SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL2
1997 SW2
Default GM sending out letters

Saw this news article tonight....

apparently GM is starting to send out incentive letters to entice those owners (including Saturn owners which will start receiving letters early January 2010) to get them to move over to one of the remaining 4 brand left under the GM umbrella.

Article/Info here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/24/r...nchise-cust%2F

Bryan

94 SL2 225K Miles
97 SW2 255K Miles

Garaged
94 SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

Never Forget
94 SC1 340,501 Miles
Original Engine/Auto Trans
02/97-10/08
Gone 03/12

92 SL1
05 VUE
91 SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
ttreibel
Advanced Member
ttreibel is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
2002 SL1
Default Re: GM sending out letters

Good luck with that.....I was hoping they would bump all our warranties to 10/150....

1995 SL1 oil burner school commuter looks nice...1997 SL1 Gold 5-speed with new junk yard wheels and tires just got 40.4 MPG....2002 SL1 sometimes 45 MPG on a spring highway drive

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ttreibel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ttreibel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ttreibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

50% off of any of their distressed merchandise is not incentive enough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

I'll buy GM and support the American worker if they have anything I want when I'm ready to buy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Their never ending list of incentives is nauseating.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about2NDSOUT has a spectacular aura about

1994 SL2
1997 SW2

Yeah...I'm not planning to buy anything for awhile. Just thought I would post this out here to those folks that may be of interest...I'm sure that we will all (as Saturn owners), be seeing these incentive letters at the beginning of January 2010...

I think that I have made a decision, that as long as Henderson and company (Lutz and the Brood) are running GM (into the ground)...I'll be sticking to the used car market for quite awhile.

Bryan

94 SL2 225K Miles
97 SW2 255K Miles

Garaged
94 SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

Never Forget
94 SC1 340,501 Miles
Original Engine/Auto Trans
02/97-10/08
Gone 03/12

92 SL1
05 VUE
91 SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Citation84
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
I'll buy GM and support the American worker if they have anything I want when I'm ready to buy.
Yeah, I respect that and have never owned any foreign branded or built cars.

But after watching this story unfold for a couple of decades and the death grip GM and the UAW have on each other's throats, plus the fact I am already an unwilling contributor to the biggest of all welfare muthas as a consequence of corporate greed,shortsightedness and UAW thuggery, I figure my duty to the "American Worker" has been paid. Anything else is a condescending act of charity.

Let's say I used to be loyal, till I realized it was only going in one direction. An empty feel good gesture. That's my opinion, not disrespecting yours or even trying to persuade you otherwise. My time as a buyer of GM products is done. Ford maybe. American built non GM non union brand; will consider.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
you're supporting them anyway whether you buy GM or not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
VUEmaniac
Advanced Member
VUEmaniac will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
you're supporting them anyway whether you buy GM or not.
Yep. Every time you pay your taxes you're supporting those clods now. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like you'd feel after a nice warm bowl of yogurt chased with a warm Budweiser and then hopping on a roller coaster.

“Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.”
― Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
SC2SkyVue
SC2SkyVue is on a distinguished road

Re: GM sending out letters

How about we just ignore their little letters and requests

just like they ignored our letters during the past year

asking them to keep the SATURN spirit alive?

2007 SKY RL
2004 VUE RL
1996 SC2CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2SkyVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2SkyVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2SkyVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
steadler
steadler is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Got the letter last week!
$1000 no thanks!

2008 AURA XE 3.5
TECHO GRAY
mfg june '08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steadler's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steadler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2SkyVue View Post
Re: GM sending out letters

How about we just ignore their little letters and requests

just like they ignored our letters during the past year

asking them to keep the SATURN spirit alive?

I somehow think they are sending out more letters than they received.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
SC2SkyVue
SC2SkyVue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
I somehow think they are sending out more letters than they received.
That's for sure and Pontiac owners are getting the same dumb junkmail advertising.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2SkyVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2SkyVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2SkyVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

looking forward to my letter from GM. I'll treat it like a 1960s draft card

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84 View Post
Yeah, I respect that and have never owned any foreign branded or built cars.

