexes back and forth. their is usually so much carbon on the seat of the valve that it holds the valve plate open. i just get a new valve from the saturn dealer. the air pump could be bad but i have not seen this. the ecm will only run the pump for a short time when the engine is cold. most of the time this code will only set in cooler weather because the pump should be on for a longer time. if you take the time to clean everything to a like new condition and get a new diverter valve the code should not come back

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rogerx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rogerx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rogerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
FearsOfWar

2002 SL1

Thanks everybody! Looks like it'll have to wait until my weekend to get this done.

Thankfully the car still runs about as perfect as you can expect from a 261K mile vehicle. The constant SES light is just annoying as crap, and I've been being robbed of an MPG or 2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
richpin06
richpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the roughrichpin06 is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post

richpin06 -

Your Youtube has P(letter "O")410 in the title, not P(number zero)410.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/richpin06a

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to richpin06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help richpin06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
richpin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
FearsOfWar

2002 SL1

I reset the code this morning, the SES light turned back on this morning, but sometime over the day, it turned back off.

This happen to anyone before?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #9
cfg83
Advanced Member
cfg83 is on a distinguished road

FearsOfWar -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearsOfWar View Post
I reset the code this morning, the SES light turned back on this morning, but sometime over the day, it turned back off.

This happen to anyone before?
*Sigh*, I turn mine off almost once a day with my Scangauge. I haven't noticed it turn itself off because I am turning it off myself. I will leave it be and see if it goes away. It would kind of make sense, because sometimes the error doesn't happen. Maybe enough "clean" starts turns it off.

CarloSW2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfg83's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfg83 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote