SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
EricSaturnSC2
EricSaturnSC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Saturn of Indianapolis -- Closing October 30th, 2009

I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this post or not, so if it's not please direct me to the proper location. Anyway, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I received this letter in the mail today from Saturn of Indianapolis. Transcribed letter, below... Any typos are my fault, and probably not from the original letter

-----
Dear valued Saturn owner,

By now you have probably heard the news about the failed deal for Penske Auto Group to purchase Saturn and that General Motors will be closing down the Saturn brand. While this is indeed sad news for all of us at Saturn of Indianapolis, rest assured that the Lockhart Automotive Group will continue to provide you with the quality parts and service you have come to expect from us. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will be closing the Saturn of Indianapolis facility on October 30th, 2009. The good news is you will continue to be able to have your Saturn serviced at our Saturn of Greenwood and Saturn of Fishers locations.

Many of the employees that you have gotten to know over the years will be moving to our other Saturn and Cadillac facilities. For now, it is business as usual at our Saturn of Fishers and Saturn of Greenwood facilities and we will be happy to provide you with warranty repairs and any other serivce you may need for your Saturn. These two state of the art facilities are also able to service and repair most other vehicle makes and models, not just Saturn and GM vehicles. Please be assured that the warranty on your Saturn vehicle is completely backed by General Motors and will be honored by all of our facilities including our Lockhart Cadillac locations in Indianapolis and Greenwood.

We are expanding our sales departments to include an even wider selection of pre-owned late model cars, crossovers, vans, trucks and SUVs. In addition, we are also offering exceptional savings on the remanining inventory of our new 2009 model Saturns. We continue to be able to provide you with attractive financing options and repair and maintenance plans that will alow you to enjoy many years of trouble free driving when you purchasing one of our certified vehicles.

As a loyal Saturn/Lockhart vehicle owner, we are pleased to offer you a service special to introduce you to our Saturn of Fishers and Saturn of Greenwood stores. Until November 31st, we are offering our oil and filter change service for just $20.00+tax excluding diesel & synthetic oil.

We hope to see you soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at <phone # redacted> or email <e-mail address redacted>.

Sincerely,

Lynn B. Kimmel
President
-----

(Below the letter are the addresses, phone #'s and a map to the Saturn of Fishers and Saturn of Greenwood locations.)

Unfortunately, I live 5 minutes from the Saturn of Indianapolis location... while being 30+ minutes from the Fishers location and 45+ minutes from the Greenwood location. It's highly likely I'll find a quality local repair shop for my oil changes and service from here forward... my car isn't under warranty any longer, and I don't really have any interest in driving that far just for an oil change. Also, I don't really want to give GM any more of my money, so going to one of their other local dealerships is out of the question as well

Anyway... That's all...
~EricSaturnSC2~
(If anyone wants the actual letter scanned, for whatever reason, I can do so later this week... just didn't have quick access to a scanner today.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EricSaturnSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EricSaturnSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
EricSaturnSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Saturn of Indianapolis -- Closing October 30th, 2009

You're still more fortunate than many Saturn owners. The nearest Saturn dealer is about 2 hours away for me, and I live in the largest population center of the state.

It would be great if every state would have at least one service center dedicated to Saturn's. The volume of cars would support this for quite some time.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
SoundGuy
SoundGuy is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XE

I'm just south of the Greenwood location by 20 minutes. I was happy when I heard it mentioned when I was last at the dealership that they would still be around. Bummer about the indy dealership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoundGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoundGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

I just checked with the "Dayton Saturn" dealer today and they said they are going to remain open under the Saturn logo until NEXT October. Can that be correct? They then will be established under a different make auto, and they did not say which one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
You're still more fortunate than many Saturn owners. The nearest Saturn dealer is about 2 hours away for me, and I live in the largest population center of the state.

It would be great if every state would have at least one service center dedicated to Saturn's. The volume of cars would support this for quite some time.
ditto. The nearest Saturn dealer from our town is two hours away.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote