SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
houstontexanfan
houstontexanfan is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default One year later.

October of last year I brought a 97 SC2, to replace my 95 Grand Prix, which I had a crack head, so I start search for another car. My focus point was the 01-02 model year, I spot a 02 SC2 that was cooper with 127K on it the dealer was asking 6700 for it. I like the car, but I pass to look for another, but I really wanted one with the third door, I end up buying a Black 97SC2 from a private owner with 117K on it. A year later it has 125,532 miles on it new this and that, runs pretty good, but if I had to do it over again I am not for sure if I would had brought it, but I can say I am happy with the car, still need a little more work on it the roof leaks, it has a sunroof (hate sunroofs), the seats are a mess burnt and rip as if some guy got caught cheating, speakers needs to be replace, but it start right up, it run smooth and is pretty good on the highways, made some long trips in it never left me on the side broken down,so to those who chew me out for giving up on this car so fast thanks , a year later we are still rowing .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to houstontexanfan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help houstontexanfan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
houstontexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
off-track
Master Member
off-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: One year later.

I know what you mean on the 3'rd door coupe. I've always liked those too. Good move on passing on the 02 though. An absurd price!

Start checking out your local JY's (if you haven't already). You can most likely find one with a decent interior and grab the seats pretty cheap. Do a search here on "sunroof leak" or "sunroof repair" and you'll find a load of helpful posts. Also be sure to check the library for the same.

1997 - SL2, barebones, 161k, Auto - Rebuild complete and.. burnt a valve 20k later Arrgh!
Purchased 114k 10/07
Added OEM CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to off-track's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help off-track reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
off-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1

Yeah, if you can find the right junkyard, you can probably fix the whole interior for less than $100.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueGuy View Post
Yeah, if you can find the right junkyard, you can probably fix the whole interior for less than $100.

Agreed. And sunroof leaks are easy as pie to fix. Do a search on that, you can most likely fix the leaks without spending a dime.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
houstontexanfan
houstontexanfan is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCraig View Post
Agreed. And sunroof leaks are easy as pie to fix. Do a search on that, you can most likely fix the leaks without spending a dime.

I seen a couple of tips on here, but most of them talk about replacing the sunroof lift and motor,but they do show where the drain plug is, but I really don't have the time, or the space to take on a task, as such, but if I had the money I would just take to a sunroof repair shop.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to houstontexanfan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help houstontexanfan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
houstontexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote