SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #41
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
where at did I say LETS SAEV SATERN?

I'm just saying if the Chinese like it so much, they can have it. For all I care, they could've saved Pontiac or even Saab over Saturn.
Sorry...I assumed.

I wish Pontiac could have been saved. I think Saab was too far gone...another of GM's mismanagement victims, like Saturn. I think that Pontiac could easily exist in GM's brand structure, but GM couldn't figure out what they wanted Pontiac to be for the last 20 years or so and I don't think they could do it now either. Even now, it seems like they are trying to move Buick upscale and Cadillac downscale so that they will end up competing with each other.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #42
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
Sorry...I assumed.

I wish Pontiac could have been saved. I think Saab was too far gone...another of GM's mismanagement victims, like Saturn. I think that Pontiac could easily exist in GM's brand structure, but GM couldn't figure out what they wanted Pontiac to be for the last 20 years or so and I don't think they could do it now either. Even now, it seems like they are trying to move Buick upscale and Cadillac downscale so that they will end up competing with each other.
Indeed...
Are they hearing planes?
Is their name Tattoo?
$30k+ for a Buick LaCrosse?
They must be living on Fantasy Island!

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #43
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry...I assumed.

I don't know if Buick is moving upscale but Cadillac doesn't seem to be moving downscale---I was just in the Cadillac/Saturn dealership the other days and I didn't see any CTS,DTS,STS or new SRX with a sticker of less than $50,000 there!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #44
TN1
TN1 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Geez people, there seems to be a lot of pent up anger here. After all, it's just a car, a thing. Automotive history is packed to the gills with failed and discontinued brands. GM has had too many brands for too long, and that called for hard decisions.

Enjoy your Saturns, whatever year they are. Take them to the best GM dealer near you for service - you might be surprised. I certainly have been impressed with the service the local Chevy dealer has offered me. They resolved several long-standing warranty issues that the Saturn dealer never could.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TN1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TN1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #45
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpartrid View Post
"Ditto" on the letter coming in the mail today. Signed "Jill".
Eh figures It seems since Saturn's customer service has went to Detroit they have lost any kind of knowledge of me even being an owner where I have received no communication since, along with their service going down the crapper. They were so much better when they were located on site in Spring Hill, at least then I'd receive regular coupons in the mail and even sometimes small gifts

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
mike08vue

I finally got my letter today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #47
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

I received my letter from Saturn Corporate today from Jill.
I also learned that the closetest GM dealer to my home CLOSED today.
Hopefully my Saturn dealership will reopen as a GM dealer!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #48
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

We also received this letter in today's mail. I decided to answer her letter with this:

Dear Ms. Lajdziak,

First of all thank you for your letter dated October 21st concerning the difficult closure of Saturn.

Second my husband Joseph and I are the proud owners of a 2003 VUE and a 2007 OUTLOOK. We have never had any problems with either vehicle, except of course recalls, these are not ever considered a problem to us.

We were ecstatic to have heard that Mr. Penske was considering purchasing Saturn. Then we were devastated when the deal did not finalize.

You see my husband was a HUGE General Motors fan. Three Camaro’s over a 30 year period; the last one was a 1995 convertible. Then when it came time to replace that vehicle GM no longer made the Camero. Yes he is a sports car guy and is well into his 50’s. So we looked and checked out the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky but the “get up and go” just was not there. He wound up purchasing a 2005 Nissan 350Z convertible. This has all the “get up and go” he needs, one speeding ticket under his belt and hopefully no more.

Now don’t forget what I said above, we already had a 2003 VUE which I drove daily and LOVED EVERY MILE. When it came to the winter of 07/08 Joe finally relented that he needed to park his Nissan, after getting stuck at the end of our drive and I could not get the VUE out. So he said let’s get another SUV for you and he would drive the VUE in the winter. I already knew what I wanted and I did not look at another vehicle PERIOD.

We drive to Western Hills Saturn in Cincinnati on a Saturday in December 2007 and found our 2007 OUTLOOK. Purchased it off their show room floor and picked it up the following Monday. LOVED IT from the first minute I sat in one.

Have I been sorry for our decision? No not until this latest news that Saturn will be no longer. Are we going to dump our two Saturn’s? Not until they wear out, which I predict will be several years down the road. You see my husband and I typically have a vehicle anywhere from seven to ten years before getting a new vehicle. Sure the VUE we will have had 7 years this next April but it has low mileage, average around 9,000 per year, it still looks great and no mechanical issues. I personally make the appointments for all our vehicles to get their 3,000 mile oil change and total check up with our own mechanic, if you need to know this is not handled with a Saturn dealership.

So when the time comes to replace the 2003 VUE my mind is made up. I was a staunch Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge person since I was in my mid twenties. No I will not go back to a Chrysler product. Then I have to say that well I am really sorry but we have decided that our next car will NOT be a General Motors product either.

Once GM took the "it's own company identity" away from Saturn and it became mired within GM its individuality and product style disappeared.

Next SUV will, and I am 99% sure of this, be a Nissan.

I do wish you success within the huge corporate monopoly of General Motors because you my dear will need it.

Thank you,
MMarlin

cc: all of our friends and relatives

Okay sorry folks but I did removed our real name and address from this.

Am I ticked off you bet I am.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #49
TN1
TN1 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Dear Ms. Lajdziak,

First, I want to apologize for the behavior of my fellow Saturn owners. Perhaps it is because the anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in people, or perhaps people are brimming with anger because of the torment in the economy and the feeling that corporate America is greedy, poorly managed, and too self interested.

Second, I want to thank GM for making an effort to save the Saturn brand. And, I also want to thank GM for finally making the hard decisions that will hopefully guarantee that this storied American automobile manufacturer continues to exist. If Saturn must cease to exist in order for GM to continue to produce cars and provide employment for 60,000 of my fellow Americans, then I must say "thank you" for making that hard decision. That decision means GM will be there to honor my warranty and guarantee a supply of replacement parts, both of which benefit me directly!

I hope my fellow Saturn owners can take a deep breath and worry about their next car purchase when the time comes. Maybe in doing so they will learn what they really are angry about.

Sincerely,
TN1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TN1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TN1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #50
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike08vue View Post
I don't know if Buick is moving upscale but Cadillac doesn't seem to be moving downscale---I was just in the Cadillac/Saturn dealership the other days and I didn't see any CTS,DTS,STS or new SRX with a sticker of less than $50,000 there!
My perception of Cadillac moving downscale is the new SRX. The 2009 was RWD standard with AWD optional, had a V6 standard with a V8 optional, and started at a little over $40k. The 2010 is FWD standard with AWD optional, has two different V6's to choose from (no V8 option), and starts at roughly $33k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #51
jb1224
jb1224 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to know what I am supposed to do with a piece of crap 2005 Relay that now has $6K in negative equity.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jb1224's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jb1224 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jb1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #52
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1224 View Post
I'd like to know what I am supposed to do with a piece of crap 2005 Relay that now has $6K in negative equity.
Do you live near a flood zone by chance?

I lease expensive vehicles for this very reason, the huge depreciation, not that I'd have a Relay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #53
Amie Jo
Amie Jo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Heart Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM

Haven't gotten a thing from Saturn. I know my dealer is having a "Liquidation Sale". Unfortunately, my Ion is in perfect shape & I don't need a new Saturn. GM really ruined a good thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Amie Jo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Amie Jo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Amie Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #54
bobafett1985
bobafett1985 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I received my letter. I'll be happy to take my Saturn to the GM Goodwrench garage next town over. It's where I take my suburban and they always do a good job. Unfortunately, that dealership will apparently close next year.

Hopefully, the Buick, GMC dealer down the road can stay open...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobafett1985's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobafett1985 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobafett1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #55
mike08vue

Quote:
My perception of Cadillac moving downscale is the new SRX. The 2009 was RWD standard with AWD optional, had a V6 standard with a V8 optional, and started at a little over $40k. The 2010 is FWD standard with AWD optional, has two different V6's to choose from (no V8 option), and starts at roughly $33k.
I noticed the base price on the window sticker of the SRX and it was about 34-35,000, but I only saw ones that had actual prices from 50-52,000 on the lot. There were several 09's left and they stickered from 45-50,000, I had driven one of the 09's for a day or so back when the CTS was getting the sterero replaced under warranty and I was not that impressed with it--I thought that it drove worse than the CTS and my wifes 08 VUE. MY wife did not like it at all--she commented that it was not a comfortable as the VUE. She checked out the 2010 and liked it---I may be "forced" to consider one when the Vue gets long in the tooth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:36 AM   #56
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN1 View Post
Dear Ms. Lajdziak,

First, I want to apologize for the behavior of my fellow Saturn owners. Perhaps it is because the anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in people, or perhaps people are brimming with anger because of the torment in the economy and the feeling that corporate America is greedy, poorly managed, and too self interested.

Second, I want to thank GM for making an effort to save the Saturn brand. And, I also want to thank GM for finally making the hard decisions that will hopefully guarantee that this storied American automobile manufacturer continues to exist. If Saturn must cease to exist in order for GM to continue to produce cars and provide employment for 60,000 of my fellow Americans, then I must say "thank you" for making that hard decision. That decision means GM will be there to honor my warranty and guarantee a supply of replacement parts, both of which benefit me directly!

