SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
MyOutlookonLife
MyOutlookonLife is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: GM May Complete Saturn Shutdown by the End of March, Not October 2010 as Previous

It has always amazed me when I see people as uninformed as this.
Is it:
"I don't know the real story so I'll make something up..."?
"I think this is what happened so I will say..."?
or
"I am an idiot - hear me roar"?

To clear things up:
Jill took early retirement BEFORE the Penske deal fell apart so she could join the Penske team. There is no Penske/Saturn so she is now with Penske/Smart so it is VERY apparent that Jill did NOT have a non-compete in place as she is now with SmartUSA.
Jill was one of the biggest champions of Saturn you would have wanted to have in your corner.
Now did Jill run Saturn into the ground? gawd.... Was she in charge during the 10 years that GM starved Saturn for new products? Or when new products came was it her that rebadged the crap cars given? Or when the great products that Saturn had in 2007 came around was it her idea not to advertise? $10 million for Aura / $100 million on Malibu? Nuff said there....

And for heavens sakes, parts availability? I can still buy parts for a 1965 Chevelle, a 1963 GTO and a 1968 T'bird at NAPA or Autozone. sheesh....

grind on the negative, grind on the negative, grind on the negative, grind on the negative, grind on the negative, ............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyOutlookonLife's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyOutlookonLife reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyOutlookonLife is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #22
teshika33
teshika33 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: GM May Complete Saturn Shutdown by the End of March, Not October 2010 as Previous

My Outlook - thanks for clearing things up. It is still ridiculous what they are doing to the Saturn brand but still why did Jill leave is not the problem, it is the mis-management at GM.

GM=Government Motors....

Oh yeah - Merry Christmas.

Saturn ION 3 (2007, gone with the wind)
Saturn SL1 (2001, sold)

Volkswagen, here I am!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teshika33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teshika33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teshika33 is offline   Reply With Quote