But after watching this story unfold for a couple of decades and the death grip GM and the UAW have on each other's throats, plus the fact I am already an unwilling contributor to the biggest of all welfare muthas as a consequence of corporate greed,shortsightedness and UAW thuggery, I figure my duty to the "American Worker" has been paid. Anything else is a condescending act of charity.

Let's say I used to be loyal, till I realized it was only going in one direction. An empty feel good gesture. That's my opinion, not disrespecting yours or even trying to persuade you otherwise. My time as a buyer of GM products is done. Ford maybe. American built non GM non union brand; will consider.

I wouldn't blame you if you went to Ford. By 2012, save for the Econoline, which received the F-Series truck grille for 2008, the oldest vehicle in the line would be the Edge crossover.

I don't think it will be as easy as the new GM thinks to reel in all the disgruntled Pontiac and Saturn owners leery of being treated like red headed stepchildren. It will probably take a sea change in public perception and continuous hit product from the core brands to get the results GM seeks.

2004 Ion and 2006 Vue in the family.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post
I wouldn't blame you if you went to Ford. By 2012, save for the Econoline, which received the F-Series truck grille for 2008, the oldest vehicle in the line would be the Edge crossover.
you forgot the Ford Ranger

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
Ashkicker
Ashkicker is on a distinguished road

GM totally ignored the outpouring of brand loyalty of us Saturn family, and unilaterally decided to replace our economical and dependable "S" Series platform with retagged Euro-Junk manufactured by their bankrupt Opel Division.

If GM offered me 50% discount on one of their current products, I would probably decline for fear that a single penny of my purchase might end up in the pocket of some GM executive who destroyed Saturn.

For my next new car purchase I'll first look for "A different kind of car and a different kind of car company" RIP Mr. Goodwrench and your sales floor pals.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ashkicker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ashkicker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ashkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

how exactly is the Edge the oldest vehicle?

also, even though it's not their oldest vehicle still in production, it's one of them.. the Mustang line is gettin pretty old...

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkicker View Post
GM totally ignored the outpouring of brand loyalty of us Saturn family, and unilaterally decided to replace our economical and dependable "S" Series platform with retagged Euro-Junk manufactured by their bankrupt Opel Division.
Please... they replaced an aging platform that wasn't without its problems with the ION and the Delta platform. The Astra was a geat car that was victim of poor marketing and market research.
Quote:
If GM offered me 50% discount on one of their current products, I would probably decline for fear that a single penny of my purchase might end up in the pocket of some GM executive who destroyed Saturn.
It wasn't some GM executive who destroyed Saturn... teams of lackluster marketing folk and designers destroyed Saturn.

People need to get a grip... it's marketing an economics, it's not like someone shot your puppy.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #20
Citation84
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

I understand the economic imperatives that forced GM to choose what to keep and what needed to go, and seeing a favorite automotive brand go is sad.

My own reasons for giving up on GM are many and varied,the least of which is vengeance toward their decision to kill Saturn and Pontiac.

I think watching the arrogant performance of that putz Wagoner sitting up there in front of our so called 'leaders' in DC with that pissed off look on his face that said "This is GM! Just give us the frigging money, we don't need no stinking plan" helped push me over the edge.

What GM did with Saturn is emblematic of the entire corporation's mismanagement. And after reading "On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors" by John Delorean just recently it looks like not much has actually changed through 2009. Same entrenched corporate hacks and bean counters running it as before the bankruptcy.

GR98SL: Yes, it will take decades of successful trouble free products for GM to win anyone back that they've already lost. That means no more cutting corners on ignition switches, interior plastics, intermediate steering shafts, sturt and sway bar bushings etc etc etc no more rebadged clones and the other crap they've been getting away with for years.

There's a reason GM went bankrupt and $1000.00 loyalty vouchers aren't going to win anyone back any time soon. As a matter of fact: $1000.00 is an insult.

Barely pays for the premature failures of the alternators, transmissions,A/C compressors,
brakes, heater cores, head gaskets and on and on that I have had to shell out for in the past on my GM cars. GM screwed me because I was loyal. Now they screw me through the taxes I pay. And I should take that voucher and use it on another one of their cars ??????
\Two letters back to GM- F.U.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!