I hope my fellow Saturn owners can take a deep breath and worry about their next car purchase when the time comes. Maybe in doing so they will learn what they really are angry about.

Sincerely,
TN1
HUMM I would prefer that I not be included within your apology to GM. I have considered this since way back when the rumors started about Saturn being discontinued. Therefore my letter was not a "off the cuff" remark.

Deep breath well actually it was a sucking motion by GM inhaling all that money when they received Government assistance. In other words it sure looks a whole lot like a welfare check (I prefer to not use bailout), because it did come from us the taxpayers.

Granted this did keep a whole lot of workers employed although it also closed many dealerships and put their employees in the unemployment line.

So my first pick of a car would have been Saturn forever. Now no way will another GM vehicle grace our driveway/garage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #57
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

A FOLLOW_UP ON MY LAST POST -

I did call the 800 number for Saturn Customer Service again and this time was able to talk to a woman who was very helpful in assisting me in finding an actual authorized non-Saturn dealership in my area. (our dealership closed Oct.2 and there are no Saturns around for over 100 miles). She even called the dealership to talk to them for me.

I went to the shop later that day and talked with the manager. According to the manager at this particular Chevy store, GM had called them the day after our Saturn closed and told them they were authorized to perform Warranty work for our previous local Saturn customers (me being one).

The lady at Saturn Customer service said that as stores are closing sporadically, it is being handled on a case-by-case basis.

I am glad to see people are finally receiving their letters. Things seem to be happening behind the scenes to ensure our Warranties will be continuous. That's a big load off of my mind.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 AM   #58
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM - RECEIVED REPLY BACK

Besides mailing the letter I also searched the Saturn Corporate web site. Under the "customer service" section you can contact them with questions. Sure there are items they prefer you to check off so they can determine what your questions are. I just "marked" OTHER and sent my letter to them.

Here is the reply back from their Customer Service department this morning.

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:36 AM
To: xxxx
Subject: Letter received from Ms. Jill Lajdziak, Saturn General Manager

Customer Relationship Specialist: Marrah Dineros

Dear MMarlin,

Thank you for contacting the Saturn Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us about the closure of the Saturn brand.

We understand how the decision to phase out the Saturn brand is incredibly painful for each member of our loyal customer base. Please know that every possible outcome was intensely studied before this decision was made. The agreement to discontinue the Saturn line was equally as painful for every member of the Saturn Team, from our corporate employees to the personnel at our local dealerships.

Our goal now is to keep Saturn owners aware of the following key facts:

- Your Saturn vehicle warranty coverage is completely unchanged and fully backed by GM.

- Once Saturn has been phased out, you will be notified where to have warranty work completed and their vehicles maintained.

- Saturn parts will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.

In these difficult times, your satisfaction as a customer remains a key mission to us at Saturn and General Motors. If we can be of any future assistance, please visit us online at saturn.com or contact our Saturn Customer Assistance Center at 800-553-6000. Customer Relationship Specialists are available Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Respectfully,

Your Saturn Team

Okay it is a glorified pat on the head but at least it was something. Now if Ms. Jill L would reply, perhaps not as it probably would be another "carbon copy".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #59
Mach1
Mach1 is on a distinguished road

Re : Letter " LAME" Goodbye All!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mach1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mach1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #60
alshoe
alshoe is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL View Post
Have any of you other Saturn owners out there received this letter? I haven't, nor did I ever receive any of the other letter that Jill sent out before on Saturns future. While the news is nothing I didn't already know, it'd be nice to actually receive something letting me know. It makes you wonder how many others out there that aren't receiving anything, who might not even know all of the details. I'm dissapointed, I want a letter
Yes, I received my letter last week. Own four Saturns and like a lot of people, had very good dealer experience which caused me to return. In fact, it was a bad experience in 2002 at a Chevy Dealer, that prompted me to look at Saturn. Before that, I had not considered Saturn as I thought they were too small for my family. We purchased a L300. Since 2002, had purchased three other vehicles one new, and two used from our Saturn Dealership.

I will miss Saturn. I plan to hold on to my Saturns for a while. Not sure what I will buy when the time comes? Guess I will cross that bridge when I arrive at it.

I do believe GM had too many vehicle models that competed against each other. I don't feel Saturn got their share of advertisment like Chevy or Buick. Although I rented a Aura and liked it, in reality it is very similar to the Chevy Malibu. So there was nothing to set Saturn apart. Albeit the economy effected all auto manufacuters, the decisions with Saturn in the last couple of years ended up contributing greatly to its demise bottom line plumeting sales. It is time to move on and will continue to enjoy our Saturns as long as possible.

alshoe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alshoe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alshoe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alshoe is offline   Reply With Quote