SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
bucky katt
bucky katt is on a distinguished road

Default i need my account deleted

i have never seen such an unhelpful bunch in my life. i dont give a rats ass about how i shouldnt do something. the motorcycle forums i belong to will tell someone how to do something regardless of how they feel about whether it should or shouldnt be done. if i wanted to be treated like this i'd ask my wife for advice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bucky katt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bucky katt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bucky katt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: i need my account deleted

Wow... what set this off?

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
Wow... what set this off?
I think because he wants to mod his '94 SW1 and everyone told him not to. but he's got some mad skillz and knows better than everyone else.

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Oy... yea, I did some poking around.

Appreciate it for what it is...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
I think because he wants to mod his '94 SW1 and everyone told him not to. but he's got some mad skillz and knows better than everyone else.
Common sense tells you can't tell somebody who knows everything, anything new...

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Teh_Freak
Teh_Freak is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosaturns View Post
I'd say he has 'mad skillz' judging from what he's said about his mechanical experience.

Quote:
Appreciate it for what it is...
Some people don't want a stock vehicle, some people want to modify it for whatever reason, the problem is that most people weren't trying to help him to get the project he wanted to do done; instead, they tried steering him off course and did nothing but discourage the build. If there were some tips or something about how he could get the job done as well, that'd be one thing, but just telling someone that something can't be done (or shouldn't), and that be the end of it, isn't much help. Personally, I don't blame the guy for his outlook.

-- Jon --
Red 2008 Saturn Astra XR3 (2008 - 2012 RIP) :(
Black 1987 Porsche 944
Blue 2012 Ford Focus (On Order)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teh_Freak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teh_Freak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teh_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
SaturnRaycer
SaturnRaycer is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I just read his posts. I feel sorry for the guy - there seem to be some major issues in his life.

In the A/C thread, people suggested things to try and troubleshoot the problem and he got angry and blew them off. The best answer was that because of the ambient temps, his concern (aux cooling fan not kicking in when the AC was started) couldn't be duplicated.

In the E-85 thread, I agree. Most posters were venting their personal agendas about E-85. He did finally say it was probably a bad idea.

In the More power from the SOHC w/AT thread, he seemed to come around to the idea that the best route was to source a Twin-Cam engine and trans, but then he went ballistic again.

Help and suggestions were offered from people who know their subjects. It is his choice to diss them; and his loss.

Charlie, Can you help Bucky Katt with his latest request?

Rex
2008 Astra XR
5 dr, 5 spd, sport package
Black Sapphire

If you're going to wave, use all your fingers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnRaycer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnRaycer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnRaycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Freak View Post
Some people don't want a stock vehicle, some people want to modify it for whatever reason, the problem is that most people weren't trying to help him to get the project he wanted to do done; instead, they tried steering him off course and did nothing but discourage the build. If there were some tips or something about how he could get the job done as well, that'd be one thing, but just telling someone that something can't be done (or shouldn't), and that be the end of it, isn't much help. Personally, I don't blame the guy for his outlook.
We're talking about an 85HP SOHC TBI 1.9... there isn't much you can do to it. All I see are people telling him this. It's a bit of a waste of time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnRaycer View Post
Help and suggestions were offered from people who know their subjects. It is his choice to diss them; and his loss.

I normally would not respond to this sort of thing, but as I read all the posts I saw that several members had taken a good amount of time to explain the processes involved in upgrading, the parts needed, and the approximate cost (which the poster emphasized was a big factor).

SaturnRaycer is right. Help was offered from responsible SaturnFans who did not want to see a FELLOW MEMBER make a wrong decision and spend a lot of money on a daily driver with 450,000 miles.

If he wants to mod, he should be looking more at working on his 1970 car as the result could be much more satisfying and would not leave him without transportation while he was doing the work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Teh_Freak
Teh_Freak is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
We're talking about an 85HP SOHC TBI 1.9... there isn't much you can do to it. All I see are people telling him this. It's a bit of a waste of time.
Doesn't matter, he said he just wanted to give it some extra push, not turn the thing into a racer; and who are we to care if it's a 'waste of time', maybe not to the OP. It's his time and money, not ours.

-- Jon --
Red 2008 Saturn Astra XR3 (2008 - 2012 RIP) :(
Black 1987 Porsche 944
Blue 2012 Ford Focus (On Order)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teh_Freak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teh_Freak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teh_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky katt View Post
i have never seen such an unhelpful bunch in my life. i dont give a rats ass about how i shouldnt do something. the motorcycle forums i belong to will tell someone how to do something regardless of how they feel about whether it should or shouldnt be done. if i wanted to be treated like this i'd ask my wife for advice.
"if i wanted to be treated like this i'd ask my wife for advice"

sooo....it our fault someone has an unhappy marriage?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Doesn't matter, he said he just wanted to give it some extra push, not turn the thing into a racer; and who are we to care if it's a 'waste of time', maybe not to the OP. It's his time and money, not ours.
I could care less if it was his own time & money. When he disses people with foul language who have given their advice & who have been here for awhile, he gets what he deserves. He asked for an opinion, and our members gave their's. Nobody was rude to him. They just laid the cards on the table for him. If he had any class and disagreed with them, he should have kept his mouth shut.

End of story.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

wellllll that was entertaining..

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

popcorn please...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Quote:
7psi of "extra push" netted less then stock DOHC power.........

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote