SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
tjohnny42
tjohnny42 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L
1999 SC1
Thumbs Down Heater fan not working

My 2004 Vue 2.2l 4 cyl hetaer fan will not work. I've read some past threads on this and it looks like it might be a relay, or a resistor or the blower itself. Fuses are intact. One thing I haven't read is that when I go back & forth between 0 speed & 1 speed (or 0 & any speed) there is a distinct click sound by the "alternator"? The motor acts sluggish too but no fan... Anyone?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tjohnny42's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tjohnny42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tjohnny42 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
tjohnny42

2004 VUE 2.2L
1999 SC1
Default Re: Heater fan not working

The motor seems like it is being stressed when I try to turn the heater on was what I meant to say. It's trying to turn on but nothing. This happened all of a sudden too. between startups...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tjohnny42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnny42 View Post
The motor seems like it is being stressed when I try to turn the heater on was what I meant to say. It's trying to turn on but nothing. This happened all of a sudden too. between startups...
If you turn fan selector to highest setting all resistors are bypassed ... this is one way to see if fan is OK.

If fan does not run on highest setting, check: (1) 40 amp blower fuse in under-hood fuse panel, (2) HVAC blower relay in center instrument panel, or (3) large size orange wire between 40 amp fuse and one side of blower motor for signs of overheating (supposedly routed through a multi-contact connector in panel next to drivers left foot).

If interested - there's a blower schematic in post 4 of this thread:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144044

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
tjohnny42

2004 VUE 2.2L
1999 SC1

Ended up taking it to dealorship. They found damaged wire in dash (so they said). All better now!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

The AC compressor was coming on when the fan switch was engaged, whether the fan was working or not. This is standard for the VUE and many others with the selector in the floor register position or the defroster/combo settings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote